Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
Unless it's super old, Sile is correct.
What number is stamped in the crankset?

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
God no idea I can ask for pictures, on the other hand I found these on amazon

With this bottom bracket

It would be 50 bucks for the whole thing I'd just need to sort out an FD and a lever (still on the fence about going flatbar tho)

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Out of pure boredom I've been watching Pb videos on youtube, the amount of brand dick riding is astonishing

How poorly thought their series are is even more astonishing

Please, sit down grab any drink and do a shot every time he sucks spesh's dick

Actually...don't you'll get alcohol poisoning

My favourite one recently was the review of the Ghost. Literally everything they say about it contradicts the geometry. Numbers literally never lie.

Everything they complain about is off. It really does come off as "this company didn't pay us enough."

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
It reminds me of the Knolly Warden review were the over 6ft test rider decided to ride a medium because he thought the reach was too long for him because he is an engineer and understands numbers better than anyone else....then complained about all the things that if your reach was a bit short you wouldn't like on a bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:

My favourite one recently was the review of the Ghost. Literally everything they say about it contradicts the geometry. Numbers literally never lie.

Everything they complain about is off. It really does come off as "this company didn't pay us enough."

kinda makes sense though if everything else they tested was a large and the ghost was a medium. as someone who only rides XL bikes and riding a large over the weekend, i can definitely echo the sketchy feeling coming off of other bikes.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 15:51 Quote

Everything they complain about is off. It really does come off as "this company didn't pay us enough."[/Quote]

I actually really like this bike, but agree the geo (66° HTA) is a little too steep for my liking, but if Ibwas to own one, I would swap to a 160mm fork, maybe even install an angle adjust headset to give it the HTA close to what I would prefer. IDGAF about how steep a seat tube is, I hate pedalling anyway, so if it climbs like a pig, push runs it is!

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
66 is plenty slack. Honestly wish bikes were steeper these days. If you can't bomb near WC level stuff on 66, it ain't the headtube holding you back.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:
66 is plenty slack. Honestly wish bikes were steeper these days. If you can't bomb near WC level stuff on 66, it ain't the headtube holding you back.
Honestly, 63 on my meta is WAY too slack sometimes

I mean it's nice to have but... sometimes I gotta swing them bars around like a mad man trying to maneuver the bike through tight stuff

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
jespinal wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Honestly, 63 on my meta is WAY too slack sometimes

I mean it's nice to have but... sometimes I gotta swing them bars around like a mad man trying to maneuver the bike through tight stuff

My park bike is 64.5 with a 442mm reach, for dicking about it is perfect for me. Fun but stable.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
My warden has changed quite a bit in the last year
stock setting is 65ish with the 160mm 27.5 fork
then I went to 170mm 29r fork with 27.5in wheel 64ish degrees
Then 170mm fork with 29r wheel 62ish degrees
Now I am at 63 degrees with fork set to 160 and 29in wheel up front.

Through all of those changes I noticed the taller front end more than I noticed any other changes. The wheel did feel a bit floppy at the 170 and 29in wheel up front on slower speed trails.

I lowered the fork to 160 more to get some climbing comfort back again as it slacked out the seat tube a bit too much and I felt like I was hanging off the back of the bike.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
If there's anything I could do to my 5010 to get that head tube to 67/67.5, it would be done. Bikes are no longer made to support the kinda riding we have here.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:

The normality of 64* is pretty wack. You can plow but popping jumps and hopping around ain't the same.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
slacksets fitted in reverse are the future

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
Can't do a headset, drop in cups, not pressfit. Can't do offset bushings, as they'll rotate over time to the shorter eye to eye position. Really do want this to happen, but don't really see any options.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Can't do a headset, drop in cups, not pressfit. Can't do offset bushings, as they'll rotate over time to the shorter eye to eye position. Really do want this to happen, but don't really see any options.

https://9point8.ca/collections/slack-r-kits

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055889
Mobile Version of Website