Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Author Message
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
F economical suicide

I'm actually feeling suicidal

It aint pretty the thoughts floating round my brain

Not worth it. Your GT needs to ride when this is over.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:39 Quote
I mean yeah, the math is sound, cull the herd, leave the elderly and the weak to die off - less money going to healthcare and less money paid for pensions and sick leave. Who cares that they raised us, built our schools and roads, hospitals they're now not welcome to, so long as we can still get next day shipping on cat food and beer cozy packages from Amazon.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
Yeah thanks old folks bye now. Terrible.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:45 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I mean yeah, the math is sound, cull the herd, leave the elderly and the weak to die off - less money going to healthcare and less money paid for pensions and sick leave. Who cares that they raised us, built our schools and roads, hospitals they're now not welcome to, so long as we can still get next day shipping on cat food and beer cozy packages from Amazon.


MMMM Beer. That sounds good!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I mean yeah, the math is sound, cull the herd, leave the elderly and the weak to die off - less money going to healthcare and less money paid for pensions and sick leave. Who cares that they raised us, built our schools and roads, hospitals they're now not welcome to, so long as we can still get next day shipping on cat food and beer cozy packages from Amazon.

Not really, in fact quite the opposite.
The elderly are the ones suffering the most, if there's no money for the health care system, due to a economical suicide.

I dare to presume you're old enough, to know where the money spent on pensions, health care, schools, and so forth, comes from?
If the economy goes down the drain, the above mentioned will be first in line to get funding reduced, so however unpleasant it may be, we have to pick the lesser evil here, not what feels good to do short term.

Magura Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
7pirate wrote:
Yeah thanks old folks bye now. Terrible.

You gotta be kidding?


Magura Madder

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
7pirate wrote:
Yeah thanks old folks bye now. Terrible.

You gotta be kidding?


Magura Madder

Yeah its terrible.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
7pirate wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
7pirate wrote:
Yeah thanks old folks bye now. Terrible.

You gotta be kidding?


Magura Madder

Yeah its terrible.

Can't you figure by yourself, that it's not that simple, and pointing fingers at others, while having a very limited insight, is probably not a good idea?
For anyone with half a brain, and a minimum of insight on the situation, is should be painfully obvious that it's not a matter of making a feel-good decision, but rather to figure how we get as much of the world past this, with the minimum of loss in total.
Just like anyone else, I have people close to me that are at maximum risk as is, my father being probably the first in line due to underlying conditions, but it doesn't give carte blanche to put the head up the ass, and focus on what happens to be a small detail, in the grand scheme of things.

Magura!

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
Yeah its awful. As SileTZar said. The herd thing. Did you think I was knocking on old folks?

I know 5 people that have died.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
My job was declared an essential business today and the government has promised subsidies to help keep the businesses and their employees afloat. Which is good news as my fiance has already lost her job, I was preparing for a layoff and before this virus shit hit the fan I spent just about all of our disposal income on a new hightower and a basement renovation..
Its been a stressful week.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
Here in spain most people have been laid out under what's called an ERTE which is a temporary cease of your job while getting funds from the state (70% state 30% employer)
Everyone deemed at risk or unnecessary went through this process.
The rest are working from home, my mom is at risk so we've been working from home for the past 2 weeks

They might put taxes on pause for a while

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:34 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
I mean yeah, the math is sound, cull the herd, leave the elderly and the weak to die off - less money going to healthcare and less money paid for pensions and sick leave. Who cares that they raised us, built our schools and roads, hospitals they're now not welcome to, so long as we can still get next day shipping on cat food and beer cozy packages from Amazon.

Not really, in fact quite the opposite.
The elderly are the ones suffering the most, if there's no money for the health care system, due to a economical suicide.

I dare to presume you're old enough, to know where the money spent on pensions, health care, schools, and so forth, comes from?
If the economy goes down the drain, the above mentioned will be first in line to get funding reduced, so however unpleasant it may be, we have to pick the lesser evil here, not what feels good to do short term.

Magura Smile

nah, we need to realize without a sustainable and relatively safe enviroment there will be no economy at all, of any kind.

Current economy based on exploitation,profiteering and endless growth is an impossible dream and self destructive.

It needs to go down the drain so we can hit the reset button and instal a new OS.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:01 Quote
iffy wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
I mean yeah, the math is sound, cull the herd, leave the elderly and the weak to die off - less money going to healthcare and less money paid for pensions and sick leave. Who cares that they raised us, built our schools and roads, hospitals they're now not welcome to, so long as we can still get next day shipping on cat food and beer cozy packages from Amazon.

Not really, in fact quite the opposite.
The elderly are the ones suffering the most, if there's no money for the health care system, due to a economical suicide.

I dare to presume you're old enough, to know where the money spent on pensions, health care, schools, and so forth, comes from?
If the economy goes down the drain, the above mentioned will be first in line to get funding reduced, so however unpleasant it may be, we have to pick the lesser evil here, not what feels good to do short term.

Magura Smile

nah, we need to realize without a sustainable and relatively safe enviroment there will be no economy at all, of any kind.

Current economy based on exploitation,profiteering and endless growth is an impossible dream and self destructive.

It needs to go down the drain so we can hit the reset button and instal a new OS.

I think the problem is we have no decent alternatives to a capitalism/market based economy.

Like I said I'm more of a left leaning guy. I've read a lot of socialist literature. I don't believe though, and neither do many people, that you can create strong incentives for people to get out of bed every day, to innovate, to start businesses, to incentivise good service and increase the efficiency of production without a profit motive. Markets and competition and the profit motive do an amazing job of incentivising all of the above. Within that market based society you can use regulation/standards, taxation and perhaps even universal basic income to redistribute wealth somewhat and ensure that nobody starves and everybody gets a fair shot. And within that you can also try to create incentives to come up with methods of reducing or cleaning up pollution, for creating carbon neutral products and energy systems etc. We've just shown we can throw huge amounts of money at problems if we want to - the US is trying to create a trillion dollars out of thin air for quantitative easing.

I do think a change is needed, but I don't think it starts by getting rid of market based economies. In fact I think this damage to our economies might actually be setting is back in our fights against pollution and climate change.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
nobody said it was easy.

there is some easy reading for those with a philosopical side in this guys site.

https://larrygmaguire.com/coronavirus/

https://larrygmaguire.com/archive/

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I do think a change is needed, but I don't think it starts by getting rid of market based economies. In fact I think this damage to our economies might actually be setting is back in our fights against pollution and climate change.

Exactly!

Actually it's been proven over and over, that once you hit a certain tax pressure, increasing the tax pressure is provenue negative.
Denmark has some nasty experience in that regard. It turns into an "envy tax", which actually backfires big time.
Denmark is also a good example, of what happens when you take socialism a step too far.
On paper it's great, in reality instead of giving people an incetitive to work for their own sake, it leaves a lot, and we're talking huge numbers pf people, living off the welfare system.
The grand issue in that is in my opinion not so much the immideate expense, but the fact that people once they end up in the system, which I may add is there to help people get back on their feet, they never get out of that again.
The stats are pretty depressing in fact. Hardly anyone are getting back on their feet, if they've been in the syste, for a year, in spite of being healthy as can be at the starting point.

Magura Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034150
Mobile Version of Website