Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
Thanks for the offer but the cost of shipping alone is more than the cost of service. I'll get it done this week, seems like snow is on the way so I won't be missing out.

And Tom that sounds like the perfect morning, well, almost perfect Whip

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
Man, working full time is boring I want my students life back

Indont mind the paycheck tho

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
I know special-ed isn't of everyone's taste but have you guys seen this?

https://www.specialized.com/es/es/fuse-comp-29/p/171069?color=263308-171069

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Too busy skiing and snowboarding to post. Ttyl

Too busy fkiiing and waterboarding ( yes sirey she’s a proper gusher/squirter) to post

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Get ready to have all the internals replaced should cost about as much as a new shock
Provided his damping still functions it's likely an over pressured negative air spring, this is something fairly easy to do at home...

The air is leaking from the positive to the negative spring, problem is CC isn't selling their service kits for the rebuild otherwise my regular mechanic could easily open it up and replace the faulty seals.
This way I have to send it away and the service should set me back between 70 and 120€. So not and exorbitant amount and way less than the cost of a replacement shock (plus the size is 210*55 and there are limited options).
Often over pressure is caused by a hard bottom out in cold weather, while it's a good idea to replace the seals nine times out of ten just disassembling and reassembling the air spring will correct the issue, it's free and worth a shot...

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
Yeah fox used to have the cold seal issue

New redesigned seal fixed that

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Looks about right
When's the big move to France happening then?
Hopefully do some house shopping this summer.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 2:52 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Looks about right

I just returned from a few days in France.
That would quite possibly be the last place I'd move to!

Magura Smile

You haven't been to Britain recently have you?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Magura Smile

In fact I have. There it seems like over 50% of the population is having a daily shower, and most things are working.
......Not to mention the fact that the British don't come across even half as much of a burden in everyday life.

I've traveled more than most people ever will, lived in several countries, spent a long time in most of the rest of Europe.
The only two European countries I would never accept to live in, would be France and Switzerland.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:04 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:

Magura Smile

In fact I have. There it seems like over 50% of the population is having a daily shower, and most things are working.
......Not to mention the fact that the British don't come across even half as much of a burden in everyday life.

I've traveled more than most people ever will, lived in several countries, spent a long time in most of the rest of Europe.
The only two European countries I would never accept to live in, would be France and Switzerland.

Magura Smile

Switzerland? That's interesting. Why is that?

I don't think I could love in Southern Italy. I think the corruption and mafia control could make it a difficult place to live - even if it is beautiful and has great food and trails. Northern Italy I think would be better.

Scandinavia is beautiful but those dark, cold winters would be hard. One amazing half of the year and one super shitty half there I think. Maybe you would get used to it?

As much as the UK can be bleak and boring it's actually a pretty good place. It isn't massively corrupt, we have excellent shops and services, the weather is very liveable - I'm out riding most days even in January. It's not too bad apart from the Midlands (I lived there 4 years) and some of the North which are a bit shit lol

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Out riding on Saturday, seems I have some issues with the CC DBair, sucked down into travel, lasted for almost two years without needing service so not too bad, only issue is the repair cannot be done locally, I need to send it away and wait a couple weeks.
Fortunately the weather is shite. Cold as balls

Maybe it's just a quick aircan service

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
From my brief trip to Germany last year, it appeared to be like Britain if Britain was 10 times better.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
From my brief trip to Germany last year, it appeared to be like Britain if Britain was 10 times better.

They say that the grass is always greener on the other side. Everywhere seems great when you’re visiting, it’s new and exciting and you aren’t there long enough to find out about the bits that are annoying if you lived there

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

They say that the grass is always greener on the other side. Everywhere seems great when you’re visiting, it’s new and exciting and you aren’t there long enough to find out about the bits that are annoying if you lived there

Exactly!

After having spent a fair amount of time, in quite a few different countries, the conclusion is that every place has just about the same amount of cons and pros. The trick is to find the place with the pros you enjoy, and the cons you don't mind.
The next thing is that to live well most places, you need to assimilate.
That's not coming easy to everyone. If you don't do that, you'll live poorly just about anywhere.
If you do assimilate, learn the language, dress like the they do where you are, come to terms with the local cousine, learn and respect the local traditions, and so forth, you can live well almost anywhere.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

Magura Smile

Switzerland? That's interesting. Why is that?

I don't think I could love in Southern Italy. I think the corruption and mafia control could make it a difficult place to live - even if it is beautiful and has great food and trails. Northern Italy I think would be better.

Scandinavia is beautiful but those dark, cold winters would be hard. One amazing half of the year and one super shitty half there I think. Maybe you would get used to it?

As much as the UK can be bleak and boring it's actually a pretty good place. It isn't massively corrupt, we have excellent shops and services, the weather is very liveable - I'm out riding most days even in January. It's not too bad apart from the Midlands (I lived there 4 years) and some of the North which are a bit shit lol

Switzerland was by a large margin the worst place I have been living, in spite of that I lived on the shore of lake Geneva with the Unesco wineyards literally in my back yard.
That was also the place where everybody lived behind walls in fear, snobbery was at full throttle, and egoism on a level I don't recall seing anywhere else.

Scandinavia you just have to tackle the right way (like most other places). Summers are for full speed ahead, getting all the stuff done that needs to be sorted over the year. Winters are for a cosy time with friends and family, getting nothing done, eating and drinking a lot.

The UK seems to me just like you describe it. You can pretty much pick your preferred climate, the rest is average or better. Much like Germany in fact, counting out the food in Germany is more to my liking, and the UK has no wineyards.

Magura Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.073729
Mobile Version of Website