close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Any of you tried anything from Dirtlej? Specs look really impressive and price doesn't seem to bad if it is quality. I sent them an email a few weeks back about availability in USA and they never responded.

The ski and climbing world tried one piece waterproof suits long ago, every once and a while someone tries to make them a thing again.... They always have poor breathability and are way warmer than they need to be, patterning them is almost impossible to get right for a range of people, your layer system has to be completely dialed since you can't really take off your top shell, hope you like having Tenacious Tape on multiple spots for anywhere it does rip, did I say they don't breath well?

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:30 Quote
So I just did my first official ride on the Meta

That thing is the honey badger of bikes it just don't give a f*ck

I ran out of light did most of my ride in pitch black conditions and all I had to do was point it in one direction and let jesus take the wheel

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Yeah that's usually how it goes when you get a bigger bike. Take it easy the first couple of rides

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
I'm riding trails that I know by heart also I'm riding clipped in so even though every single one of my times is faster already I'm not gonna go and throw myself off the nearest unknown drop

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
Not just talking jumps/drops that you haven't done sometimes you can come into things going way faster than you realize and the next thing you know your eating shit because your washed out in a corner or overshot a jump.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
That's exactly it, you know them by heart and you feel comfortable on them, however, that comfort was established at lower speeds, once you start hauling ass then that same trail turns into a different animal.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Not just talking jumps/drops that you haven't done sometimes you can come into things going way faster than you realize and the next thing you know your eating shit because your washed out in a corner or overshot a jump.
Story of my dislocated shoulder, broken femur and a 6month of recovery.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
I see x-rays in Jesps future.

mtbman1980 wrote:

word^

standard collar bone job here..f*ck doing a femur Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I'm riding trails that I know by heart also I'm riding clipped in so even though every single one of my times is faster already I'm not gonna go and throw myself off the nearest unknown drop

sound reasoning, if you are gonna do stupid stuff make shure you do it as far away from home as possible! lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 0:28 Quote
iffy wrote:

mtbman1980 wrote:

word^

I already have both scaphoids and shoulder done lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
jespinal wrote:
iffy wrote:

mtbman1980 wrote:

word^

I already have both scaphoids and shoulder done lol

yeah, that sucks, but when f*cking up at speed on gnar bailing like you do on a BMX is often not possible, its more a case of rag-dolling it out and seeing if you are still able to function when you come back round lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
i have better luck doing the penguin slide than anything else when falling. obviously not always possibly (in a rock garden) but works well otherwise.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
Full dh armor and neck brace has allowed me to walk away from a 30mph fall

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
The ground always breaks my fall!

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
^^^ It's always been there for me when I need it lol

...and glad I'm short...err...well average, I guess. I'm naturally a lot closer to the ground.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028658
Mobile Version of Website