Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

The right shoes can make a HUGE difference. The last 40 years of running performance skyrocketing has largely been down to footwear technology.

But something I find really interesting is one of the prevailing theories on human evolution is that our ability to run long distances is what gave us an advantage. Both in the physiology to run on two feet, the loosing of hair + being able to sweat to cool ourselves more effectively. Since many African deer species are super fast but can't manage heat or keep up that pace for long periods of time. So the idea is that humans just jogged just enough to keep them moving fast until the animal literally got too hot or too exhausted. Then rock to the dome or later projectile weapons ... ala persistence hunting.

Running on the balls of your feet help too, uses your ankle as a leverage point to put the impact on your calf as opposed to heel strikes that send all the impact to your knees. Anatomical suspension.

My wife runs in Vibram toe shoes, absolutely swears by them. If she runs 5km in normal footwear her knees hurt for days but not in the Vibrams.

Those Vibrams, like Merrell Trail Gloves and others, are minimalist barefoot shoes, they force you into good running posture running on the balls of your feet, because if you run heel to toe barefoot, it hurts.

I used to use Trail Gloves, but my extra weight as of late made the no cushion not too great for me, so I switched to Altras. All of Altras shoes have zero heel-toe drop, giving you the same balance and posture as a barefoot shoe, but offers different cushion levels, which can be great for overweight runners like me, or people who run many miles.

I’m also down 15 pounds, and have 15 more to go.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Yup, 215 pounds of whoop ass

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
I sprained my big toe and I gotta be off the training for 4 days

Well chest day everyday

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Well chest day everyday

Going to be training like the bros

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Well chest day everyday

careful you don't sprain your wrist.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 14:33 Quote
Yea that would be quite spainful

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
I hate every single one of you

Also I randomly met a dude who I haventseen in years, in my town. He lives in the opposite side of spain. He doesnt know this is my hometown. We just randomly sat one table away from each other at a bar

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
Zero drop shoes offer no performance advantage. No certain amount of drop alone offers a performance advantage. There is biometric test data to support this from everyone (Nike to 3rd party testing). But if Altras feel good on you they are fine shoes.

Also zero padding shoes like five fingers are using basically the broken argument of "we didn't evolve this way so you shouldn't add"

YEAH DOG WE DIDN'T EVOLVE STONES FOR HANDS BUT WE FIGURED OUT HAMMER AND NAILS

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 1:09 Quote
But the argument for them is null if what the company says works for the person using them? I really don't like all these long slack bikes with 29" wheels, I find them to big to ride probably. Am I right or wrong?
I don't run unless it's after the daughter, I walk around my home in zero padded slippers and my feet feel good for it.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 2:28 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Zero drop shoes offer no performance advantage. No certain amount of drop alone offers a performance advantage. There is biometric test data to support this from everyone (Nike to 3rd party testing). But if Altras feel good on you they are fine shoes.

Also zero padding shoes like five fingers are using basically the broken argument of "we didn't evolve this way so you shouldn't add"

YEAH DOG WE DIDN'T EVOLVE STONES FOR HANDS BUT WE FIGURED OUT HAMMER AND NAILS

Sure, no performance advantage, performance being the key word. I’m not talking speed, agility, or endurance. I’m talking about shoes that put your body in a more anatomically correct posture for longevity of muscles and tendons.

Heel toe drop puts contact closer to touching the ground first, and the cushion there makes it more comfortable to run heel-toe. For a trained athlete this point may be moot, but to develop the habit of landing heel first puts undue stress on knee and other supportive joints.

It’s like riding a full rigid bike after years of a full squish and reminding your body how to absorb the bumps again. Except bike suspension is better than the cushion in the shoes over years and miles.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Running on the balls of your feet help too, uses your ankle as a leverage point to put the impact on your calf as opposed to heel strikes that send all the impact to your knees. Anatomical suspension.

My wife runs in Vibram toe shoes, absolutely swears by them. If she runs 5km in normal footwear her knees hurt for days but not in the Vibrams.

Those Vibrams, like Merrell Trail Gloves and others, are minimalist barefoot shoes, they force you into good running posture running on the balls of your feet, because if you run heel to toe barefoot, it hurts.

I used to use Trail Gloves, but my extra weight as of late made the no cushion not too great for me, so I switched to Altras. All of Altras shoes have zero heel-toe drop, giving you the same balance and posture as a barefoot shoe, but offers different cushion levels, which can be great for overweight runners like me, or people who run many miles.

I told the what you wrote on here now she is interested in a pair of Altras. I looked on their website and it's a right minefield lol I think she likes the idea of the shoe with the thinest sole.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

I told the what you wrote on here now she is interested in a pair of Altras. I looked on their website and it's a right minefield lol I think she likes the idea of the shoe with the thinest sole.

lol shoes are dangerous man, I have way too many, and not like a collection of nice cool shoes. I ended up getting the Lone Peaks, Viho, and HIIT XT 2 to cover trail and road running, and then workouts and lateral movement exercises.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
I have a gravel bike on order which I think marks the end of being a fun and young person - I'm now a full blown boring adult

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.207999
Mobile Version of Website