Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Is anyone traveling with their bikes these days? I have a 1 week trip to Calgary/Golden in a few weeks. Seeing all these stories of lost/delayed bags has me questioning bringing my bike at all.

If I had any choice I would not put my bike in luggage, but if I had to then I’d put AirTags in with it. Consider rentals at the destination.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
debonis wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
You may be able to get a machine shop to ream it out for you if there's no other choice. If you can find one with a friendly machinist. No Idea how you'd fix a frame under a mill though.
The "big drillbit" idea is risky as, if it wanders, it'll ruin the seat tube.

I've got a drill press, a vice and some sizable drill bits to work with.

Though, I seem to be making progress with the caustic soda method. I've gotten quite a bit of blackish grey ooze and hydrogen vapour coming out of the holes in the frame. I'll have to continue it tomorrow though.

The drill bit spinning and grabbing may shock it out after all the chemicals.

I got a friend's stuck pedal out of a steel crank arm with a die grinder last year just because ot bit and grabbed the inside of the allen key hole and broke it loose.

It was a garage mechanic level bodge though lol

I'm kinda half expecting that to happen, honestly lol. My dad's bringing me a 1'' drill bit with an extension on it to use, seat tube is 27mm, so anything left should be easy to get out. but also kinda hoping it just shocks it loose lol.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
I brought my bike to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at no extra cost for oversize luggage, with Delta. Their new policy is bike friendly. Nobody said anything about my carry on, which I did not pay for either. No luggage was lost, maybe because the flight was direct.
The trails in the jungle of Sayulita were pretty fun though you can get by on a hardtail.

Trailer hitch bike

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
Well, I won the war against that seized seat post and got a new one from LBS. Still need to find a set of round rings, I don't have any.also gonna throw on some platform pedals.

Old seat post finally removed new one installed.

I still need new cables and probably housing too, opinions on coloured housings? Classic retro purple maybe?

Hmm coloured cables maybe

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
debonis wrote:
Well, I won the war against that seized seat post and got a new one from LBS. Still need to find a set of round rings, I don't have any.also gonna throw on some platform pedals.

I still need new cables and probably housing too, opinions on coloured housings? Classic retro purple maybe?

I’d definitely replace cables and housings- probably just use black. Looking at brakes I’d swap them out for V brakes while I was at it. Good work on the post.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 9:31 Quote
Probably gonna keep the existing brakes, as they're part of the groupset on the bike, brake levers, shifters, mechs, cranks and calipers are all Deore II, which were stock and 1 year only.

I am eyeing up a set of Biopace rings and another Deore II crankset though on eBay. I only need the big ring but getting a set of cranks with it is kind of a bonus for the price. Compared to other prices on eBay for just a big ring.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
Go with the purple housing. f*ck it. You can always change it back if you want.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 11:01 Quote
the pedals gotta be red.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 13:09 Quote
have you watched MSA dh? it was INTENSE! jeez, it was absolutely incredible!

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
NO TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

Steve peat did a comeback race and won

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

Steve peat did a comeback race and won

Chris Kovaric came out of retirement and beat Shawn Palmer in a game of tic-tac-toe.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 21:32 Quote
RMWB wrote:
Is anyone traveling with their bikes these days? I have a 1 week trip to Calgary/Golden in a few weeks. Seeing all these stories of lost/delayed bags has me questioning bringing my bike at all.

Just flew from Vancouver to the Yukon with mine no issues. I was on a small airline though and I did throw my Tile (airtag but cheaper) in the box in case.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 3:31 Quote
Left Wales at mid night, caught a ferry at 7:50am and I'm now sat in a supermarket carpark in Gent in Belgium waiting for the wife to come back with snacks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031350
Mobile Version of Website