Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
What about vr6 or something like that (uneducated on spain rules for swaps and all that)

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
its-chris wrote:
What about vr6 or something like that (uneducated on spain rules for swaps and all that)
Ruins Mk2 handling, hanging an extra 250-300 lbs further over the front wheels is not a great time.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Jesp, from somebody whos done a 1.8T swap... Don't get a 16V with a cam & carbs you'll have way more fun and less issues
here legally doing is a bit more of an issue as I wouldnt be able to comply with the emission laws.

For me the easiest and cheapest way, paperwork speaking, is to swap in a 1.8t

I coukd work over my block but it's a bit tired

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
jespinal wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Jesp, from somebody whos done a 1.8T swap... Don't get a 16V with a cam & carbs you'll have way more fun and less issues
here legally doing is a bit more of an issue as I wouldnt be able to comply with the emission laws.

For me the easiest and cheapest way, paperwork speaking, is to swap in a 1.8t

I coukd work over my block but it's a bit tired
What's preventing you from doing a 16V?

If you do a 1.8t The easiest to fit is the AEB as it has an external water pump and most of the hoses ETC line up, the emissions don't really fit or work well but you can do it.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
One finding a decent block that doesn't have a bazillion kilometers in it

And 2 emissions, it would be in a more contaminating bracket for the same period of time.

However if I swap a newer engine from the same brand and within 20% of the oem powerband I don't need any paper work

I've read that I can slap a 2.0 block in my golf and I know kf a webpage that sells brand new blocks

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
jespinal wrote:
One finding a decent block that doesn't have a bazillion kilometers in it

And 2 emissions, it would be in a more contaminating bracket for the same period of time.

However if I swap a newer engine from the same brand and within 20% of the oem powerband I don't need any paper work

I've read that I can slap a 2.0 block in my golf and I know kf a webpage that sells brand new blocks
The 16V head is also a direct bolt on to that 2.0L head...

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
I'll read into it, I don't fancy any paperwork

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
The ABA swap out of the MK3 is almost a plug and play swap, Does it have to go through a physical inspection?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 22:08 Quote
Just an eye inspection, how much hp is the ABA engine rated at?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 22:59 Quote
90-115. One time inspection or annual?

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
Anual inspection, once the engine is in I can do mods but it has to go on paper.

That's why I originally thought 1.8t, if I can get a low mileage engine I can do basic mods and a remap they will legally require me to do a brake and hub upgrade which would be needed anyways.

But if I can snag a well kept ABA 2L I may give it a shot, ideally under 100k km

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 2:01 Quote
Ajax has a point.
The 1.8T is not half the fun of a naturally aspirated, especially on narrow countryside roads.
Turbo engines, even the modern ones, are no match for a proper naturally aspirated engine, unless you're after top speed on the autobahn.

Magura Smile

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Rate my homemade pulled pork sandwiches

This one is with the light version of coleslaw - no mayo or sour cream

This one is with all the fixings - cheese, lettuce, pulled pork, tomato, coleslaw and tabasco. I had 3 and a half of these and nearly went into a food coma

Where my man WTH at, is it morning already in Best Dakota

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:42 Quote
Killing the food game as always brother

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
You need to up your bun game. Get them toasted up with the cheese melting.

Would still smash though

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.030300
Mobile Version of Website