Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Wale wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

I really wouldnt be able to tell the difference between e forks and standard, is there? I could let my formula go to you for wayyyyyy cheap

You're no gonna use it yourself?

It doesn’t look like it, I want to but I can’t justify a build

The weight isn't even that bad. Looks like it weighs the same as a Pike. I'd like something a little lighter, like 34 Performance elite/factory or Ribbon SL. My budget is very limited though and the Selva would be one hell of a fork on 120mm trail bike!

It's a 29", right?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Wale wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Wale wrote:

Well that's the problem. I don't want that extra 250-300g for no reason on a light trail bike.
weight weenie

Why would I want a 34 that weighs more than a 36 Big Grin Just doesn't make any sense

Its a 34 that feels like a 36....

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
Wale wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Wale wrote:

You're no gonna use it yourself?

The weight isn't even that bad. Looks like it weighs the same as a Pike. I'd like something a little lighter, like 34 Performance elite/factory or Ribbon SL. My budget is very limited though and the Selva would be one hell of a fork on 120mm trail bike!

It's a 29", right?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:17 Quote
so did anyone read the potato article on the home page that potatoes are a better fuel than protein packs and gels? anyways I took it to heart.

thats 7 lbs of yukons in my fanny

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:23 Quote
potatoes are the same nutritionally but they are way heavier and bulkier and a raw potato doesnt taste that good.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
I don't think protein supplements make good fuel at all, in fact I'm pretty certain that's not what protein is for.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
potatoes are the same nutritionally but they are way heavier and bulkier and a raw potato doesnt taste that good.

idk about the not tasting good part, the taste rather nice raw, also cronchy

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Raw potatoes definitely not my thing.

Mabye a cooked one wrapped up.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I don't think protein supplements make good fuel at all, in fact I'm pretty certain that's not what protein is for.
You are correct.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 19:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

gels/clifbars/etc are not protein supplements.
comparing them as nutritionally similar to a potato, which is entirely starch, would be a hint.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
dkidd wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
You are correct.

But proteins mixed with carbs, along with dietary fiber, helps slow the breakdown allowing the energy creating carbs to last longer. Typically. So something like a peanut butter and banana sandwich, made on some real hearty seeded and whole wheated bread would be bomb. Dates, figs, and all kinds of other whole fruits are going to have more complex sugar strands, and fiber, that will break down more slowly.

The other advantage to adding protein to the snack is it helps put muscle repairing nutrients into your body to help with recovery.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Wale wrote:
jespinal wrote:
weight weenie

Why would I want a 34 that weighs more than a 36 Big Grin Just doesn't make any sense

Its a 34 that feels like a 36....

Actually just checked and it weighs more than a 36.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Wale wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

It's a 29", right?

Oh well, of course

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
You are correct.

But proteins mixed with carbs, along with dietary fiber, helps slow the breakdown allowing the energy creating carbs to last longer. Typically. So something like a peanut butter and banana sandwich, made on some real hearty seeded and whole wheated bread would be bomb. Dates, figs, and all kinds of other whole fruits are going to have more complex sugar strands, and fiber, that will break down more slowly.

The other advantage to adding protein to the snack is it helps put muscle repairing nutrients into your body to help with recovery.

Might be a very British one but Soreen mini malt loafs are the best riding snacks in the world

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:

You are correct.

Might be a very British one but Soreen mini malt loafs are the best riding snacks in the world

I personally enjoy fig newtons, very calorie dense, cheap, and easy to pack. That combined with some beef jerky or some other protein rich snack would be a great combo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037786
Mobile Version of Website