Shimano Zee Groupo

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Shimano Zee Groupo
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 1:29 Quote
His cassette will be a 8 spd. Does it still work?
I was using a SRAM X9 10sp derailleur on a 8 sp cassette + trigger, was working great too but since i had many issues with SRAM derailleurs I went for Shimano Zee which is very cheap in japan.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 2:45 Quote
got an issue with my 3 ride old front Zee hub...
im using it with 2014 boxxers, when i tighten the thru bolt its as if it squeezes the hub together and restricts the spin. it has to be something to do with the tightening cus it spins freely when the thru bolt isnt tight!! and i've tested it without the caliper mounted so its not a disk rub issue!

anyone had this issue? got any suggestions?

cheers

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
hartwellben wrote:
got an issue with my 3 ride old front Zee hub...
im using it with 2014 boxxers, when i tighten the thru bolt its as if it squeezes the hub together and restricts the spin. it has to be something to do with the tightening cus it spins freely when the thru bolt isnt tight!! and i've tested it without the caliper mounted so its not a disk rub issue!

anyone had this issue? got any suggestions?

cheers

At 3 rides old I'd assume things need to break in. But also check your hubs..its a cup and cone system and with adjustments and maintenance they should last you a really long time

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
Is it worth 100 bucks to get a saint brakeset over the zee? I am asking purely from a power/modulation standpoint. I don't care about the reach adjust.

Posted: May 3, 2014 at 18:25 Quote
No.

Modulation will most likely differ slightly with Saint having a different Lever. Saint is specced to shed a bit more heat (paint, longer banjo's, hose?, and bladder expansion system) but really, it's all only to provide those marginally picky gains top people would look for. All the main stuff including ceramic pistons and caliper design is identical.

As far as raw power output, both are same or Zee is just a hair higher if I heard correctly. Also, you can do small mods that allow free-stroke adjust (small screw replacing the cover) and a cut out knob in place of the tool adjust reach (not even a big deal).

sidenote: Biggest thing you can do to gain straight out power/heat performance is to switch to a much better hydraulic mineral oil (Pentosin..do research).

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016199
Mobile Version of Website