Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 4:56 Quote
jespinal wrote:
its-chris wrote:
He is f*cking nuts
He is

That's insane. Huge props to him for trying that.
10 miles on a bmx feels like hell.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
Well he kinda set his mind to it a few years ago and we've been planning this since then. I gave him some recommendation which he blatantly ignored so now with 400km on our backs and arguably a harder part coming up...it's gonna suck

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
Smaller bike = less weight to pedal around. Logic!

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 12:55 Quote
And he has got the longest seatpost in the world ever

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 23:35 Quote
I never understood people's fascination with futile endeavors. Sure, he can get to Turkey on a BMX, he could also get to Turkey by hopping on one leg the whole way or pushing a lawnmower.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I never understood people's fascination with futile endeavors. Sure, he can get to Turkey on a BMX, he could also get to Turkey by hopping on one leg the whole way or pushing a lawnmower.
we had a whole ass discussion about it yesterday

He's obsessed with these books about people biking across the world going through war zones, etc. "Embracing the struggle" he calls it.

He's my friend and I support him but it is indeed pretty dumb

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

He's obsessed with these books about people biking across the world going through war zones, etc. "Embracing the struggle" he calls it.

Some people like to go through life the hard way. It's commendable but definitely odd.

Also, F&^* riding through a warzone. That's just suicidal.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
The thing is, and what's driving me nuts atm

There are a shit ton of problems with his setup, had he tested it as I suggested we would be 1 miles ahead of where we are and 2 riding faster.

Like he can't use the pedals efficiently because his foot will knock on his pegs so he has his foot in the middle of the pedal and is putting all the pedalling stress on his quads alone. He refuses to take off the pegs

He has a 28t chainring and a 9t cassette, I suggested downsizing but he didn't so he's struggling at the sight of every climb

The first 2 days he refused to eat except lunch and dinner, which reaulted in early failure, being super tired,etc. Now I finally convinced him to eat and drink every 45min but I have to manage the timings or he forgets

I am having hella fun, scenerys are beautiful and it's great to just pedal and disconnect but damn this trip could've been smoother

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
I Never understood why people would make things harder on themselves.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
jespinal wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

There is a difference between embracing the struggle, or even doing it in better style but harder. Then there is making shit way harder because you chose the completely wrong tool. He crossed that line Facepalm

O+
Posted: May 6, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
Yeah.. I definitely wouldn't allow that stupidity to join me along an epic multi-day adventure

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yeah.. I definitely wouldn't allow that stupidity to join me along an epic multi-day adventure
I could probably be in Milan by now but eh it is what it is, he out the battery in my back to do this shit so I can't complain

I don't think he'll make it to turkey tho, he's too squared in his own ideas

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
you got to write a travel bio on this trip!

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
iffy wrote:
you got to write a travel bio on this trip!

+1

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
I'll make a photobook alongside some texts and shit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.057692
Mobile Version of Website