Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
sosburn wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Okay, I'm not very metal but even I know 5 finger isn't metal. Wink
Depends on who you're going to see, if it's Gojira or similar you'll be fine at the back. If it's knocked loose be prepared to die.

Hahaha no survivors in the Knocked Loose crowd.

Dkidd i think you'll be okay at the back at that show. Last year i saw cult leader and i was standing towards the back, got pulled into the pit. Not really my thing but was definitely fun for a few minutes, if it happens to you just go with the flow and don't tense up and you'll be fine

Yeh just go with the flow and you’ll be fine. Oddly enough people always seem to look out for each other at metal gigs, always get pulled up if you fall down in the pit etc

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Any recommendations for a good helmet? My head is quite large

Go to your local shop and try some on, helmet fit is really dependant on your head shape

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
its-chris wrote:
ratcat wrote:
its-chris wrote:
probably cracked

Speaking from experience?

Yes... never trusted that bike after that... now Im killing it on that hooligan of a bike, makes me want to ride!
frame is solid. Best handling and most fun bike I've owned. The infinity link however is dog shit. On my third now. I've owned the bike from new for almost 4 months.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
minty1 wrote:
its-chris wrote:
ratcat wrote:

Speaking from experience?

Yes... never trusted that bike after that... now Im killing it on that hooligan of a bike, makes me want to ride!
frame is solid. Best handling and most fun bike I've owned. The infinity link however is dog shit. On my third now. I've owned the bike from new for almost 4 months.
What about it? Slop, stanchion wear? 3 links in 4 months is pretty abysmal.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 2:12 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
minty1 wrote:
its-chris wrote:

And completely out of the ordinary.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 2:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
minty1 wrote:

Yeah that screams misalignment in the frame if your killing links that much, would look into getting a frame replacement, definitely a defect in the frame.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
ratcat wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

Yeah that screams misalignment in the frame if your killing links that much, would look into getting a frame replacement, definitely a defect in the frame.
Not really. Some are lucky and get a few months out of them others like myself don't. UK conditions are dire this year but still. Stanchion wear but also the bearings are gone. Usually at the same time. Imo these bikes are not happy in crappy conditions

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
minty1 wrote:
ratcat wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Not really. Some are lucky and get a few months out of them others like myself don't. UK conditions are dire this year but still. Stanchion wear but also the bearings are gone. Usually at the same time. Imo these bikes are not happy in crappy conditions

that really sucks! at least the frame is one piece, seems they sorted that out!

wonder for how long they will keep replacing the stanchions, more than 1 per month is scary

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Any recommendations for a good helmet? My head is quite large

If you're going for good protection I think a piss pot style helmet works best - something like a TSG evolution or kraken.

But those things don't really breathe. So for trail riding you probably need to go for a more conventional style helmet. To be honest these are all pretty shit. I have a Troy Lee A1 and it's comfy, light and looks good. Probably doesn't offer a lot of protection but it's probably inline with most other helmets in class. You can find them quite cheap online.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:39 Quote
I would like somethinkg like a full face but without the mouth protection since I like the protection on the back of my head and also I'll use dh goggles miss me with them ugly ass bike glasses

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I would like somethinkg like a full face but without the mouth protection since I like the protection on the back of my head and also I'll use dh goggles miss me with them ugly ass bike glasses

i like the giro stuff, pretty comfortable to my head. the mid level one has more coverage on the back than the most expensive one so id go for that.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:23 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Skootur wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
Made a league

https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fantasy/dh/?joinleagueid=10063

Password: Piggy boi

For some reason I’m getting a ‘wrong password for this league’ page...?
Same

Soz password is: Piggy bois

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:
performance.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Skootur wrote:

For some reason I’m getting a ‘wrong password for this league’ page...?
Same

I done joined.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

Same

I done joined.

Think you won last year?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030598
Mobile Version of Website