Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
I have 900km since September on my Pole and I have not changed the pads once. Slthough I replaced brakes after like 100km or so.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
accumulated decent? distance is meaningless

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I've put almost 2800 kms on my Megatower and a huge amount of elevation and have maybe done 4 sets of pads...possibly 5 (can't remember exactly).

How are you guys braking!?

Well can only get organic ones here (they suck)

And there at provi is the only place I have smelt the brakes and suffer from brake fade, you have to brake really hard there

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
Dkidd, still loving my Norco, I have not been active at all or really riding but I try to get out around town once or twice a week. Don’t want to get hurt on the trails...

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18777320/

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I've put almost 2800 kms on my Megatower and a huge amount of elevation and have maybe done 4 sets of pads...possibly 5 (can't remember exactly).

How are you guys braking!?

I am running codes 200/180 rotors and Sintered pads and did about 1400km and 63,000m vert last year. Changed my pads mid season last year then again just recently.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
I am on 200mm f/r codes with sintered metallics. Sounds like you are getting pretty good mileage out of them.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:59 Quote
Now I'm second guessing how many sets of pads I've been through.. Maybe less than 4... Either way going through a set in a few hundred kms seems crazy

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
Bought a thing.

I bought a thing. It is a very fun thing. I can put bikes on it and friends in it and drive out to the woods.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
Nice! Good choice man

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Nice! Good choice man
Cheers dude!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Now I'm second guessing how many sets of pads I've been through.. Maybe less than 4... Either way going through a set in a few hundred kms seems crazy

To be honest, I was actually thinking the same.
Could it be because they were not bedded in proper?
I once made a rotor of titanium that ate pads like crazy. In hindsight it was probably due to a similar issue, as others have successfully made Ti rotors.

What sort of bed in procedure did you use Jesp?

Magura Smile

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
Damn. Comparing 951 Evo geometry to some of the top DH frames of today and it's amazing how close some of these numbers are to modern frames. Interesting to see that mostly reach and stack increasing is one of the only things that isn't the same/ changed a bunch.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:44 Quote
iffy wrote:

You know it's flat af here...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

To be honest, I was actually thinking the same.
Could it be because they were not bedded in proper?
I once made a rotor of titanium that ate pads like crazy. In hindsight it was probably due to a similar issue, as others have successfully made Ti rotors.

What sort of bed in procedure did you use Jesp?

Magura Smile
I...didnt?

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 0:42 Quote
Wale wrote:
iffy wrote:

You know it's flat af here...

you have stairs and no excuses! Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030598
Mobile Version of Website