Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 3:20 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I was very excited about buying a new helmet, went with Smith Engage as it had good reviews and a decent price,

photo

However, when it arrived, I put it on and looked in the mirror

photo

I don't know if it's the MIPS layer or whatever adding to the size, but holy hell is it weird looking

please show us...

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 3:26 Quote
My Bell is the same way. Good thing i cannot see myself when riding. I'll let others have that displeasure

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
Some helmets just do that on some people’s heads. Helmets and shoes are something you really need to try them before you buy.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 13:02 Quote
well what did you expect?

buying something called "engage" is just asking for it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 1:15 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Some helmets just do that on some people’s heads. Helmets and shoes are something you really need to try them before you buy.

Well here's the comparison picture, you can see how the new one is by larger in every direction by at least 1cm.

photo

photo

The last one kills me

photo

Tried the new helmet on the trail and it fits almost perfect (slight interference with the goggles, the helmet is pushing them down and I feel a bit of pressure on the nose), I'm not returning it but I am a bit annoyed at the size.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
I was very excited about buying a new helmet, went with Smith Engage as it had good reviews and a decent price,

photo

However, when it arrived, I put it on and looked in the mirror

photo

I don't know if it's the MIPS layer or whatever adding to the size, but holy hell is it weird looking
mip does add

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
photo

Tried the new helmet on the trail and it fits almost perfect (slight interference with the goggles, the helmet is pushing them down and I feel a bit of pressure on the nose).

what brand is the laundry basket next to the helmet?

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
iffy wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
photo

Tried the new helmet on the trail and it fits almost perfect (slight interference with the goggles, the helmet is pushing them down and I feel a bit of pressure on the nose).

what brand is the laundry basket next to the helmet?

LOL, it's absolutely massive isn't it...

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Well here's the comparison picture, you can see how the new one is by larger in every direction by at least 1cm.

photo

The last one kills me

photo

Tried the new helmet on the trail and it fits almost perfect (slight interference with the goggles, the helmet is pushing them down and I feel a bit of pressure on the nose), I'm not returning it but I am a bit annoyed at the size.

I've seen leather helmets that are thicker than that Urge helmet Eek

Shame that Virginia Tech hasn't rated them, but I can't image that it would score high. That being said you can get a really highly rated helmets that don't look huge.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
The Urge helmet has the necessary certificates, which is all the reassurance I needed that it would do the job well.

Luckily I haven't tested it to it's limits. Hopefully I won't test the MIPS hype first hand either.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 2:53 Quote
maybe you could let some air out of it so you can squeeze between trees etc?

also we need a selfie for reference/giggles, thanks!

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
photo

Uhh, what are you doing here Mario, the princess is in another castle, it's not what it looks like, I spilled some peanut butter in my lap and the Goomba was just passing by and....

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
And I thought M0fe was ugly damn

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
The Urge helmet has the necessary certificates, which is all the reassurance I needed that it would do the job well.

Luckily I haven't tested it to it's limits. Hopefully I won't test the MIPS hype first hand either.

"the necessary certificates" = bare minimum requirements that are kinda antiquated. That's the whole reason VT started actually testing and putting numbers behind helmets letting you know how well they actually work.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.094492
Mobile Version of Website