close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Got married in 2006 and went on honeymoon to Kenya, while on safari our driver said that in Kenya they drive on what's left of the road. We were going down this dirt road which was a main road, out of nowhere we bumped up on to some tarmac, over a speed hump and back off to tarmac on to the dirt again.

Not too dissimilar to Wales then?

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 1:45 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Every time I go to Southern France or Italy the driving gets pretty loose lol

Roundabouts with no lanes, super short slip lanes and questionable street parking

When you add in that everyone is also driving on the other side of the road to us it gets interesting

The driving in Rome is really something else, they're absolute mental cases.

And this is from someone that commuted into central London on a motorbike

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:
Got married in 2006 and went on honeymoon to Kenya, while on safari our driver said that in Kenya they drive on what's left of the road. We were going down this dirt road which was a main road, out of nowhere we bumped up on to some tarmac, over a speed hump and back off to tarmac on to the dirt again.

I live quite close to the Herefordshire border, the roads there are ten times worse than Welsh roads.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 3:31 Quote
moferenc wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Bruh

Some of the worst driving I have ever seen has been performed by americans

I have never seen SO MANY f*ckING ACCIDENTS with totalled cars than in murica
never seen so many crashed/damaged cars than the ones in Andalusia. literaly every single car there had some sort of blemish on the bodywork! Belgrade comes close, and their driving was like "move or you'll die". in croatia tailgating is the way to go, and it was getting more annoying towards Zadar from Zagreb. in hungary we have the shitty roads with huge potholes and generaly overpriced highway constructions.

I was in Budapest for 4 days couple od weeks ago. Best decision ever to leave the car in a shopping centre garage while there

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

...or Cleveland lol

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Every time I go to Southern France or Italy the driving gets pretty loose lol

Roundabouts with no lanes, super short slip lanes and questionable street parking

When you add in that everyone is also driving on the other side of the road to us it gets interesting

The driving in Rome is really something else, they're absolute mental cases.

And this is from someone that commuted into central London on a motorbike
Oh man our taxi from the centre of Rome out to the airport was next level. Didn't help the driver was casually browsing on his iPad somehow mounted to the middle of the steering wheel (I REALLY hope he'd disabled the airbag...which is a phrase I don't think you're ever really meant to think!)

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
moferenc wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Bruh

Some of the worst driving I have ever seen has been performed by americans

I have never seen SO MANY f*ckING ACCIDENTS with totalled cars than in murica
never seen so many crashed/damaged cars than the ones in Andalusia. literaly every single car there had some sort of blemish on the bodywork! Belgrade comes close, and their driving was like "move or you'll die". in croatia tailgating is the way to go, and it was getting more annoying towards Zadar from Zagreb. in hungary we have the shitty roads with huge potholes and generaly overpriced highway constructions.

I was in Budapest for 4 days couple od weeks ago. Best decision ever to leave the car in a shopping centre garage while there

I was thinking something along the same lines.
If anybody thinks they drive like crap in the U.S., they need to go to Italy. If people then think they drive like $hit in Italy, all they need to do is go to southern France.
Now if they now think they've seen the worst, they're gonna be in for a surprise if they come to Hungary or Serbia.
I think Hungary wins though, but not by much.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 1:43 Quote
I experienced the worst roads and general driving conditions this summer in Montenegro. Worst of all is the scenic road from Kotor to Lovćen, built in late 19th century, steep as f*ck, with a f*ckton of hairpins
https://www.dangerousroads.org/eastern-europe/montenegro/2286-old-road-from-cetinje-to-kotor.html

It's also very narrow at times and of course as luck would have it that's exactly where I had to meet a goddamn bus. My side rearview mirror was almost scraping the side of the bus and there were inches on the other side to the ravine below.
The locals laughed at me saying that during the high season two buses are known to meet!!!
It's protected by UNESCO and therefore they can't do any altering construction on it.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I experienced the worst roads and general driving conditions this summer in Montenegro. Worst of all is the scenic road from Kotor to Lovćen, built in late 19th century, steep as f*ck, with a f*ckton of hairpins
https://www.dangerousroads.org/eastern-europe/montenegro/2286-old-road-from-cetinje-to-kotor.html

It's also very narrow at times and of course as luck would have it that's exactly where I had to meet a goddamn bus. My side rearview mirror was almost scraping the side of the bus and there were inches on the other side to the ravine below.
The locals laughed at me saying that during the high season two buses are known to meet!!!
It's protected by UNESCO and therefore they can't do any altering construction on it.
Need a build a bypass

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Well, we decided we weren't going to go back the same way, which turned out to be an even bigger mistake, because the alternative route led us straight into a protest regarding some Montenegro-Serbia issues, the same type of protest that turned ugly a week before, and since the main road was closed off for traffic and we definitely needed to get the hell out of there we took a "scenic" route through the Montenegrin backwaters with even worse roads and google maps on a phone with rapidly draining battery and no charger.
You really don't want to get stranded here after dark
https://goo.gl/maps/qSqcBMb4h2MU3V3M7

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
First full bikepark day on the Meta with the homies

I could keep up with relatively fast dudes and wasn't as sore as I used to be with the Orbea, shit's fast as f*ck and really stable. Also it jumps like a dream, the bikepark I rode is really small it has like 4 tracks but we stuck to one and tried to master it, really flowy and fun

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
I’ve seen $4+ millions homes being built here with AC. We get over 90° maybe 4 days a year. City slickers, I’m telling ya.

if you spent $4 million on a house wouldn't you put ac in it?...

this as well as ...

Yeah people in the San Francisco area didn't think they'd need AC back when a LOT of those homes were built. Global warming is a sunabitch.

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
I drove in lots of places. Serbia is hard, Belgrade is crazy but you just have to know where you're going and keep up and you'll get along fine. Same goes fir Italy and Spain thou fhey're less hectic. Croatia is a tailgating country, it's terrible. It was really getting on my nerves when I had a small and slow car, since i got the MPV I just go a bit to the left so they can't see sht sp they have to back off. Netherland and Germany are far more civilized. Hungary is ok, much better than Serbia and Croatia, I drove there many times but doesn't recall any incidents. Canary islands were funny, every car has a dent, even new ones don't last longer than 6 months.

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
Finally some topic

Donald Pump

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
No tires or pedals, shaving grams to the next level

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028860
Mobile Version of Website