Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
ratcat wrote:
Oh god, I hadn't considered that, does this mean i'm now privileged enough to be considered middle class?? Redface
Definitely a yes.
I'm eating a sandwich from Waitrose and browsing toys for my godson's birthday on the John Lewis website, and I don't have a dryer. That's how middle class you now are lol

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Twice a year my University Cycling Club do a Wales trip. We normally do Saturday and Sunday an uplift both days.

Because we always do them in winter in Wales it's always wet and every year there is a fight to try to dry your clothes and kit for the second day - but imagine 20 people all with clothes, shoes and pads wet staying in the same place. No kit ever gets dry. Even with a dedicated dry room it would be difficult to dry that much kit.

I think the coldest I have ever been in my life is changing into wet kit on an exposed hillside in Bringewood, Shropshire after getting soaked at Revolution bike park the previous day. Those wet knee pads sliding up your legs Cry Slipping your cold feet into some wet 5.10s Cry Those wet gloves Frown

Needless to say as a veteran of the club I now bring lots of spare kit, hand warmers and my own radiator. I'm also thinking about some dedicated shoe driers.

That is my life, I live in that. I'm about 45 minutes away from Bringewood.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
The shoe dryer is one of the best investments! If commuting to work on a cold day, get up early, throw you gear on there, and have nice warm shoes, gloves and/or helmet for the commute (our also has a fitting for drying/warming helmets).

Speaks of commuters, our two commuters are almost topic now that I have fitted mudhugger fenders from and rear on them. Those things are quite the sight.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
Shoe dryers are the best thing ever and they are not really expensive either. I even use it in the warmer months to dry my shoes out from being sweaty and it helps keep the smells at bay.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
ratcat wrote:
Just throw your shoes in an old pillowcase and throw them in your regular dryer, when they're done, leave the door of the dryer open for an hour or so to let the smell of warm shoe dissipate.

As someone who designs shoes for a living. Don’t do that. You’re putting extra wear and heat into the shoe that’s not helping to dry it.

Fastest way to dry shoes without a dedicated shoe dryer. Take out the insole and stuff in good old newspaper. Then replace it after a couple hours, then toss that second set after the next few hours.

And I have multiple piles and racks of shoes all around my place since I have...a lot... being sample size. Razz My apartment is currently a dump due 5 days of different activities back to back, being away all weekend, and after work having plans every day.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
The granma way of drying stuff, when out and about, is to use cotton bags filled with rice, and put a plastic bag around.
It speeds up the process a lot.
All you gotta do to reuse them, is to dry them again back home, and store them in an air tight container.

Most bike shoes doesn't like frequenting the tumble dryer. Rice bags and a heater will work just as well.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
ratcat wrote:
Just throw your shoes in an old pillowcase and throw them in your regular dryer, when they're done, leave the door of the dryer open for an hour or so to let the smell of warm shoe dissipate.

As someone who designs shoes for a living. Don’t do that. You’re putting extra wear and heat into the shoe that’s not helping to dry it.

I can attest to that. We do that with our road shoes, and it sure cuts their lifespan short.
We do it anyway, as we wear them out so fast that they would be goners anyway, but our 5-10's would never get even close to the tumble dryer.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
i just toss my 5.10s with the open side over a heater vent and they're dry in a matter of minutes

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
Hmmm who wouldve thought a radiator would do trick

Haha

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
i used to do that but i burnt one of the shoes so havent tried since haha

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
Trick I learned from Whistler opening weekend deluges is to pack your shoes with newspaper overnight. Works a treat.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
That's good news for my sole.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
What you did there, I see'nt it

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028689
Mobile Version of Website