Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
How much was it Sherby

Reminds me of an urmerican car restoration tv programme where money is sunken into old garbage then comes out looking as clean as a pig in muck

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
Can't say how much it was cause it was a distro deal, but it was good enough I couldn't pass it up even without having anything to put it on. 120mm travel, so not really great for my Marin. Kinda thinking of putting it on a Kona heihei, steal some of the lighter parts off my Satori, build it with the rims etc.

The RS-1 is discontinued, so if you want one, get on that sooner than later. Could sell you one at 100 with the cable lockout (it can be removed and the fork defaults to open) for like a grand. Neat fork.

I really liked the Pine Mountain, but I'm a geometric luddite.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
Did they discontinue because it has been made obsolete by the SID? Always loved the RS-1 as well would love to put one 9n my yelli-screamy. Hopefully be some deals on used ones soon.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
They're just too different, didn't sell well. Sid is lighter and people like it more as it's more traditional.

Coworker has been on one for about 3 years. Moved it from his 429SL to a current gen Blur. Rides insanely well.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I just got a fork for a bike I don't own. Anyone else ever find a deal so good they build a bike around it? Got me a clearout RS-1 and kinda perusing through frames to build.

I have a problem.

I've used that as an excuse to build another bike more times than I care to admit. I think once was "I have this extra set of handlebars...I should probably build another bike"

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Can't say how much it was cause it was a distro deal, but it was good enough I couldn't pass it up even without having anything to put it on. 120mm travel, so not really great for my Marin. Kinda thinking of putting it on a Kona heihei, steal some of the lighter parts off my Satori, build it with the rims etc.

The RS-1 is discontinued, so if you want one, get on that sooner than later. Could sell you one at 100 with the cable lockout (it can be removed and the fork defaults to open) for like a grand. Neat fork.

I really liked the Pine Mountain, but I'm a geometric luddite.

I feel like the Heihei is more of a bike than the numbers would suggest, although I haven't ridden any other 100-120mm fs bikes other than Process 111. Only thing that really bugs me is the slack STA. I always felt like I coun't get enough weight on the front wheel when seated even with 6degree stem slammed. With this setup I managed to keep the front wheel planted on climbs though. It just still wasn't optimal.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I just got a fork for a bike I don't own. Anyone else ever find a deal so good they build a bike around it? Got me a clearout RS-1 and kinda perusing through frames to build.

I have a problem.

an RS1 would look dope on a blur, just sayin...

a dude on a xc hardtail cruised past me on a climb yesterday afternoon and it made me wonder about an xc/trail bike

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
on a yeti sb100 too.... tried one on a spesh and it felt really nice to be honest

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I have a problem.

I just got a new frame and I dont have a fork. Opposite sides of the same problem. (I need 150mm at least though)

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 17:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
They're just too different, didn't sell well. Sid is lighter and people like it more as it's more traditional.

Coworker has been on one for about 3 years. Moved it from his 429SL to a current gen Blur. Rides insanely well.

That makes sense. I guess "Obsoleted" isn't the best term to use.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
[/Quote]

I just got a new frame and I dont have a fork. Opposite sides of the same problem. (I need 150mm at least though)[/Quote]

Thinking about selling my lyrik 160 w luftkappe...

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I have a problem.

a dude on a xc hardtail cruised past me on a climb yesterday afternoon and it made me wonder about an xc/trail bike

Coworker literally has a 120mm RS-1 on a Blur. Thing honestly rides beyond incredible. Helps he's running carbon stan's wheels, a fraiser bar, and xx1 drivetrain. Thing is pretty fly. Think she's around the 22lb mark right now on goodyear peaks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
I was really bad at buying clear out frames and hoarding them.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I have a problem.

Coworker literally has a 120mm RS-1 on a Blur. Thing honestly rides beyond incredible. Helps he's running carbon stan's wheels, a fraiser bar, and xx1 drivetrain. Thing is pretty fly. Think she's around the 22lb mark right now on goodyear peaks.

holy shit 22lbs with a 120mm fork would be an absolute weapon. id probably be stupid and run a dpx2 out back for a little more forgiveness on some of the chunkier trails but sounds like it would be perfect for really lengthy rides

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
Well I got a no on the last interview however I have one lined up for friday

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.056305
Mobile Version of Website