Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
Wale wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility when it comes to credit cards and other credits.

I have three different ones and I'm a full time student. However I only use credit cards when I get something out of it, not because I don't have the money to purchase something. I basically pay everything with my Norwegian credit card because you get 1% of "Cashpoints" for everything you buy (up to 10 000 €/year) and you can use those for Norwegian flights. And then there is also travel insurance on two of my cards and other types of insurances too and it's easier to get my money back if something goes sideways when ordering stuff online.

tom666 wrote:
2.5% interest on my balance (like 2.5x what they offer anybody else)

2.5%?? That is huge! What are the interests like on housing and student loans and credit cards?

The banks here offer 0.1% interest rates for accounts and then there are Svea and Norwgegian with 0.8 and 0.75% interest but they only offer savings accounts.

It's fine for them to offer high interest rates on student accounts because for the most part they have negative balances haha.

I get a whopping 0.25% on my savings account Blank Stare

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I just spent the last I don't know..2 hours setting some new Assagais on the Hightower... Holy f*ck usually I have a little bit of struggle with the floor pump, but this was a next level challenge.

Ended up resorting to CO2..got one seated with a 20g.. then tried a 16g on the other..didn't work..then a 25g...still didn't work, didn't have anymore CO2s.

Next effort was to manually seating half of each side bead by carefully massaging it over with levers and givin her hell with the floor pump like a mad man for probably another 15 minutes until it popped into place.

Holy hell I am exhausted. Was such a victory Maddy popped a bottle of one of the many champagnes we were gifted for our wedding across the front yard lol

Dude, well done. I've fought that fight many times and rarely (maybe never?) have I succeeded. Kudos for sticking with it!

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
I've got a whopping 0,01% interest on savings accounts here tup

And no that's not a typo.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
Wale wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility when it comes to credit cards and other credits.

I have three different ones and I'm a full time student. However I only use credit cards when I get something out of it, not because I don't have the money to purchase something. I basically pay everything with my Norwegian credit card because you get 1% of "Cashpoints" for everything you buy (up to 10 000 €/year) and you can use those for Norwegian flights. And then there is also travel insurance on two of my cards and other types of insurances too and it's easier to get my money back if something goes sideways when ordering stuff online.

tom666 wrote:

2.5%?? That is huge! What are the interests like on housing and student loans and credit cards?

The banks here offer 0.1% interest rates for accounts and then there are Svea and Norwgegian with 0.8 and 0.75% interest but they only offer savings accounts.

It's fine for them to offer high interest rates on student accounts because for the most part they have negative balances haha.

I get a whopping 0.25% on my savings account Blank Stare

Well that might be true. Banks here don't really offer a service like that.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
I've got a whopping 0,01% interest on savings accounts here tup

And no that's not a typo.

Just checked and one of my banks offers 0.05% and the other 0.1% for savings accounts. Some banks offer 0.01% for savings accounts and 0% for checking accounts.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Wale wrote:

tom666 wrote:

abennet is right. Students never have any money that stays in their account. Everybody broke as shit. Money comes in and goes out again right away lol

Lets also remember 2.5% is less than inflation - so you're still losing money actually.

If you want to earn meaningful interest you need to be investing in businesses really. Stock ISA or actually invest in stocks. Good friend of mine has spread a few grand of his own money across a number of likely sectors - renewables, tech companies and few others and is making 10-15% interest, even through corona virus.

Across a 22 year period my parents averaged 11% interest by investing in stocks - that includes 2008 crisis. They spread there's across German Automotive, British Aerospace and Japanese tech I believe.

My other bank account has 0.05% interest I think and my business account gets 0% Blank Stare

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
Then you pay 25% tax on your huge income from interest on your savings
Then you pay 20% VAT when you spend it on anything

I can't wait for the next budget its gonna be great

Is it true the UK just gave a 200m contract to a Jap company to support traders importing/exporting over the Irish sea?
Or that Orange Asswipe Mans buddy at Palantir is going to be "helping manage data" at UK borders ( and everywhere else your data might be)

yea for taking back control!!

oh and https://www.triodos.co.uk/

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Wale wrote:

tom666 wrote:

abennet is right. Students never have any money that stays in their account. Everybody broke as shit. Money comes in and goes out again right away lol

Lets also remember 2.5% is less than inflation - so you're still losing money actually.

If you want to earn meaningful interest you need to be investing in businesses really. Stock ISA or actually invest in stocks. Good friend of mine has spread a few grand of his own money across a number of likely sectors - renewables, tech companies and few others and is making 10-15% interest, even through corona virus.

Across a 22 year period my parents averaged 11% interest by investing in stocks - that includes 2008 crisis. They spread there's across German Automotive, British Aerospace and Japanese tech I believe.

My other bank account has 0.05% interest I think and my business account gets 0% Blank Stare

2.5% is less than inflation? For example Dec 19 Eurozone inflation was 1.3% and UK about the same. So no, ypu would not be losing any money. However, if inflation was 2.5% or more you would be better off having your money in an account that pays 2.5% interest than an accoun that pays 0.01%.

Needless to say, bank accounts are useless for long term saving. Long term average interest paid on stocks is 7-8% including dividents and that is inflation fixed. That's where my long term savings go.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
invested in alternative recreation, huge dividends...

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
Wale wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Wale wrote:

2.5% is less than inflation? For example Dec 19 Eurozone inflation was 1.3% and UK about the same. So no, ypu would not be losing any money. However, if inflation was 2.5% or more you would be better off having your money in an account that pays 2.5% interest than an accoun that pays 0.01%.

Needless to say, bank accounts are useless for long term saving. Long term average interest paid on stocks is 7-8% including dividents and that is inflation fixed. That's where my long term savings go.

2019 was low

In the UK the treasury normally aim to keep it to 2% and they rarely manage it.

2.68% in 2017 and 2.48% in 2018. This year it will probably be like 4 or 5% because we printed money.

You're right that it's better than nothing, but in a student account it's no meaningful amount of money anyway.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
iffy wrote:
Then you pay 25% tax on your huge income from interest on your savings
Then you pay 20% VAT when you spend it on anything

I can't wait for the next budget its gonna be great

Is it true the UK just gave a 200m contract to a Jap company to support traders importing/exporting over the Irish sea?
Or that Orange Asswipe Mans buddy at Palantir is going to be "helping manage data" at UK borders ( and everywhere else your data might be)

yea for taking back control!!

oh and https://www.triodos.co.uk/

Since Brexit I engage in politics much less, it's too depressing. I focus on what I can control and don't worry about that kind of thing lol

I think the opposition leader is quite a lot better than Borris, but we'll see

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Derek you have a problem.

..a problem in which I am jealous of.

Old and New

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Since Brexit I engage in politics much less, it's too depressing. I focus on what I can control and don't worry about that kind of thing lol

Thing is, politics is engaging with you whether you worry about it or not Wink

hope thats not to depressing.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:04 Quote
iffy wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Thing is, politics is engaging with you whether you worry about it or not Wink

hope thats not to depressing.

I think the key is to focus on what you can control. If you can take a positive action like sign a petition, attend a protest, write to your local MP about an issue that matters to you etc that is cool and good. I was a vocal remainer in the build up to the Brexit vote but that didn't go very well lol

Since Brexit I feel the whole thing is a shitshow and painful to engage with.

Once you count out the people who are stupid and next count the people who are self-interested there are not many people you haven't counted lol

Derek - beautiful bikes

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
dkidd wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Derek you have a problem.

..a problem in which I am jealous of.

Old and New

NorCalNomad wrote:
why would you get the same bike just in different colors?

lol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040044
Mobile Version of Website