Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Stolen ... :/
I bought my rv1 for $175 new, dude too it if good new maiden and relaxed it with a worse fox 40

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Wale wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
The process with Marino was pretty painless? Definitely a big consideration for me whenever I can get a new ride. 130mm 29er hardtail from him would be awesome.

And for the record, I do really like the bike, but you know how it goes.

I actually placed an order on the website a while ago. Banana, how long it took for you to get the draft?

Marino purchase was easy - super responsive to emails, sent multiple drafts to illustrate different options etc.
Took three days from first email to first draft, but I think it would have been quicker if I'd reached out on Facebook (which I don't use) or Insta, which I used to chase him up as I think the initial emails from the website go to a different inbox to his own account.

(@wale if you still haven't heard by Monday evening then PM him on Insta or Faceballs just to let him know you've ordered)

I placed the order 19th of September and got an email on 26th that they got my order and will get back with a design. Haven't heard from them since. I guess I have to send a message in Facebook.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
old people and craigslist, someone bought it for a build and never used it, tried selling it but its not fox or rs so listed it cheap, only a few cherish the finer things Big Grin

I love that situation. That's how I got my first touring ski setup. I could have turned around and sold it for $300 or so more. Thank god for old spouses who say their partner needs to clean out their quiver/ garage/ shed.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
Alright, this seems like a fair place to post this...

Where do you guys find the most success/least headache selling a bike? On here? FB? CL? Word of mouth? MTBR? Other forums I dont know about?

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
Oh my god, I’m losing my mind, long travel 29, mid travel 27.5 or hardcore hard tail, idk what to do

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Where do you guys find the most success/least headache selling a bike? On here? FB? CL? Word of mouth? MTBR? Other forums I dont know about?

You’ll sell quicker on Craigslist, pb has people who know what it’s worth so more hassle, fb marketplace is a hassle, don’t know about the others

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

CL is easiest.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Oh my god, I’m losing my mind, long travel 29, mid travel 27.5 or hardcore hard tail, idk what to do

Why not mid travel 29 or long travel 27.5?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
Mid-long travel penny farthing is where it's at - 29er front with 120mm travel, 20" rear with 200mm travel.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
Well there was this one guy riding a Cove STD with 27.5 rear, 29 front. 140 upfront and 180 rear.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

How tall are you again?
Wanna borrow my Torrent for a week to prove to yourself what a terrible idea a HT as your only bike is?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Wale wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

This ^^^^

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Wale wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

This ^^^^

Short travel 27.5 for jumping and more fun or 29s for races

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Well sounds like you need to figure out what you want to do with the bike first. Racing or fun. I would say a longer travel 27.5 can be fun and playfull. I think a bike in the 150 to 160 is your best bet for an all around bike. Short travel bikes are fun but when things get rough/rowdy they run out of travel fast regardless of wheel size.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Well sounds like you need to figure out what you want to do with the bike first. Racing or fun. I would say a longer travel 27.5 can be fun and playfull. I think a bike in the 150 to 160 is your best bet for an all around bike. Short travel bikes are fun but when things get rough/rowdy they run out of travel fast regardless of wheel size.

For reference, I'm selling exactly this bike lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031924
Mobile Version of Website