Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 9:19 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
What's a cheapish, but good, fork I could slap on my Niner Air 9? Want to buy something that'll be good, but not cost me more than a metric shit tonne. I was thinking the Marz Bomber Z2?

Don't you mean imperial?
Neit, mon frere.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
What's a cheapish, but good, fork I could slap on my Niner Air 9? Want to buy something that'll be good, but not cost me more than a one metric shit tonne. I was thinking the Marz Bomber Z2?

Used Pike?

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
What's a cheapish, but good, fork I could slap on my Niner Air 9? Want to buy something that'll be good, but not cost me more than a one metric shit tonne. I was thinking the Marz Bomber Z2?

Used Pike?

That's what I'm thinking of throwing on my sons bike. Pretty easy to find in the buy sell for cheap.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Used Pike?
New yari? Warranty with the option of updating the damper to make a lyrik?

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
I think the Pike/Yari would be too much travel for the bike. Pretty sure I can only do 130mm at the top end.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
RS Revelation or Reba?

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Used Pike?
New yari? Warranty with the option of updating the damper to make a lyrik?

also havent experienced it myself but a lot of the older pikes that youd likely find for ~500+/- bucks used could have that dreaded CSU creak. and with no warranty, that would be annoying af.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
I'm thinking of 1.8t swapping my golf, I must invest in a tool kit and jackstands first

And then tear appart the living shit out of my golf

And then regret all my life choices

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
So I got an OM603 turbo and 5 speed manual out of a G... Let's start the swap

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I'm thinking of 1.8t swapping my golf, I must invest in a tool kit and jackstands first

Car projects make you regret all your decisions, make you regret trowing all that money into it.... But when you turn the key and head out for a drive it all makes sense and become the best moment ever..... Except when it does not start and you want to burn that POS

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
jespinal wrote:

What year is your Golf? And what year engine?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
jespinal wrote:

He's got a mk2 with a 1.8l 8v. I miss driving my mk2

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
jespinal wrote:

He's got a mk2 with a 1.8l 8v. I miss driving my mk2
yup

200k oj my engine I'll try to find a low mileage 1.8t with throttle by cable 150 or 180hp

I think that 120 to the wheels on a sub 1000kg shitbox, bilstein eibach b12 for suspension and sticky tires should make for a fun canyon runner

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
Jesp, from somebody whos done a 1.8T swap... Don't get a 16V with a cam & carbs you'll have way more fun and less issues

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029290
Mobile Version of Website