Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
July 2021 - went for a ride, crashed and bruised my entire left side, fixed all that needed fixing on the bike and spent a shitload of money, went riding again, crashed and smacked my left quad on the bars and unable to crouch for 10 days, plus burned my calf on the rotor like a moron, healed and went riding, burped the tire in a hard corner followed immediately by a rocky rooty section which dented the shit out my rim, barely made it to the end of the trail with the tire not seating and holding air anymore, quality rims upwards of 100€, getting frustrated a bit

damn dude...! and shit....if I had any better luck than you I'd send some of it your way Wink

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
Every time I take out my orbea I break something I'm considering selling it and go full endubro

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
Big dudes need bikes to match. If your over 200lbs and ride aggressively you need to build your bike to suit.

Big brakes, strong wheels and thicker casing tires.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
It's kinda funny, initially I was a little annoyed at the weight of my coiled Top Fuel, but then I considered that I weigh about 185 lbs so a 29 lb downcountry bike doesn't really bother me that much.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
It's kinda funny, initially I was a little annoyed at the weight of my coiled Top Fuel, but then I considered that I weigh about 185 lbs so a 29 lb downcountry bike doesn't really bother me that much.

Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:

Blank Stare

What? If I weighed around 150 lbs I could ride a bike that was less overbuilt.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Every time I take out my orbea I break something I'm considering selling it and go full endubro

This is a design feature of Orbea's not a fault as such.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:

Blank Stare

29lbs is really nothing to worry about for a coil sprung bike. Meanwhile, im over here with my 37lb enduro bike wondering if i should move to a cushcore dh in the rear instead of the xc, under a nearly 1500g tire lol

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Blank Stare

29lbs is really nothing to worry about for a coil sprung bike. Meanwhile, im over here with my 37lb enduro bike wondering if i should move to a cushcore dh in the rear instead of the xc, under a nearly 1500g tire lol

I think the stock Top Fuel XX1 AXS weighs about 24 lbs so mine is a little porky.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
Anyone have opinions on running a 217 x 57mm shock in a 210 x 55 frame?

It would be a coil so would do the usual remove spring and compress etc. Just curious as I've neither in my possession at the moment...

I ran a 200x57 shock in a 190x51 frame. it worked. but I did end up bending a shock bolt... you can however make it less bad by using some offset shock bushings

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 22:46 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Big dudes need bikes to match. If your over 200lbs and ride aggressively you need to build your bike to suit.

Big brakes, strong wheels and thicker casing tires.
yeah, in december I'll pay off my gravel and put the orbea for sale

I'm thinking 1 downsizing to an M (tried my friend's rallon in M and fits like a glooove)

And 2 going full enduro with fox 38 and dh casings

3.5k is my budget I was thinking maybe rallon, propain or yt

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 2:12 Quote
Propain has a huuuuuuuuge waiting list ATM.
For YT you need to check the site periodically and have a hot finger. Bikes come in batches every 2-3 months.
Same for Canyon and Radon, although they do list when you can expect them to be in stock unlike YT. Radon can't be beat for the deal you get for your money.
Commencal stopped being a good deal a while ago. Unless you fancy Meta or Supreme, you might just as well go find a bro deal on giant or specialized

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
Friend visited store that holds them in Munich and got some ridiculous comment from clerk that although there are bikes in the store, they are all show pieces and you can preorder with 4 months waiting list. Nothing available for months on their website as well

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027442
Mobile Version of Website