Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
What about campsites? Thinking about getting a hire car, getting a cheap tent over there and do a week camping.

If you're on the Socal part of the coast (south of Pismo Beach) camping is stupid expensive for what you get down there. I wouldn't plan on bike parks being open even in Socal by March. Even with a shit snow year most places won't have done hiring for the bike park that early. And if it's not a shit snow year people will be skiing.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

Well so far it got at looking at flights into LAX, but I'd like a bit of time by the sea and some time up in the mountains.

Ahh SoCal. For time by the sea I’d recommend Ventura, Carpenteria, and Santa Barbara Area. For mountains, there’s all kinds of hills around those areas, but you have Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear not too far away that has a couple bike parks, obviously dependent on snow that time of year. Sky Mountain bike park is a fun little trail center that has lots of this things to do, especially for Millie. And if you’re feeling real adventurous. Mammoth probably wouldn’t be too shitty of a drive and would almost certainly still have snow. Guess depends how long you’d be there for.
What about campsites? Thinking about getting a hire car, getting a cheap tent over there and do a week camping.

Hmm I dunno about specific ones but I’m sure there’d be some around Carpenteria, Ventura, Ojai, and such. Ojai is beautiful and I’m sure has some really nice hikes and still very close to some beautiful beaches and some fun downtowns. I know around Ojai there was an AirBnB where you can rent a camper or airstream or something and they’ll set it up for you.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

If you're on the Socal part of the coast (south of Pismo Beach) camping is stupid expensive for what you get down there. I wouldn't plan on bike parks being open even in Socal by March. Even with a shit snow year most places won't have done hiring for the bike park that early. And if it's not a shit snow year people will be skiing.

no kidding on the expensive part, we booked a camping trip to the redwoods a year in advance and in a day it was all sold out the next day. hella expensive

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Is March a good time of year to visit California?

can be pretty wet in march. pretty much the same temp all year though depending where you go.

if youre planning on camping, get on those reservations ASAP.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
sosburn wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
In CO right now I can ski and bike in the same day not even an hour drive apart ????

one day i wanna ski in the morning, drive to auburn or something and bike, and make it back to SF to surf into the evening.

Done that before, it's a BIG day. But I tried to do more than just "ok I ski'd one run, surfed one wave, rode a short trail"

Jelly. Up here I could easily do snowboarding and biking. I guess I could surf, the beach is only 2.5 hours away. Haven't surfed up this far north before though, but have some school friends who go, so only a matter of time!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
sosburn wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

can be pretty wet in march. pretty much the same temp all year though depending where you go.

Camping in Europe is so different. 9 times out of 10 you can turn up and get a space.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

Camping in Europe is so different. 9 times out of 10 you can turn up and get a space.

In my experience that’s how it is just about everywhere but California.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:

OK fair enough.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Certainly not Moab..

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

Bled and Bohinjska Bistrica is kinda out of this in main season. If you are not there till 10am, you can just forget it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
moferenc wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Bled and Bohinjska Bistrica is kinda out of this in main season. If you are not there till 10am, you can just forget it.
OK, so it's like that in the UK, France, Germany and Belgium.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
Depending on where you are in BC it can be booked up pretty tight or you are paying premium prices.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I mean if you know what you're doing or are cool with pirate camping it's not that hard in northern CA. BUT if you're flying in, yeah it's worth making the reservations.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

I mean if you know what you're doing or are cool with pirate camping it's not that hard in northern CA. BUT if you're flying in, yeah it's worth making the reservations.
Looks like it might be hotels then

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
Cali holibobs is on hold, wife might be losses a day of work.

Active Forum Threads
32 mins ago - Kona Process 153 vs Ibis Ripmo AF: Which is Better For Beginners?
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
3 hours ago - Greece for enduro riding in winter
3 hours ago - 2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
4 hours ago - Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
4 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
5 hours ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
5 hours ago - Post your Propain!
5 hours ago - How should I go about custom painting my fork?
5 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
5 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
5 hours ago - Trailforks.com Bug Reports
5 hours ago - I really want my bike back....
6 hours ago - [STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)
6 hours ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
7 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
7 hours ago - Better cable routing grommets - 2019 Capra AL
7 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
7 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
7 hours ago - Motobecane Hal Boost: Anyone Riding a BD Bike?
8 hours ago - Best Do it all Bike
8 hours ago - Having a hell of a time finding a replacement wheel
8 hours ago - transition pbj

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034886
Mobile Version of Website