Lyrik vs Domain

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Lyrik vs Domain
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 2:18 Quote
Im getting a Bottlerocket frame soon and can't choose between Domain 318s and Lyrik Coil U-Turn for it. The bike will be used for freeride but nothing too massive(about 10-15ft) max and a bit of downhill including a planned trip to Fort William. Although the Domains are labelled "freeride" and way cheaper the Lyriks are quite a bit lighter and I've seen videos of Kirt Vories doing massive stuff with Lyriks. Also I've seen reviews saying that the Domains don't last long but I need something that will.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 5:49 Quote
the Lyric and Domain share the same fork crown and lower leg / brace

the Lyric has 35mm aluminium alloy stanchions (upper legs), a lighter steerer tube and superior damper (Mission Control)

the Domain has 35mm plated cromoly steel stanchions, a heavier steerer tube and the same damper used on the Boxxer fork (Motion Control on the 31Cool

both forks are pretty damn tough, with the Domain being a little tougher due to the thicker steerer tube and steel legs, but heavier and with a less responsive and controlled damping system

the Lyric is a popular choice for aggressive all-mountain / freeride lite / slopestyle type riding and should be more than strong enough unless you are regularly sending large gaps and taking big drops, where you should look at the Totem fork

the Lyric is Rockshox's answer to the Fox 36 and similar in terms of strength

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 9:49 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

The only problem with it is that its rock shox....anything with two step is crap but has potential.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 9:50 Quote
lyrick alll hte way..my father has one and he luvs it more than his fox 36 ...plus it looks sik

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 10:47 Quote
canuck3 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

The only problem with it is that its rock shox....anything with two step is crap but has potential.

"The only problem with it is that its rock shox" -- rockshox forks are way ahead of everything else. Can't comment on the two step system, but the dampers are top notch.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
I will toss in the opinion that the domain is an amazing deal. I've never had so much fork for so cheap. I love mine.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 16:07 Quote
wellsy wrote:
canuck3 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

"The only problem with it is that its rock shox" -- rockshox forks are way ahead of everything else. Can't comment on the two step system, but the dampers are top notch.

the 2 step system was way aheard of anything like it be for. Rock Shox still needs to work on it and work out a few of the kinks but other than that Rock Shox is by far the best shock producer out there. My opinon is that you should go with the Domain for price and quality.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
I've been in the same boat but the domain is not tremendouly heavier you get another 20mm it is heavy but it is also 400 less than the lyrik which tags in like 50 less than the 36 TALAS

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
i have a domain IS 180 and it works great BUT you i can tell its a cheaper fork, it doesnt feel very solid, or stiff.. maybe they have cheap bushings? anyways if your talking about quality i would definately say go for the lyrik.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
I've gone from using 2 Totems (solo air and coil) to a Lyric 2-step and have not noticed the Lyric being less "stiff" or capable than the Totem

all the Domains i have ridden have felt stiff and capable, after all its got 35mm steel legs so its not gonna flex a whole bunch

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
wellsy wrote:
canuck3 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Whenyou are run by a company like sram you better be making good forks....still think they dont compare to fox.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
canuck3 wrote:
wellsy wrote:
canuck3 wrote:

Whenyou are run by a company like sram you better be making good forks....still think they dont compare to fox.

That's all personal opinion. Can't say a boxxer is better than a 40, it's all in what you want.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 23:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:
canuck3 wrote:
wellsy wrote:

That's all personal opinion. Can't say a boxxer is better than a 40, it's all in what you want.

Not really....if your basing that statment off the fact that more world cups are won on a boxxer then a 40 then you are stupid. Sram has way more money therefore way more sponsored atheletes. But I could be wrong and you could have ridden both......

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
I have a Lyrik 2 step, and yes, they HAD 2step problems, but Sram has it fixed now.

The Mission control damper is sick. The fork is nice and stiff, and matched up to a hadley and 823 in the front is simply perfect. I couldnt ask for more in a fork.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 2:51 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
I have a Lyrik 2 step, and yes, they HAD 2step problems, but Sram has it fixed now.

The Mission control damper is sick. The fork is nice and stiff, and matched up to a hadley and 823 in the front is simply perfect. I couldnt ask for more in a fork.
rock shox rocks my sox

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013842
Mobile Version of Website