Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
jespinal wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Chicken wings are the worst offender for that. They're one of the easiest things to make, really easy to dress, and chicken wings themselves aren't very cheap. Can get 12 wings for $10 all day here.

Go out to a restaurant and that's $22 and often pretty mediocre even at that price.

That said, can definitely still see myself wasting too much money at the bar on beer. Thankfully covid shut all that down to help my bank account.
beer in america is outrageous, I'll go out spend somewhere in the ballpark of 20 euros and drink at least 10 beers, and those are expensive places

That's the equivalent to 4 beers in Canada

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
Canada is way worse than the states for it. Cheapest cans of beer here start at $2 right from the store. You can get malts for like, $6 for a 40, but damn, you then gotta drink OE...

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
moferenc wrote:
That one time i've visited Lille and fancied A glass of beer for 14eur..
Nothing like 1,5 liters of Cruzcampo for 2eur in a chinese shop en route to botellodromo in Granada tho.
cruzcampo is the closes thing there is to liquid aids tho

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Canada is way worse than the states for it. Cheapest cans of beer here start at $2 right from the store. You can get malts for like, $6 for a 40, but damn, you then gotta drink OE...

I do recall being very surprised at how expensive beer was in Canada. I that I could just pound a bunch of Kokanees up there for cheap but I find out they are actually more expensive. (Even factoring in exchange rate)

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
Had a nice pint tonight while waiting for a takeaway. It was a Three Tuns Solstice, a light ale, localish brewery and the oldest brewery in the UK, first opened in 1642, and it was only £3.50.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 0:18 Quote
I work in London, its £5-6 a pint absolutely anywhere now. That's alowly creeping further out too.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 4:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:

But DoFo said we would get Buck-a-Beer...

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I do most of the cooking at home and this is my problem. I can make something better for less money and less time than going to a restaurant.

same here....

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to go out and get a bite and a bottle at any of the many wineries we have in the area, but the missus prefers my cooking over going out for those same reasons you mentioned.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
jespinal wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Chicken wings are the worst offender for that. They're one of the easiest things to make, really easy to dress, and chicken wings themselves aren't very cheap. Can get 12 wings for $10 all day here.

Go out to a restaurant and that's $22 and often pretty mediocre even at that price.

That said, can definitely still see myself wasting too much money at the bar on beer. Thankfully covid shut all that down to help my bank account.
beer in america is outrageous, I'll go out spend somewhere in the ballpark of 20 euros and drink at least 10 beers, and those are expensive places

That's the equivalent to 4 beers in Canada

....or two beers at Daytona Speedway Confused

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Meanwhile in Canada....in fact many other places too, why is this not on the news?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
iffy wrote:
Meanwhile in Canada....in fact many other places too, why is this not on the news?

It's in the news here, like everywhere all the time. But I live in Ottawa so...

There are some real issues with that "news" cast, to be clear I don't think this protest is necessarily a bad thing, but people are trying to incite rage with misinformation.

1. The 50,000 number is pure BS. that's been proven time and time again. Coming from the west its something like 300-1000 but that of course changes daily with people joining through the big cities and then dropping off. Once they reach Ottawa estimates say around 1500 total vehicles.
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/here-s-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-truck-convoy-moving-into-ottawa-today-1.5757761
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/citys-going-to-get-gridlocked-how-the-truck-convoy-could-wreak-havoc-on-ottawa-streets

2. She equates separatism to terrorism. This is abhorrent for any news agency to say. Separatism is a legitimate stance held by many citizens in this country, and for good reason. (I am not one of those citizens)

3. Saying there is a media blackout within this country couldn't be any further from the truth. I've been hearing about this every day for the past week, and I'm not talking facebook. take a look at the front page of three of the largest news agencies this morning.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/01/27/freedom-rally-convoy-of-truckers-protesting-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-rolls-through-toronto-thursday.html

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
RMWB wrote:
iffy wrote:

cool you can be our man at ground zero, if you are roundabout please post some pics or a vid!

thx

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 3:26 Quote
RMWB wrote:
iffy wrote:

There are some real issues with that "news" cast, to be clear I don't think this protest is necessarily a bad thing, but people are trying to incite rage with misinformation.

1. The 50,000 number is pure BS. that's been proven time and time again. Coming from the west its something like 300-1000 but that of course changes daily with people joining through the big cities and then dropping off. Once they reach Ottawa estimates say around 1500 total vehicles.

2. She equates separatism to terrorism. This is abhorrent for any news agency to say. Separatism is a legitimate stance held by many citizens in this country, and for good reason. (I am not one of those citizens)

3. Saying there is a media blackout within this country couldn't be any further from the truth. I've been hearing about this every day for the past week, and I'm not talking facebook. take a look at the front page of three of the largest news agencies this morning.

Hey Ottoman any news from your fine city as to what happened over the weekend?

Over in Brexitland apparently someone had a flag upside down and someone else made a pee in public near a monument, not much else...?

cheers

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
iffy wrote:
RMWB wrote:
iffy wrote:

Hey Ottoman any news from your fine city as to what happened over the weekend?

Over in Brexitland apparently someone had a flag upside down and someone else made a pee in public near a monument, not much else...?

cheers

Lots of people on the Hill, looks like around 5000 people, 100 or so rigs and a bunch more cars/SUVs/pickups. Continuous honking at all hours, I could hear it from my house during the day on Saturday and I'm 18km away. I can't imagine the folks downtown were too pleased about that. Keep in mind we are a capital city and are used to protests. People are quite tolerant and are able to sluff off a lot of inconvenience. Roads were closed but this was mostly a preventative measure to keep the demonstration from spreading over a larger area. Despite that I had no issues crossing over to La-Belle Province to get my kids to ski lessons.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/truck-convoy-protest-some-key-players-1.6332312

Some pretty despicable behavior from some of the demonstrators.

The Terry Fox (National hero who famously ran across Canada to raise money for cancer) statue was "defaced" https://globalnews.ca/news/8580543/terry-fox-statue-trucker-rally/

People parked their vehicles on the Tomb of the Unknown Solder, when the vehicles were finally removed, someone proceeded to dance while intoxicated on the site. This site is particularly special to many in the city/country. Not only is it a reminder of all those who gave their lives, a serviceman was murdered there a few years ago by a shooter who eventually made it in to the parliament buildings while armed. https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/top-canadian-defence-officials-condemn-protesters-dancing-on-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier-1.5760168

Rocks were thrown at an Ambulance https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ambulances-pelted-with-rocks-during-protest-health-workers-patients-face-added-stress-delays

Swastikas, Confederate flags, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0w52V1toNw

Homeless shelter intimidated in to giving food to demonstrators https://twitter.com/sghottawa/status/1488288081639878660?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Our PM came out to talk for two minutes, oh and he's also tested positive for COVID. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-protest-ottawa-1.6333316

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029502
Mobile Version of Website