Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
What's your gravel set up my guy? I am happy with my Marin Nicasio + but fire roads shake my wrists loose

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
I run 38c Tervail Cannonball tires at about 40 psi and it seems to work well. 42s are better though, I just don't have the clearance on my current bike.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
Wale wrote:
Out of 20 something. It was in the Northern Finland so not that many bothered to drove all the way up there. I'd say normally there are like 70-100 participants on the 100+km loops.

Lol most people don't even go to non pro races near a city.

Looks like an amazing race though!

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
seraph wrote:
I run 38c Tervail Cannonball tires at about 40 psi and it seems to work well. 42s are better though, I just don't have the clearance on my current bike.
I've got 47C WTB Horizon tires I think my pressure may be too high because I do have a cromo frame as well, shit shouldn't rattle so much

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
jespinal wrote:
seraph wrote:
I've got 47C WTB Horizon tires I think my pressure may be too high because I do have a cromo frame as well, shit shouldn't rattle so much

What kind of pressures are you running? With my 42c Teravails I ran about 35-40 psi and it was great. Also I had fairly wide carbon rims.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 2:49 Quote
I'm currently running Pirelli Cinturato Gravel Hs in 45 with about 30psi. Definitely the best tire option for last weekend and I really like these better than 40s.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
Wale wrote:
What's this Pinkbike Vital talk all about?

On another note, did a 135km gravel race yesterday. Finished second. The course was so tough. Biggest climbs I've ever climbed.

looks like a helluva sweet course wale...! congrats on P2... Salute

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
seraph wrote:
jespinal wrote:
seraph wrote:

What kind of pressures are you running? With my 42c Teravails I ran about 35-40 psi and it was great. Also I had fairly wide carbon rims.
3-3.5 bar?

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
That sounds quite high. Maybe try like 2.5 bar and see if it helps.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 23:46 Quote
I'll give it a shot, thanks

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
Any of you guys run oval chainrings? My mechanic put one on my bike because it was all he had on hand and the old chainring was totally spent. I also had a new cassette, chain and bearings installed so it was probably a combination of factors, but the bike was flying uphill. I thought of oval rings as a placebo but now I'm having second thoughts?

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
I've been on the oval train for a few years now, my iffy knee really appreciates it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
I've briefly ridden one and it felt extremely odd. Almost like it was clocked incorrectly but I think I followed the instructions correctly. Didn't go for a proper ride on it though.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Any of you guys run oval chainrings? My mechanic put one on my bike because it was all he had on hand and the old chainring was totally spent. I also had a new cassette, chain and bearings installed so it was probably a combination of factors, but the bike was flying uphill. I thought of oval rings as a placebo but now I'm having second thoughts?

Just installed an AB 30T, to replace the round 30T that was installed a couple weeks before, during an upgrade. What a difference it's made on the steep technical climb that I do for an hour during my local ride route. Literally night and day difference for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028184
Mobile Version of Website