Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Just say f*ck it, and wing it...
That’s what sent to the ER in the first place lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
rahrider wrote:
I used to always see people survive their first half marathon and then want to instantly move on to the full. Never worked out for them. If you are already running 50, you know that it takes a few seasons for your body/mind to get comfortable with a longer distance competition. If you have done 50 milers for a few years it might be time to try moving up. You already know what it's like to "survive" a race, I don't see the point in that. The only one who knows if you are ready is you. Even if you are ready, 100miles can f*#k anyone up. One friend of mine had been doing ultras for years and during her first attempt at 100, she got yanked at 75miles hallucinating and delirious.

Good luck either way.
I get what your saying. I should probably wait until next year at least to go a 100..... This is my first season of ultramarathons, and it worked out ok, all things considered.
My issue(s) is that I’m 24, and think I’m invincible and knowing Pam Reed pretty darn well doesn’t help at all.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
Get a healthy 50 under your belt then go up to 75 then 100. Don’t need to pass out on the trail.

A friend of mine did a 75 and after the race they did a best hallucination award. Some guy could of sworn he was being followed by an ambulance but the where almost at the summit of the mountain.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Get a healthy 50 under your belt then go up to 75 then 100. Don’t need to pass out on the trail.

A friend of mine did a 75 and after the race they did a best hallucination award. Some guy could of sworn he was being followed by an ambulance but the where almost at the summit of the mountain.
I haven’t had anything that bad yet. lol Worst I’ve had is auditory hallucinations a wee bit, like have thought multiple times during races that someone is on my ass because I heard footsteps or something like that and I’m the only person in sight. Worst race for that may be in mid July of next year. I have a race that starts at 2am. That be a gold time. Maybe get like 4 hours of sleep and then go run 50 miles, and like 4.5 of those hours in the darkness.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
I guess I should also state that this is for trail running, and that I don’t MTB anymore.

Booo! Go to your shitty trail running forum!

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Wale wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
I guess I should also state that this is for trail running, and that I don’t MTB anymore.

Hey Mr. ICan'tDrive, I don't need your GenZ attitude here!

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Do it..you don't want to live too long anyways
I've already gone in acute renal failure this summer after my 50 miler.

I was more referencing that ultra-runners who regularly run extreme distances are said to be shortening their lifespans, whether or not you are healthy and fit enough for the events.
That being said, I believe in living life to the fullest and your goals sound awesome.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Do it..you don't want to live too long anyways

I was more referencing that ultra-runners who regularly run extreme distances are said to be shortening their lifespans, whether or not you are healthy and fit enough for the events.
That being said, I believe in living life to the fullest and your goals sound awesome.
I mean, we all got to die of something. I’d rather keel over during a race at 55 than die at 75 a fat piece of shit.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Same! Although, I'de love to still be kicking ass on a bike (obviously to a lesser degree) on a bike at 75.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

k
I mean, we all got to die of something. I’d rather keel over during a race at 55 than die at 75 a fat piece of shit.

I’d rather still be riding at 75 than have worn out joints from running waayyyy too much for 10 years and having knee replacements at 55. They have shown in studies that competitive athletes have worse joints than inactive people as they age but recreational runners have better knees than inactive people. It’s all about stress and recovery. Ultra running is too much stress on the body for many. Competitive athletes always try to maximize stress, minimize recovery and train through injuries until something needs surgery. That is not an equation for active “golden years”

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Take note people: These are your only two options.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
waiting for your new frame to arrive has got to be one of the most stressful things.
fedex says it departed a station 100miles away over 12 hours ago and im gettin antsy

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
dkidd wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Take note people: These are your only two options.
Pretty much. I mean, I don’t plan (once again, 24 year old here) I’m being the next gen Scott Jurek or Dean Karnezes or Pam Reed. I plan on doing maybe one or two 100 milers a year, and maybe 3-4 50 milers a year.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
Wale wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Hey Mr. ICan'tDrive, I don't need your GenZ attitude here!

I know my attitude is what you love about me!

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
I am watching lethal weapon

Shit's awful

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033014
Mobile Version of Website