Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Author Message
Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
iffy wrote:
jespinal wrote:
So I did a bit of dh trail, like proper dh, that I hadnt done in years I did it rather slow because
1 I dont trust my skills that much
2 i was 15 when I last did it

I open strava and one dude did it in 2 minutes at a max speed of 44kmh

what the f*ck

Now I really want to do it again but the climb aint happening until next week

The thing is, and I am seeking for advice here after the long climb (for me anyway) and descent my legs are fine after a few minutes of rest it's not that I'm running out of fuel it's just that my rpm's are topping out. A good way to gain endurance would be to go on lobger flatter rides?


¡menos comer y mas correr!

but seriously yeah it takes time to build endurance.

long and flat is boring but will work, you just got to keep the pace up for the duration.

better IMO just go explore the fireroads etc in the mountains for 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week.

If you can get a weekend ride with the local BTT club it will up your game in every way quickly too Wink
that's what I've been doing and honestly I am miles better than what I was but still got loads to go

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
jespinal wrote:
iffy wrote:
jespinal wrote:
So I did a bit of dh trail, like proper dh, that I hadnt done in years I did it rather slow because
1 I dont trust my skills that much
2 i was 15 when I last did it

I open strava and one dude did it in 2 minutes at a max speed of 44kmh

what the f*ck

Now I really want to do it again but the climb aint happening until next week

The thing is, and I am seeking for advice here after the long climb (for me anyway) and descent my legs are fine after a few minutes of rest it's not that I'm running out of fuel it's just that my rpm's are topping out. A good way to gain endurance would be to go on lobger flatter rides?


¡menos comer y mas correr!

but seriously yeah it takes time to build endurance.

long and flat is boring but will work, you just got to keep the pace up for the duration.

better IMO just go explore the fireroads etc in the mountains for 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week.

If you can get a weekend ride with the local BTT club it will up your game in every way quickly too Wink
that's what I've been doing and honestly I am miles better than what I was but still got loads to go

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
That's what I said! Just cooler...

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
True you just go farther faster but if you go back and do that same hill at the slower pace you used to go it soo much easier on your body

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
Slower pace!? Crazy talk! Why did I try so hard last time if not to improve!?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
iffy wrote:
¡menos comer y mas correr!

lol words I need to live by. Did run a mile this morning at least.
ha! mas zapato y menos plato Wink

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Slower pace!? Crazy talk! Why did I try so hard last time if not to improve!?


I didn’t say that’s what I do I just said if you happen too. It’s like when I ride with my wife and the climbing pace is slower I feel like I could go all day.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
iffy wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
iffy wrote:
¡menos comer y mas correr!

lol words I need to live by. Did run a mile this morning at least.
ha! mas zapato y menos plato Wink

More shoe less plate? Tengo mucho zapatos y solo quatro platos, pero los video juegos...

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
StUone7 wrote:


Yea but only one of them sold out to Anheuser Busch...

Hey man when you work hard to create a business and elevate it to such a level that someone could buy you out giving you have financial wealth and security, AND you turn it down, let us know.

I’ll report back if that happens. Dream is to open my own brewery one day, and even more of a stretch is to open a distillery with it as well, like Seven Stills in SF. But for now will stick to my kits and brew in a bag.

There’s breweies that have done it well, Stone, Ninkasi, Rogue, Sierra Nevada, and probably others. There are breweries that didn’t, Lagunitas and Ballast Point are the main ones I can point to but I’m sure others could add more. Firestone being bought by Duvel and 10 Barrel could be somewhere in the middle there, I haven’t followed 10 Barrel for very long or care for their beer, but it seems their maintaining some level of craft at least. Ballast Point is the biggest shame though, Celestial Group gutted them.

Have you ever been to or talked with the people who work and started Lagunitas? Not sure where you are getting your info from but the founder literally worked his way up from doing gallon batch homebrew stuff in his house and is an amazing dude. There are so many amazing stories of that brewery and the people who work there (look up the time they got falsely accused and raided by the DEA). They never spent any $ on advertising until Heineken bought them and spent Heineken money on ads. They literally took that amount of what would have been their advertising budget and donated it to local charities and non profits through product, space + free food and drink usage at the brewery, .

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 16:33 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
iffy wrote:
StUone7 wrote:


lol words I need to live by. Did run a mile this morning at least.
ha! mas zapato y menos plato Wink

More shoe less plate? Tengo mucho zapatos y solo quatro platos, pero los video juegos...

lol yeah it kinda dies in translation! games....easy to loose a week or two!

stumbled across WW for sims with Basemental, shocking what they will get upto.. ended up a house full of MDMA crazed vampire ho's with a full on grow n sell sideline going on.

ha just like real life.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 17:50 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:


Hey man when you work hard to create a business and elevate it to such a level that someone could buy you out giving you have financial wealth and security, AND you turn it down, let us know.

I’ll report back if that happens. Dream is to open my own brewery one day, and even more of a stretch is to open a distillery with it as well, like Seven Stills in SF. But for now will stick to my kits and brew in a bag.

There’s breweies that have done it well, Stone, Ninkasi, Rogue, Sierra Nevada, and probably others. There are breweries that didn’t, Lagunitas and Ballast Point are the main ones I can point to but I’m sure others could add more. Firestone being bought by Duvel and 10 Barrel could be somewhere in the middle there, I haven’t followed 10 Barrel for very long or care for their beer, but it seems their maintaining some level of craft at least. Ballast Point is the biggest shame though, Celestial Group gutted them.

Have you ever been to or talked with the people who work and started Lagunitas? Not sure where you are getting your info from but the founder literally worked his way up from doing gallon batch homebrew stuff in his house and is an amazing dude. There are so many amazing stories of that brewery and the people who work there (look up the time they got falsely accused and raided by the DEA). They never spent any $ on advertising until Heineken bought them and spent Heineken money on ads. They literally took that amount of what would have been their advertising budget and donated it to local charities and non profits through product, space + free food and drink usage at the brewery, .

That’s great, I just don’t think their beer tastes as good as it used to, more focus on just putting out their run of the mill stuff (quantity over quality), and not much focus on creativity and craft. I know the dudes there are awesome and their brewery to visit is a lot of fun. I dunno why you’re getting defensive about it, just my opinion on their beer and supporting the smaller guys.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
iffy wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
iffy wrote:

ha! mas zapato y menos plato Wink

More shoe less plate? Tengo mucho zapatos y solo quatro platos, pero los video juegos...

lol yeah it kinda dies in translation! games....easy to loose a week or two!

stumbled across WW for sims with Basemental, shocking what they will get upto.. ended up a house full of MDMA crazed vampire ho's with a full on grow n sell sideline going on.

ha just like real life.

I get sucked in with levels and shit and I hate stopping a game before finishing it, probably similar to how some people can’t put down a good book.

Haha f*ckin Sims.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
Drink less beer, drink moar whisky!

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
Yay! First enduro race of the season tomorrow and practice today

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 3:40 Quote
God damn you c*nts were right I went on a ride with my friends and made it further in one sitting than ever before

Granted I snapped the bolt that holds the ferailleur on the way down

I just had to find my pace and dig deeper


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035646
Mobile Version of Website