Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
So bike shop said my Marley is going to be expensive to fix. Looks like he just got himself a piece of shit bike for parts.
Learn to fix yourself. What's wing with it?
Thru axle on the fork is stripped, and can’t get it off. Keeps ‘jumping’ near the end of threading it out.
I mean, you could saws all it off, but that doesn’t really fix the issue.
Besides, f*ck that bike. Haven’t ridden it in over a year and a half, and has been a major pain in my ass for the last 4 years. If I can unload it to a bike shop that can strip it for parts, why not? If I ever get back into biking, I’ll buy a decent bike from the get go, and not build a haphazard POS.
Or finish building up my Niner frame I’ve had laying around for 4.5 years.
You could likely order a new axle and have it sorted yourself in an afternoon. Sell the bike and be up some cash rather then down.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Learn to fix yourself. What's wing with it?
Thru axle on the fork is stripped, and can’t get it off. Keeps ‘jumping’ near the end of threading it out.
Besides, f*ck that bike. Haven’t ridden it in over a year and a half, and has been a major pain in my ass for the last 4 years. If I can unload it to a bike shop that can strip it for parts, why not? If I ever get back into biking, I’ll buy a decent bike from the get go, and not build a haphazard POS.
You could likely order a new axle and have it sorted yourself in an afternoon. Sell the bike and be up some cash rather then down.
I’m going to listen to the mechanic who has my bike and says it’s a big, timely issue, and let him keep the bike and call it even.
It’s like when you do a project on your car. It always takes 3x longer than you think it will, and costs 50% more.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

I’m going to listen to the mechanic who has my bike and says it’s a big, timely issue, and let him keep the bike and call it even.
It’s like when you do a project on your car. It always takes 3x longer than you think it will, and costs 50% more.
I'm telling you as somebody with nearly a decade of shop time. You're being flossed.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

I'm telling you as somebody with nearly a decade of shop time. You're being flossed.
So how’d you fix the issue?

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

It depends on the fork/axle system. You'll likely need t drill out the axle from the exposed side until it's no longer attached at the threaded end, pull the majority of it out remove the wheel and then remove the thread end chunk. You have about an hour or two with of work ahead of your self.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

It depends on the fork/axle system. You'll likely need t drill out the axle from the exposed side until it's no longer attached at the threaded end, pull the majority of it out remove the wheel and then remove the thread end chunk. You have about an hour or two with of work ahead of your self.
Then the cost of a new axle, plus dicking around with the lower to try and get the threads fixed up, which will probability result in messed up lowers of a $700 set of forks, of which are no longer in production.

I’m not saying it’s not doable, easy, and fairly cheap. To me, it’s not worth one red dime, and one iota of my time for a bike that I don’t ride and don’t really want to ride. I’ve got too much going on with school and work to waste time on something that’s not even on my list of wants and/or needs. I just wanted to see if it was a cheap fix. If it was, awesome. I’d have a working MTB again. Now I’m in the same boat as I was before. I don’t have an MTB, and I don’t want an MTB. Let someone else make some money off some junk I don’t want.

Plus, I don’t want to go through the hassle of trying to sell it. It’s not worth enough money to put all this time and effort into trying to get it ‘sell ready’, to only have it sit around and have no one buying it until I list it at like $300, which probably only like $200 more or so than the shop will charge me for the work already done.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
Let's just pray at school they teach you a little volition to undertake tasks

For pity's sake!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
This is why I don’t work at a bike shop, it doesn’t take a genius to turn around the forks on a bike. And if your not smart enough to realize what’s wrong maybe they should just walk.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
It didn't come out of a bike shop like that.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
Looks like a typical case of Walmart bike DIY assembly.

Magura Big Grin

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Well at least you have something in common with marxthekittah

Incompetence at basic and diy

;-d

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
Views: 62    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Hey Piggos. I started building my new frame up this weekend and I made a short little teaser video out of some of the footage I have so far. Thought you guys might like to see.

I'll post the full video once it's done Salute

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
stangely arousing....

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Perfectly normal around these parts

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 10:21 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Hey Piggos. I started building my new frame up this weekend and I made a short little teaser video out of some of the footage I have so far. Thought you guys might like to see.

I'll post the full video once it's done Salute

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032387
Mobile Version of Website