Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
More surprisingly how Matt Jones is sponsored by the ugliest tackiest brands out there

Polygon imo JUST edges out Marin for making that weird linkage design ugly. But I will fight someone over the Quad link design. That design worked amazing, people just couldn't get over the high triangle look.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
More surprisingly how Matt Jones is sponsored by the ugliest tackiest brands out there

Polygon imo JUST edges out Marin for making that weird linkage design ugly. But I will fight someone over the Quad link design. That design worked amazing, people just couldn't get over the high triangle look.
Same I would love another generation of quad link.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
They may be ugly but they always get decent reviews for being poppy and fun to ride.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
I’d rather a Daisy than a poppy

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
They may be ugly but they always get decent reviews for being poppy and fun to ride.

Problem is at the same pricepoint there's tonnes of good bikes that also look really nice. That ugly pig is $6400.

I'm sure it rides real good but would you choose it over a bronson or a forbidden druid?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
I would never spend that much on a bike anyway so my opinion is invalid haha

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
tom666 wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

Problem is at the same pricepoint there's tonnes of good bikes that also look really nice. That ugly pig is $6400.

I'm sure it rides real good but would you choose it over a bronson or a forbidden druid?
Probably, the bearings on the Santa Cruz bikes are garbage and there's no local support for a druid.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
Not reason enough to go for the ugliness.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Those quadlink bikes where heavy af though. Maybe a modern version could fix that.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
tom666 wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

Probably, the bearings on the Santa Cruz bikes are garbage and there's no local support for a druid.

Not sure if you are aware of how much the Wolf Ridge eats through bearings.. Not sure the Mount Vision would be any different. Such significant rear end flex issues that people are having to have swing arms replaced under warranty and some cases frames due to the shock yoke contacting the seatpost and damaging the frame.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Those quadlink bikes where heavy af though. Maybe a modern version could fix that.
I thought this was Pinkbike not weight weenies.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
tom666 wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

but its ugly and doesnt climb well and its ugly, and its heavy even in top spec and its ugly. also its ugly. they also go through bearings like none other, and ive heard cases of tons of side-loading on rear shocks. and its ugly

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
tom666 wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

Bearings are shit on most modern bikes tbf. Such a huge job to change them all over and often you can't even access them to regrease them without taking half the bike apart.

Santa Cruz do provide free bearings for life though I believe

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
tom666 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Bearings are shit on most modern bikes tbf. Such a huge job to change them all over and often you can't even access them to regrease them without taking half the bike apart.

They do, also are pretty to easy to clean and grease thanks in part to the grease nipple on the VPP link.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
tom666 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
tom666 wrote:

I’d rather they use a lot better sealing whilst packing enough marine grease into them

Get that right bike brands then you won’t have to offer bearings for life ffs

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048354
Mobile Version of Website