Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
Happy birthday Dkidd

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
HBD Dkidd, hope you got a sick ride in

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
Have a good one kidd!

On a separate bit I’ve sold my two beloved suburbans since I’m back in school, my neighbor has a 78 Mustang that he said I can keep it I can get it started, as in flush the oil and fuel, rebuild a carborator and find some tires...

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Have a good one kidd!

On a separate bit I’ve sold my two beloved suburbans since I’m back in school, my neighbor has a 78 Mustang that he said I can keep it I can get it started, as in flush the oil and fuel, rebuild a carborator and find some tires...

Dude, you want a carb? I just buttoned up the last of my EFI conversion this morning, so I've got a Quickfuel and a standard Holley (both 650s) kicking around.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
And thanks for the birthday love guys!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
Happy birthday dude!!

This week has been a riot!

Riding with Boostmaster, Ryan Rodriguez from DVO and Chelsea Kimball... the all shred!!

Been riding a Smuggler V1 and f*ck that bike shreds.... cant believe it just have 110mm (but it sucks to pedal with magic mary front a WTB Verdict on the rear....

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
dkidd wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Have a good one kidd!

Dude, you want a carb? I just buttoned up the last of my EFI conversion this morning, so I've got a Quickfuel and a standard Holley (both 650s) kicking around.

I might have to take you up on that soon, I’ll see what I got left

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
A little late but HBD dkidd!

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 1:54 Quote
If I wanted to setup speakers separately in my van, i.e mount them to a box unit or shelving say, with no direct connection to the head unit / radio. What would I need to go alongside something similar to these, just to run an aux to. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/speaker-drivers/1812071/

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
You would need some sort of amplifier and power ran to it. Probably easier to just run some speaker wire from the head unit than go through the trouble of that.

Bluetooth speaker would be a better option than trying to roll your own. Those usually have an aux cord too.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
You would need some sort of amplifier and power ran to it. Probably easier to just run some speaker wire from the head unit than go through the trouble of that.

Bluetooth speaker would be a better option than trying to roll your own. Those usually have an aux cord too.

I have power in the back of the van (Switch panel / leisure battery) as I'm converting it in to a camper.

Think the issue was not necessarily knowing the code for the radio if it locks if I take it out, however, I imagine there are ways around this and can't imagine head units are that expensive, especially something to go into a 56 plate transit.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

I have power in the back of the van (Switch panel / leisure battery) as I'm converting it in to a camper.

Think the issue was not necessarily knowing the code for the radio if it locks if I take it out, however, I imagine there are ways around this and can't imagine head units are that expensive, especially something to go into a 56 plate transit.

Do you have the books for the van? IIRC Ford has the codes for it in that. If not codes can be had for like £7 online. But yes if you wanted to go separate you would need some kind of amp. Amazon do basic little 20w 2 speaker amps for about £20 that go to aux if you want to persue that route.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
ratcat wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Do you have the books for the van? IIRC Ford has the codes for it in that. If not codes can be had for like £7 online. But yes if you wanted to go separate you would need some kind of amp. Amazon do basic little 20w 2 speaker amps for about £20 that go to aux if you want to persue that route.

Nah, don't think so. There is a code written under neath the sun visor haha but not tried it.

Will take a look on Amazon and see what's available. Realistically it won't be a while yet, van is at home and uni is pretty busy atm

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
So I bought a merida one-forty 400

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
thats what happens when you hang around in decathlon too long I'm afraid.

still they have a good returns policy I believe

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029109
Mobile Version of Website