Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
yea, the bike industry is shut down right now, i ordered a trek slash 7 a few months ago and it is going to come in may, it relly sucks

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
seraph wrote:
What's funny is that nowadays when a customer comes in and says they want to build a custom road or mountain bike, my response is "what kind of SRAM do you want on there?" lol

For clarification, it's not because we are SRAM fanboys, it's because we can't get any Shimano drivetrain parts until like June right now.

Don't say that.

Ordered XTR stuff in October and kicking myself for not buying whatever 12 sp Shimano stuff I could get my hands on at the time.......

Add in Race Face cranks to that as well.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
I gave up on getting slx cranks. Shoulda paid more for the xt that were in stock. Got a set of canfield cranks instead. Of course the shimano chainring that I cant use shipped. Now to decide to bother going through the hassle of returning it, try to sell it cheap local or throw it in the spares box and maybe use it one day.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
Local shop I was talking to said they considered ordering frames and build kits from a manufacturer just to get some shimano stock. Build up the bikes with sram....

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
seraph wrote:
What's funny is that nowadays when a customer comes in and says they want to build a custom road or mountain bike, my response is "what kind of SRAM do you want on there?" lol

For clarification, it's not because we are SRAM fanboys, it's because we can't get any Shimano drivetrain parts until like June right now.

Don't say that.

Ordered XTR stuff in October and kicking myself for not buying whatever 12 sp Shimano stuff I could get my hands on at the time.......

Don't say that? What else am I supposed to say? "We can get you a frame but your Shimano stuff will be here in July. But if you went with SRAM you would have it next week."

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
seraph wrote:

Don't say that.

Don't say that? What else am I supposed to say? "We can get you a frame but your Shimano stuff will be here in July. But if you went with SRAM you would have it next week."

You’re 100% accurate. Haven’t been on Shimano since 2006 and thought I’d give them a shot. Should have gone AXS and been done with it.

Just worried that even the initial order from shops last Fall won’t be here in time for those first nice days of spring.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:17 Quote
yea, the whole industry is shut down right now

at my bike shop we cant get anything in, all that we can do is service

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
tylerclark wrote:
yea, the whole industry is shut down right now

at my bike shop we cant get anything in, all that we can do is service

No the industry is up and running right now. It's because it was shut down about a year ago.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
well where we are we were just able to get tubes in like 2 months ago

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:
tylerclark wrote:
Definitely a dentist bike...

although what makes you think it has to be a sb130 with all the bells and whistles

That's where I first started seeing the PB comment section talk about dentist bikes. The SB130 Turq edition is one of the priciest carbon full suspension frames available from a major manufacturer. Or at least it was at the time. I don't know of anyone besides the independently rich who can afford a $3600 frame. Not to mention a $999 rim (just one rim!).

to be fair, plenty of other companies are getting closer and closer to that $3600 frame price...
but $4000 for an sb165 is insane

It's actually not that out of the ordinary, that a top frame is $4,000.
Back in the early nineties, a Klein Attitude with their proprietary fork, and a nice paint job, was some $2,500.
In 2021 money, that just under $5,000.

I used the Attitude as an example, cause I can't remember how much their top of the line Adriot frameset was, but it was considerably higher priced.

Magura Smile

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:

That's where I first started seeing the PB comment section talk about dentist bikes. The SB130 Turq edition is one of the priciest carbon full suspension frames available from a major manufacturer. Or at least it was at the time. I don't know of anyone besides the independently rich who can afford a $3600 frame. Not to mention a $999 rim (just one rim!).

to be fair, plenty of other companies are getting closer and closer to that $3600 frame price...
but $4000 for an sb165 is insane

It's actually not that out of the ordinary, that a top frame is $4,000.
Back in the early nineties, a Klein Attitude with their proprietary fork, and a nice paint job, was some $2,500.
In 2021 money, that just under $5,000.

I used the Attitude as an example, cause I can't remember how much their top of the line Adriot frameset was, but it was considerably higher priced.

Magura Smile

"Top frame" of course being subjective. I think part of it is Yeti sort of implying that their frames are the best because they're so expensive, initially appealing to only people with gobs of money and a desire to have "the best".

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Shimano dropped Yumeya on us over a decade ago. There's always been a place in the market for top tier high end bikes, they're now just being sold stock not as a custom build.

Manitou X-Vert wasn't cheap at the time. Fox 40 was more money a decade ago. Shimano Airlines weren't a cheap upgrade. The only difference in the market is you can now buy a prebuilt hyperbike.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Dont know, but I tried some of the previous gen yetis and they were meh at best... fit was weird, m too short and L too tall

and ride was meh

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
Dentist's don't know any better Wink

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 19:22 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
How much do houses cost out in NZ? I know our house prices are certainly bonkers, at least where I am an hour outside of London

House prices here are getting out of control. Smaller towns aren’t too bad I guess but the bigger cities & ‘desirable’ locations have reached ridiculous levels IMO. Most people who aren’t already on the property ladder as it were realistically don’t have much chance of ever buying their first home. Hell, we just got a new council valuation for our property (house & 1200sqm of land) and in the last 12months it’s value has jumped up by $100k! And we are in a semi rural township of only about 5000-ish people (about 1hr from a major city).
Pretty much any home that isn’t needing much work done would start around the $400-500k mark (& probably nearer a $700k-$1m start point in most bigger cities etc). You might be able to find a ’fixer upper’ for $200-300k and if you’re lucky a place that needs some real work for sub $200k.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027572
Mobile Version of Website