Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Maybe true iffy Maybe true

Just that essentially we could all stop eating piggies to save the planet ;-d haha

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
NO, Denmark will collapse and Maggie will starve!!

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
iffy wrote:

@ Mr tit, many greenpeace types also ride bikes and turn the lights off when they leave the room Wink

An anecdotal side note.
A few years ago, I did the math for the carbon footprint of cycling, as at the time I was involved in similar research with the university of Braunschweig in the medical field.

While there's no doubt that a relatively short commute is a win-win-win onso many levels, it gets hairy rather fast.
Once you're past a commute of some 20km in total daily, it get's fairly environmentally hostile to ride a bike, as it's hard to keep filling up on pasta and greens. At some point most people start consuming meat to kill the hunger, and that's where it gets interesting.
I admittedly used the worst case scenario for the calculation, red meat, but pork is not significantly better.
Now bear with me, as I don't have the papers anymore, but as I recall it was something to the tune of that a bicycle powered by red meat, is roughly the equivalent of an economical small car, from a carbon footprint point of view.
I thought that was quite an eye opener at the time.

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
iffy wrote:
NO, Denmark will collapse and Maggie will starve!!

No, cause Maggie does not spend much time in Denmark.
The Danes will starve, but that's not gonna cause any immideate consequences, as most of them are really fat.

Magura Big Grin

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
im moving to portland in february to take care of the grandparents

Good choice!

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
"environmentally hostile to ride a bike"

a phrase I thought I would never hear outside of the hydrocarbon industry

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yeah it always amused me in an ironic way how greenpeace folk drive around in their VW camper vans etc

They are hypocritical to say the least

Plus they use energy too ffs

Yeah, because a f*cking van is comparable to a jet flight or an oil rig in terms of pollution. :eyeroll: This whole shaming of individuals in context to the environment is honestly laughable. There's no change we can make as the little man. I don't own a private jet.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
iffy wrote:
"environmentally hostile to ride a bike"

a phrase I thought I would never hear outside of the hydrocarbon industry

It's sure eye opening. I double checked the math, as I thought it couldn't be so.
Do keep in mind though, that very few people gets to that point, and that the wast majority are just getting less fat, but for people around here, it's fairly real.
I frequently ride my bike when I go visit my father, who lives some 60km from my place.
Feeling green while doing so got fairly difficult, after I made that piece of research.
Sure those 60km are not compensated for with caurliflower, but a few more slices of beef roast.

Magura Big Grin

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
Burger King are opening a new drive-thru next town along next Thursday. Can't wait.....

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Yeah it always amused me in an ironic way how greenpeace folk drive around in their VW camper vans etc

They are hypocritical to say the least

Plus they use energy too ffs

Yeah, because a f*cking van is comparable to a jet flight or an oil rig in terms of pollution. :eyeroll: This whole shaming of individuals in context to the environment is honestly laughable. There's no change we can make as the little man. I don't own a private jet.

Pointing fingers at the few private jets, is making no sense.

You as an individual can make a whole lot of difference. The wast majority of fuel, is burned by people like ourselves.
That 0.001% of the world population are environmental super-pigs, just doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
So yes, a few millions of vans are in fact a large part of the problem.

What TiBoob pointed out, and that is indeed very true, is that most environmentalists are busy about what other people should do, or about pointing fingers without offering a solution.
That sure has gotten old.
At this point I'm also on team "be part of the solution or shut up".

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Burger King are opening a new drive-thru next town along next Thursday. Can't wait.....

can you drive thru on an ebike?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
iffy wrote:
next time you head out for some McDonald’s, KFC or Burger King etc

apart from it being one of the worst types of shit iti is possible to put into your system
just spare a thought for what you are financing

photo

#f*ckfastfood
honestly my dude f*ck green peace and then f*ck the fast food they lost their activist status long time ago

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
iffy wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

can you drive thru on an ebike?

Sam Pilgrim proves that this can be done!

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
Arguing that the little man can’t do anything is just lazy.
Just don’t eat meat produced by enormous companies. if you really HAVE to eat meat cause you’re too lazy to switch your diet, buy it from some local farmer, do a little research into what youre putting into your body.
If youre stupid enough to be eating the garbage quality meat put out by giant corporations, then youre probably gonna get all kinds of cancer anyways.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
jespinal wrote:

honestly my dude f*ck green peace and then f*ck the fast food they lost their activist status long time ago

probably doing more than you are though..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.058713
Mobile Version of Website