Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Author Message
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
seraph wrote:
fredro wrote:
I'm pro vaxx, but Anti mandating. I respect people's decisions on their own bodies for whatever reasons.

If someone chooses to not get the vaccine, and is hospitalized with Covid, they should be denied medical treatment.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s a bit on the extreme side. No one should be denied medical attention because of their personal choices.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.

I'm with you on this, also ebikes are the future of mountain biking.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
seraph wrote:
fredro wrote:
I'm pro vaxx, but Anti mandating. I respect people's decisions on their own bodies for whatever reasons.

If someone chooses to not get the vaccine, and is hospitalized with Covid, they should be denied medical treatment.

thats the problem.. they already are being denied medical treatment... we have medicines that cure covid symptoms. Have had them for a long time but now they are "unsafe for use"??

Deemed unsafe for use by politicians not doctors. And now those same politicians are now mandating you take their new medicine that is not proven or long term vetted in any way. And is also proven to not stop the spread nor stop anyone from contracting the virus...

No thanks.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 11:09 Quote
fredro wrote:
seraph wrote:
fredro wrote:
I'm pro vaxx, but Anti mandating. I respect people's decisions on their own bodies for whatever reasons.

If someone chooses to not get the vaccine, and is hospitalized with Covid, they should be denied medical treatment.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s a bit on the extreme side. No one should be denied medical attention because of their personal choices.

But they are, literally. Many hospitals are doing hardcore triage treatment, and unvaccinated people are at the bottom of the list. People are dying as they can't get elective surgery in Florida, as an example, because of all the idiots choosing not to get vaccinated.

PS, vaccines have been mandated for decades. Your kids likely need them in order to join in public school. This is nothing new or unprecedented, it's just become political this cycle around.

As far as I care, especially in Canada with us paying healthcare in taxes, you should not be getting treatment with any level of priority if you chose not to get the vaccine. It's costing us literally hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient. The shot was free for citizens.

Also, any mouthbreather saying RNA vaccines are untested needs to take a serious look at the development of them. They've been toying with the idea for over 5 decades, and since crispr labs got more popular close to two decades ago, they've been under constant testing. This specific one needed approval in a legal sense, not in a healthcare sense. They're not even remotely unproven.

It's been proven time and time again to lower viral load counts, which reduces severity of the virus as well as lowering transmission and danger. Why bother lying when the information is so easy to find?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Random dude that has never appeared here before claims tonwork with the FDA daily

Does anyone else smell that smelly smell

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.
i am not confident enough to ride clipped in on the trails but on the gravel oh boy is it fun

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.

I'm with you on this, also ebikes are the future of mountain biking.

I'd rather say it is a nice way to cover a certain area within a given time. I dont think they could ever overtake the nieche of "analog" mtbs.
For me a low-ish capacity battery with a smaller motor would be ideal on my local trails. Within 2hours of riding i can gather some 20km and roughly 1000m of climbing. Now with a somewhat light ebike i could do this within an hour or so, or just go for more laps.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
jespinal wrote:
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.
i am not confident enough to ride clipped in on the trails but on the gravel oh boy is it fun

I've tried flats, never again. Couldnt pull when climbing, sketchy positioning, and i was constantly in fear for my shins. If you find shimanos a bit too tight, i'd recommend a set of time pedals. Prior my cb mallet-e, i was riding time atac dh. Weights a ton, but the cleat waaay more durable than the cb, amd the float is almost on par with the cb.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
fredro wrote:
seraph wrote:
fredro wrote:
I'm pro vaxx, but Anti mandating. I respect people's decisions on their own bodies for whatever reasons.

If someone chooses to not get the vaccine, and is hospitalized with Covid, they should be denied medical treatment.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s a bit on the extreme side. No one should be denied medical attention because of their personal choices.

If you were about to walk across a shooting range during live fire, and I said "here is a bullet proof vest, it will increase your chances of not dying if you get shot" but you said "no thanks", I would not want you to receive any sort of priority medical treatment because there was a simple and straightforward preventative measure that you ignored.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Random dude that has never appeared here before claims tonwork with the FDA daily

Does anyone else smell that smelly smell

I've been around for a minute jesp.

no worries, I'm definitely not the ubiquitous robocop.

back to bike stuff tho this is not the place.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
You do know that the vaccine is not 100% effective, right? 2 people in my immediate circle were vaxed and got it bad.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
SenditforJesus wrote:
You do know that the vaccine is not 100% effective, right? 2 people in my immediate circle were vaxed and got it bad.

And a bullet proof vest isn't 100% effective either, but it does a better job at stopping a bullet than if you didn't wear one.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
Who let this joker in? Eigtht account of that banned dude?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
moferenc wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.

I'm with you on this, also ebikes are the future of mountain biking.

I'd rather say it is a nice way to cover a certain area within a given time. I dont think they could ever overtake the nieche of "analog" mtbs.
For me a low-ish capacity battery with a smaller motor would be ideal on my local trails. Within 2hours of riding i can gather some 20km and roughly 1000m of climbing. Now with a somewhat light ebike i could do this within an hour or so, or just go for more laps.

I've knocked half an hour off one of my ride using my ebike, it's bloody great. This year I've used my regular MTB twice, once at an enduro and the other on an uplift.
I have been thinking of trying out Time pedals, I haven't had much trouble with CB pedals but fancy a change.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
moferenc wrote:
jespinal wrote:
moferenc wrote:
I prefer riding clipped in and shimano is better than sram.
i am not confident enough to ride clipped in on the trails but on the gravel oh boy is it fun

I've tried flats, never again. Couldnt pull when climbing, sketchy positioning, and i was constantly in fear for my shins. If you find shimanos a bit too tight, i'd recommend a set of time pedals. Prior my cb mallet-e, i was riding time atac dh. Weights a ton, but the cleat waaay more durable than the cb, amd the float is almost on par with the cb.
I like my shimano cleats (well...decathlon rebranded spd cleats)

I didn't really get a long with the float but now I am used to it I just need to dial in my cleats as I have pain in the outside of my foot when pedalling, any advice?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028918
Mobile Version of Website