Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 4:56 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
jespinal wrote:
How do u guys deal with leg burnout?

I did this climb on friday, stopped once to take some photos and a leak and did it in around 50min (6-7km 500m climb)

Same climb today I had to stop a few times to catch my breath but still managed something within the same time

But I feel as if my legs were made out of lead

More bananas?
More stretching?
Less bitching?
Less sex?
Less fingers up the bum?

More stretching and plenty of fluids.
Plus electrolytes/salt tabs and looot of fruits for me. Also, a large plate of pasta is always nice after a ride.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
moferenc wrote:
jespinal wrote:
i am not confident enough to ride clipped in on the trails but on the gravel oh boy is it fun

I've tried flats, never again. Couldnt pull when climbing, sketchy positioning, and i was constantly in fear for my shins. If you find shimanos a bit too tight, i'd recommend a set of time pedals. Prior my cb mallet-e, i was riding time atac dh. Weights a ton, but the cleat waaay more durable than the cb, amd the float is almost on par with the cb.

Can you unclip really quickly with the cb? i saw a clip of jack moir sliding into a corner and he seemed to unclip almost instantly, i never feel like i can do that with spd so ive stayed on flats

At first, riding with the fresh cleats on the cb was nearly nightmareish. Mounted the way to have larger float, so on a techy climb i almost fell over. Then i flipped the cleata for less float and more "direct feel" and now i'm absolutely fine with them. Got to thell tho, i liked the Time atac more, but it has finally gave up after ~10years of abuse and the only reason i didnt rebuy, is i wanted to see if the hype is real on cb pedals.
So unclipping is not easy nor as instant compared to spd but i find the float provides me greater peace of mind than the shimano's tight mechanism.
Dunno if it helps, but i know for sure that i would not go for a ride unclipped.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
jespinal wrote:
How do u guys deal with leg burnout?

I did this climb on friday, stopped once to take some photos and a leak and did it in around 50min (6-7km 500m climb)

Same climb today I had to stop a few times to catch my breath but still managed something within the same time

But I feel as if my legs were made out of lead

More bananas?
More stretching?
Less bitching?

Make sure to get protein shortly after your rides + continued hydration and stretching

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
Is it wrong to assume cycling is the same as any other training, especially when climbing. I always take a day off to rest after a strenuous climb. My assumption was that muscle memory applies just like strength training.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Climbing strains your muscles and tendons WAY more than biking could ever. But yes rest days are super important to getting stronger regardless the activity

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Sorry I used cycling as a general term. The difference is distinct enough I should really separate them. In road cycling you attack a hill. In mountain biking the hill attacks you!

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
heeeey, well got a camera (old cannon T2i) and been toying with it

lots to learn and lots to enjoy

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
moferenc wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
moferenc wrote:

I've tried flats, never again. Couldnt pull when climbing, sketchy positioning, and i was constantly in fear for my shins. If you find shimanos a bit too tight, i'd recommend a set of time pedals. Prior my cb mallet-e, i was riding time atac dh. Weights a ton, but the cleat waaay more durable than the cb, amd the float is almost on par with the cb.

Can you unclip really quickly with the cb? i saw a clip of jack moir sliding into a corner and he seemed to unclip almost instantly, i never feel like i can do that with spd so ive stayed on flats

At first, riding with the fresh cleats on the cb was nearly nightmareish. Mounted the way to have larger float, so on a techy climb i almost fell over. Then i flipped the cleata for less float and more "direct feel" and now i'm absolutely fine with them. Got to thell tho, i liked the Time atac more, but it has finally gave up after ~10years of abuse and the only reason i didnt rebuy, is i wanted to see if the hype is real on cb pedals.
So unclipping is not easy nor as instant compared to spd but i find the float provides me greater peace of mind than the shimano's tight mechanism.
Dunno if it helps, but i know for sure that i would not go for a ride unclipped.
I could never get along with CB. I fell over a bunch and went back to Shimano quick.

Also, just finishing up a 2 week tour of the PNW. Hit a bunch of bike parks; Eagle, Targhee, Jackson Hole, and Legacy. All very cool.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
its-chris wrote:
heeeey, well got a camera (old cannon T2i) and been toying with it

lots to learn and lots to enjoy
noice

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
dkidd wrote:
moferenc wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I could never get along with CB. I fell over a bunch and went back to Shimano quick.

Also, just finishing up a 2 week tour of the PNW. Hit a bunch of bike parks; Eagle, Targhee, Jackson Hole, and Legacy. All very cool.
Did I suddenly get transported to the PNW without knowing it?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
depends, does the water taste like ash?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
Well that's the entire Pacific coast of North America to be fair..

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 3:58 Quote
Also, because I didn’t want to deal with selling individual parts, gave away like $700 worth of parts.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Typical, took Reece out of my fantasy team after the last WC round and he goes and wins haha. What a result though

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
I did that too lol Had Minnaar in there Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034068
Mobile Version of Website