Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Aghhhhhhh! Superspreader!

Off with her head !!

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
On a side note: feverfree soon I hope Deli

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
The Fiances place of work just shut its doors. I now have a dependent for the first time in my life. Hope they keep me working, or we're f*cked.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Also our wedding in June may very well be cancelled at this rate. This shits cray

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Damn do I want the new Sid!

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
The Fiances place of work just shut its doors. I now have a dependent for the first time in my life. Hope they keep me working, or we're f*cked.

They closed my gym this morning (temporarily).

At this rate we're all gonna be working for Amazon or Charmin in the next few months. Restaurants and small businesses will be the first to go. That effect will spiral up to those providing less essential services (like luxury automobiles and bikes). You know who's doing just fine right now though? Amazon.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
Thought you might find this useful.

OK a bit of a primer on coronavirus COVID-19.

Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses, this means they can survive and remain infective on surfaces for some time, some scientists saying for up to three days. The envelope is made of a lipid (fatty) bilayer which can be disrupted by soap causing the virus to literally fall apart. This is why hand washing, surface washing etc is best done with soap.

So what happens if you touch a contaminated surface and don’t wash your hands? Infective virus particles are transferred to your fingers and if you touch your mouth, nose or eyes the virus will be transferred to the mucous membranes so *DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE*

Now the virus has some protein receptors sticking out of its surface (under electron microscopy this makes the virus look like a crown, corona = crown). These receptors attach the virus to your cell, it then injects its RNA into your cell.

You are now infected but not infectious or symptomatic.

The virus RNA hijacks your DNA and causes it to start making copies of itself, at the end of approx 3 days all these new copies are released to infect new cell and be released into the environment.

You are now infected and infectious but not symptomatic.

in fact during this phase which may last 2 days you are at your most infectious, you are a super shedder leaving active virus everywhere. When you are shedding you can disperse viruses on your breath for approx 1 meter which is why the recommended distance you keep from other people is 2 meters.

Your body’s immune system now mounts a response, trying to clear the virus from your system, this is when you get symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, difficulty breathing etc. These are due to your immune response not the virus. For most people these symptoms are fairly mild.

You are now infected, infectious and symptomatic.

The consensus is that this phase lasts 7 days and although you will test positive as you are still infected you are no longer infectious.

You are still infected but no longer infectious or symptomatic.

Why so many deaths then? In some people the immune system over-reacts causing a cytokine cascade and you develop bilateral, interstitial pneumonia. Bottom line – your lungs fill up with fluid and you drown. This is why the panic about ICU beds and ventilators.

OK to explain the quarantine/self-isolation lengths:

If you have possibly been exposed but are showing no symptoms then 14 days will allow the virus to run through its course and at the end of 14 days you will no longer be infectious.

If you are showing symptoms or you test positive then 7 days will take you to the end of the infective period.

The purpose of this is to protect other people from you not vice versa. If it turns out you don’t have coronovirus then you’ve just had to spend some boring time at home.

So:

Wash your hands with soap and water

Don’t touch your face

Stay 2 meters away from other people

Don’t shake hands, and most, most definitely don’t do Spanish style greeting kisses. Namaste is becoming popular.

CAVEAT: this is very simplified so don’t go getting all pedantic on my ass

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
Additional thing I read:

Many of the young people that have had strong reactions had taken anti inflammatories. Some of these people were healthy and had no other underlying illnesses. Advice is not to take anything like ibuprofen, voltarol, naproxen, etc. as they may make symptoms much worse. Instead take something like paracetemol.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Sits here eating marshmellow rice crispies whilst picking my nose

Ooooops my bad!

Get laid all you can lads whilst you can

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
Broke up with GF, well she did... 7 years went so fast, but still here and finding myself again.

I waiting to be sent WFH probably next week

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Broke up with GF, well she did... 7 years went so fast, but still here and finding myself again.

I waiting to be sent WFH probably next week

Sucks Frown .

New frame time.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
That sucks Chris. Hopefully not over anything too bad.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
Yeah Chris! Things will improve by smoothing out

I had a crazy stressful year last with a literally batshit crazy manic angry bunny boiler

Still think of our stint and any way in which it could have been saved but aborting a pregnancy fir selfish although realistic reasons was and still weighs heavy on my heart & mind

I rebounded to a local bird who was on a swinging site who musta hit every branch of the ugly tree

Please take from this that it's not always good/sensible/fun or the rest to rebound
Take your own good time and take good care of yourself

All best :-)

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
iffy wrote:

Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses, this means they can survive and remain infective on surfaces for some time, some scientists saying for up to three days. The envelope is made of a lipid (fatty) bilayer which can be disrupted by soap causing the virus to literally fall apart. This is why hand washing, surface washing etc is best done with soap.

So what happens if you touch a contaminated surface and don’t wash your hands? Infective virus particles are transferred to your fingers and if you touch your mouth, nose or eyes the virus will be transferred to the mucous membranes so *DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE*

Now the virus has some protein receptors sticking out of its surface (under electron microscopy this makes the virus look like a crown, corona = crown). These receptors attach the virus to your cell, it then injects its RNA into your cell.

The virus RNA hijacks your DNA and causes it to start making copies of itself, at the end of approx 3 days all these new copies are released to infect new cell and be released into the environment.

in fact during this phase which may last 2 days you are at your most infectious, you are a super shedder leaving active virus everywhere. When you are shedding you can disperse viruses on your breath for approx 1 meter which is why the recommended distance you keep from other people is 2 meters.

Your body’s immune system now mounts a response, trying to clear the virus from your system, this is when you get symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, difficulty breathing etc. These are due to your immune response not the virus. For most people these symptoms are fairly mild.

The consensus is that this phase lasts 7 days and although you will test positive as you are still infected you are no longer infectious.

Why so many deaths then? In some people the immune system over-reacts causing a cytokine cascade and you develop bilateral, interstitial pneumonia. Bottom line – your lungs fill up with fluid and you drown. This is why the panic about ICU beds and ventilators.

If you have possibly been exposed but are showing no symptoms then 14 days will allow the virus to run through its course and at the end of 14 days you will no longer be infectious.

If you are showing symptoms or you test positive then 7 days will take you to the end of the infective period.

The purpose of this is to protect other people from you not vice versa. If it turns out you don’t have coronovirus then you’ve just had to spend some boring time at home.

So:

Don’t touch your face

Don’t shake hands, and most, most definitely don’t do Spanish style greeting kisses. Namaste is becoming popular.

BUT DUUUUUUUUDE THE KISSES

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
jespinal wrote:
iffy wrote:

So:

Don’t touch your face

BUT DUUUUUUUUDE THE KISSES

All good. But ask her to wash her hands before the fingering.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.057807
Mobile Version of Website