Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Burger King are opening a new drive-thru next town along next Thursday. Can't wait.....

can you drive thru on an ebike?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
iffy wrote:
next time you head out for some McDonald’s, KFC or Burger King etc

apart from it being one of the worst types of shit iti is possible to put into your system
just spare a thought for what you are financing

#f*ckfastfood
honestly my dude f*ck green peace and then f*ck the fast food they lost their activist status long time ago

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
iffy wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Burger King are opening a new drive-thru next town along next Thursday. Can't wait.....

can you drive thru on an ebike?

Sam Pilgrim proves that this can be done!

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
Arguing that the little man can’t do anything is just lazy.
Just don’t eat meat produced by enormous companies. if you really HAVE to eat meat cause you’re too lazy to switch your diet, buy it from some local farmer, do a little research into what youre putting into your body.
If youre stupid enough to be eating the garbage quality meat put out by giant corporations, then youre probably gonna get all kinds of cancer anyways.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
jespinal wrote:

honestly my dude f*ck green peace and then f*ck the fast food they lost their activist status long time ago

probably doing more than you are though..

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
iffy wrote:
jespinal wrote:

probably doing more than you are though..

Yes, to fill their own pockets, and to be as visible as possible, to people that hopefully don't question anything, and thus hopefully will cough up.

.....Iffy, I have a great deal of respect for you, but don't try to defend the feelgood industry, cause there's rarely anything left to defend.

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:

Yes, to fill their own pockets, and to be as visible as possible, to people that hopefully don't question anything, and thus hopefully will cough up.

Magura Smile

you are confusing them with the Conservative Party lol

no wait..

they are one step ahead..

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
They're much the same if you look at their approach. Again, this can be said about the wast majority of politicians, so no reason to single out the British Conservative party, they're sure not alone.

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
er.... you not been paying attention methinks...

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
sherbet wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Yeah it always amused me in an ironic way how greenpeace folk drive around in their VW camper vans etc

They are hypocritical to say the least

Plus they use energy too ffs

Yeah, because a f*cking van is comparable to a jet flight or an oil rig in terms of pollution. :eyeroll: This whole shaming of individuals in context to the environment is honestly laughable. There's no change we can make as the little man. I don't own a private jet.

Pointing fingers at the few private jets, is making no sense.

You as an individual can make a whole lot of difference. The wast majority of fuel, is burned by people like ourselves.
That 0.001% of the world population are environmental super-pigs, just doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
So yes, a few millions of vans are in fact a large part of the problem.

What TiBoob pointed out, and that is indeed very true, is that most environmentalists are busy about what other people should do, or about pointing fingers without offering a solution.
That sure has gotten old.
At this point I'm also on team "be part of the solution or shut up".

Magura Smile

I don't drive a car. My phone is 5 years old. I cycle to the next city over to about 100km away. I rent a room instead of owning a house.

As an individual, I'm already extremely low in carbon footprint. I could go entirely off grid for a sum of money I don't have. Meanwhile, the top 5 crude oil ships moving from country to country are producing more emissions than I will in 100 lifetimes per journey.

But yes, please keep telling me this is the fault of the individual. I'm doing what I can, but frankly, it isn't going to change shit unless the people in power also make a real attempt to lower their footprint.

As for the "few private jets out there." Do you realize what a few means? You do realize it's nearly 5000 private jets? You do realize that isn't not only a few, but that's the same emissions as a f*cking province worth of private use of normal emissions.

Once again, you weigh in on something you're enormously ignorant on while entirely missing the point.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
from the 1 mobile, 1 minute, 1 film festival

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
I exclusively fart into jars now to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the ozone. I'm doing my part! Salute

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Yeah, because a f*cking van is comparable to a jet flight or an oil rig in terms of pollution. :eyeroll: This whole shaming of individuals in context to the environment is honestly laughable. There's no change we can make as the little man. I don't own a private jet.

Pointing fingers at the few private jets, is making no sense.

You as an individual can make a whole lot of difference. The wast majority of fuel, is burned by people like ourselves.
That 0.001% of the world population are environmental super-pigs, just doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
So yes, a few millions of vans are in fact a large part of the problem.

What TiBoob pointed out, and that is indeed very true, is that most environmentalists are busy about what other people should do, or about pointing fingers without offering a solution.
That sure has gotten old.
At this point I'm also on team "be part of the solution or shut up".

Magura Smile

I don't drive a car. My phone is 5 years old. I cycle to the next city over to about 100km away. I rent a room instead of owning a house.

As an individual, I'm already extremely low in carbon footprint. I could go entirely off grid for a sum of money I don't have. Meanwhile, the top 5 crude oil ships moving from country to country are producing more emissions than I will in 100 lifetimes per journey.

But yes, please keep telling me this is the fault of the individual. I'm doing what I can, but frankly, it isn't going to change shit unless the people in power also make a real attempt to lower their footprint.

As for the "few private jets out there." Do you realize what a few means? You do realize it's nearly 5000 private jets? You do realize that isn't not only a few, but that's the same emissions as a f*cking province worth of private use of normal emissions.

Once again, you weigh in on something you're enormously ignorant on while entirely missing the point.

Clearly it requires that everybody does it, for anything to have significant effect. That one single person can't change the pollution issues of the world I falsely considered self explanatoru.
Sorry!

Now I take you didn't read what I wrote above, but I in fact have spent significant time with the university of Braunschweig in Germany, on exactly the topic of carbon footprint, so while you generally seem to favor spewing your frustration at people when they don't agree with you, I suggest you do a bit of footwork here.
If not for other reasons, then for your own benefit.
It's not quite as simple as you'd like it to be.

You try to represent your case, like I humorously did earlier in this thread about the carbon footprint of cycling. There I also took a worst case scenario, and calculated the norm by it.
Yes, if 5000 private jets were flying 24-7-365, they would probably have some kind of impact, I'm honestly too lazy to do the math, as it in no way can be a significant factor.
Now the boring reality is that they don't.
Anyone I know of who has one, has it spending the wast majority of its life in a hangar.
To most peoples surprise, people that owns a private jet, has other things to do than flying around in it.
Who would have thought that......

Take a cell phone that you now brought up.
Most people think the big environmentally issue is the phone itself, as they can see it generates trash after a couple of years. Now try doing the math of the power consumption for running that phone every day, and even worse the amount of power it takes to run a huge number of base stations to cater for the cell phones.
Then you'll soon find out that 200 grams of electronic waste is not even worth talking about.

The grand point of what I tried to explain, is that pointing fingers leads nowhere.
You can lead by example, and try to inspire others to follow.
You can try to develop technology that lowers the carbon footprint of everyday tasks and items.
You can try to keep your own carbon footprint as small as possible.
You can develop technology that makes recycling reality.

.......but spewing hatred Greta Thunberg style brings nothing positive, no matter whom you target.
Be that the rich, the empowered, or people that wears their underwear inside out.

Magura Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
ratcat wrote:
I exclusively fart into jars now to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the ozone. I'm doing my part! Salute

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/12/discovery-racing-extinction-methane-bags-timelapse/

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
It honestly makes me happy to see you guys arguing about this stuff. At least people are really putting thought into it these days, that's a huge win IMO. Just need to follow through and talk about it with others.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029242
Mobile Version of Website