Drumheller Ski Hill for Lift Accessed MTB

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Drumheller Ski Hill for Lift Accessed MTB
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 7:29 Quote
Sure! Why not, I was pissed when I drove there from Calgary to play in Horseshoe Canyon and found huge "NO BIKES" signs everywhere. Never did stop me though! Had a great ride.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 0:10 Quote
That would be rad. When my cousin was visiting from hungary we took him to Royal Tyrell, and i saw that hill, it would be good for fast, quick hit runs.

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
Lots of space to do some good stuff there... and will want to get some input on what should be built. Some stuff is st-eeeeeeee-p! tup

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
I'd love to see a technical DH course, Dirt Jump trail, some regular freeride trails, and fast singletrack.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
That is a great idea. The ski hill never took off cuz there was barely enough snow each year. I've been back visiting over the last few years and have ridden the xc course that started at the hill and then ended at the highway. There is great potential there to use the terrain and the facilities that if I am not mistaken are just sitting there no longer being utilized. Outside of a handful of riders there isn't an entrenched mtbike culture there yet so maybe try tapping into the likes of Calgary Cycle guys. Just a thought. Good Luck.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
drumheller has such wicked terrain, you could certainly have some deadly downhill runs out there for sure.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
RobinHood wrote:
Interested?

You have something in the cooker?

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
If you need help building, i know there are alot of Albertans that would be willing to help, the more bike parks we can get the better!! I'd be down for building.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
That's a great idea.. I've done some riding there, the terrain is awesome, lot's of potential.

Have you proposed any ideas to the owners yet?

If you need any help planing, or speaking with the owners to actually make this happen, I would love to help in anyway I can.

let me know!

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
I went to high school there and visit family once a year or so. Given that I no longer live there I probably couldn't do much more than find out information related to who you need to contact to get the ball rolling. Lemme know if that would help. I would imagine before anything else a business plan would be a huge asset. Didn't some folks in Grande Praire do something similar a year or so ago? Maybe they could be useful in identifying potential pit falls as well as a path to make it happen. Drum does is a sport minded town and I know for a fact that it pisses off a lot of people there seeing the facility not being used.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 0:16 Quote
Thanks guys...

The ball is rolling, and this WILL happen. Ski hill opened a week ago, but new management has made commitment to year round ops that include Lift Accessed MTB.

To start the things, lots will need to be ridden prior to be built, prior to being ridden it should be scouted. With traditional lack of snow in the coulees riding of the sides would be granted now and during the winter, but you would have to purchase a lift ticket.

If anyone is interested in winter riding, let me know and I will set it up...

Robin

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
thats awesome, glad to see another area opening up in alberta that we can ride at, might just make a trip out for a weekend or something and have a good time.

FL
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
Id make the trip from Sylvan.

FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
Well more riding is always great!!

Makes me wonder why places like Nakiska and Sunshine won't do it!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027435
Mobile Version of Website