Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
So how's everyone passing their time?

Mostly trying to reconfigure the worlds economic systems on the Pig thread.

Managed to ride every day for a week now, which has been good. Definitely feeling the fittest I've been in a while.

Selling a lot of random stuff on Ebay too, seems like a good time for it.

My new prototype frame is done and going to be building it up this weekend. Had a hard time time trying to get hold of suspension because everybody's supply chains have been hit pretty bad - particularly as almost all of it is made in Taiwan and China. In the end I'm going with a DVO Topaz in the back and a Lyrik Select up front. Might replace it with a Diamond D1 in time but we'll see how we go.

Morph Cycles Proto V2 https www.morphcycles.co.uk prototype-v2

Rest of the build is:
Full Shimano XT 12 speed drivetrain
New XT 4 pot brakes
Hunt Endurowide Wheels
Michelin Wild Enduros
Burgtec bar, stem pedals and accessories
OneUp V2 dropper
Fabric saddle and grips

All black everything

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Goddamn Tom!

If I had the spare cash I would bite your hand off for one of them, looks super clean!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
Bikes looking ace mate! It does not belong here

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Today I whittled a spoon

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
tom666 wrote:
dragonaut wrote:

Mostly trying to reconfigure the worlds economic systems on the Pig thread.

Managed to ride every day for a week now, which has been good. Definitely feeling the fittest I've been in a while.

Selling a lot of random stuff on Ebay too, seems like a good time for it.

My new prototype frame is done and going to be building it up this weekend. Had a hard time time trying to get hold of suspension because everybody's supply chains have been hit pretty bad - particularly as almost all of it is made in Taiwan and China. In the end I'm going with a DVO Topaz in the back and a Lyrik Select up front. Might replace it with a Diamond D1 in time but we'll see how we go.

Rest of the build is:
Full Shimano XT 12 speed drivetrain
New XT 4 pot brakes
Hunt Endurowide Wheels
Michelin Wild Enduros
Burgtec bar, stem pedals and accessories
OneUp V2 dropper
Fabric saddle and grips

All black everything

Looks quite Starling esque, especially with the brace. Although the starling has a the small birds CNC'd in so looks prettier Wink Looks good though!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Today I whittled a spoon

Surprisingly good fun

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
dragonaut wrote:

I finally got my car running again. I was sick of messing around with the carburetor so I bought a fuel injection kit (last December)
Reasonably easy install, I just kept running into other small issues, requiring new parts and the subsequent week long wait times. She runs great now though!

First drive on EFI

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
Double post- Tom, that frame is tidy AF. Looks awesome dude.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
F economical suicide

I'm actually feeling suicidal

It aint pretty the thoughts floating round my brain

Been there, tried that, its better just to get meds and therapy Smile Im here if you need to talk

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
chumba17 wrote:
photo

mooo

Jesus christ

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
I'm in the frontline still working. Obsessively sanitizing customer car interiors prior and after working on them. I have taken the insurance off my truck and have been riding to work everyday, also have been getting more time off than normal as there just isn't enough work to do and have been getting some nice big rides in. Need to get way in there to escape the hoards of people who have taken to the trails as of late.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Need to get way in there to escape the hoards of people who have taken to the trails as of late.
This, all of a sudden everyone is an outdoor enthusiast. Frustrating because it’s not possible to maintain social distance on my usual single track that is now packed with people.

I am living with immunosuppressed/compromised parents so I have been very careful about distancing. My sister is a frontline nurse and I’m pretty worried about her.

Tom, frame looks f*cking awesome. Kidd, wagon looks f*cking awesome. Well done gents.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
dkidd wrote:
dragonaut wrote:

I finally got my car running again. I was sick of messing around with the carburetor so I bought a fuel injection kit (last December)
Reasonably easy install, I just kept running into other small issues, requiring new parts and the subsequent week long wait times. She runs great now though!

You're gonna be happy with that change!
That process happened to a lot of people around here as well (humid climate), myself included.
In the beginning I thought "carburator, how cool and back to the roots", and loved to play around with fine tuning it.
After a while it gets tireing, and I got to a point of reliability>back to the roots.
Went to electronic injection and promised myself that if I ever got anything that sports a carburator, it has to be a toy, or be converted to injection....be that cars, tractors, you name it Big Grin

Magura Smile

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Double post- Tom, that frame is tidy AF. Looks awesome dude.

abennett219 wrote:
Bikes looking ace mate! It does not belong here

ratcat wrote:
Goddamn Tom!

If I had the spare cash I would bite your hand off for one of them, looks super clean!

Thanks so much guys Fab

hairy-g wrote:

Looks quite Starling esque, especially with the brace. Although the starling has a the small birds CNC'd in so looks prettier Wink Looks good though!

It is similar to a Starling in lots of ways. It's Reynolds 853. It's single pivot. Similar shape and travel to the murmur. Marino was doing something very similar before Starling though - single pivot steel bikes with a brace between the uprights of the rear triangle. An Orange Stage 6 is essentially a Murmur made out of Aluminium too: just-under-150mm rear travel 29er with almost identical pivot placement and angles.

There's a lot of aesthetic and functional differences between all the bikes if you look closely, none of them are exactly the same. I think a key differentiator with mine is the flipchip design that allows you to run the bike in two different ways - with a 140 travel fork as more of a trail bike or with a 160 fork as more of an AM rig. Nobody else is making that.

Starlings, Marinos, Morphs and Oranges have all ended up similar for good reason though. They're the result of trying to keep it simple - and that particular layout works really well. I didn't want to do a multi linkage suspension design. The 853 is basically the best tubeset available and you can buy it in low quantities.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.067577
Mobile Version of Website