New to bmx , need new tyres .... what are the best for street and park ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
New to bmx , need new tyres .... what are the best for street and park ?
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 12:03 Quote
prk1rider wrote:
norcorider20 wrote:
prk1rider wrote:
the tom white walls?

yes...you can also get them with out the actual whitewall to it too.. but i love that plus about them.. i use to run glh r tires for years but since i switched to tww they have lasted way longer and they just hold up to everything me and all my friends ride them they last forever
ill have to try them sometime :-)

they are worth it. i ride brakeless and i ride alot.
and i am going onto the second full season with out even having to look at buying new tires.. they still look new. i even ride dirt with these tires and they hold speed very nicely

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
I found them along with animal glh-r and duo gunnar tyres to be utter shit, slipped on absoloutly everything even fairly rough tarmac and i found the rotational weight made my bike feel really sluggish they dont puncture often though, my favourite tyres are demo momentums and fit fafs for all around fiding and if you only ride park khes are decent too

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 13:25 Quote
Joedavidson wrote:
I found them along with animal glh-r and duo gunnar tyres to be utter shit, slipped on absoloutly everything even fairly rough tarmac and i found the rotational weight made my bike feel really sluggish they dont puncture often though, my favourite tyres are demo momentums and fit fafs for all around fiding and if you only ride park khes are decent too
so far my favourite tire of all time are the demolition momentoms and the wtp feelin. and ive road the fit faf,odyssey aitken,odyssey path,maxxis grifter,premium refuse resist. right now im riding a momentom on the front and the demoliton zepplin on the back there both amazing tires

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 7:11 Quote
ive been riding momentums in the front and back, they grip well, front tire after one season is fine, back one has almost no tread left. Anyone try demolition machetes?

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 18:49 Quote
Machete is great on he front but a little to dirt style for the back.
I ride Momentum in the back 2.20 and Machete in the front with no pegs 5 months in and minimum wear and I ride park and dirt mostly 3 to 5 days a week

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 19:24 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://image.trucktrend.com/f/roadtests/performance/163_1106_grave_digger_ride_video/36993954/grave-digger-side-view-in-motion.jpg

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
i found that the cult vans tires are great for street and park because i have an indoor park close to me, Joyride 150, and ive ridden them on the pump track and my buddy was training me and he said i was sliding but i couldnt feel it so, for the amount of tread there is great grip and they are just over all awesome tires they retail for about $41 and i would reccomend them to anybody

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 0:03 Quote
Maxxis Grifters rock. Super light, fast and responsive. Tad expensive though.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
stuartsokolow12 wrote:
i found that the cult vans tires are great for street and park because i have an indoor park close to me, Joyride 150, and ive ridden them on the pump track and my buddy was training me and he said i was sliding but i couldnt feel it so, for the amount of tread there is great grip and they are just over all awesome tires they retail for about $41 and i would reccomend them to anybody

Really? Anybody I've ever heard talk about the Vans has done so in such a negative light. It's most likely due to people claiming it being a, 'trend' but who cares what others say. I've ridden everything from expensive kevlar's to cheap throwaway tires one of the local shops gave me because they weren't selling. Fit FAF's rank up there, but I'm riding WTP Grippins which are okay. The Shadow Conspiracy is supposed to have some new 'great' tire which I'll probably try. I don't think I've ever owned more than one pair of tires twice except for FAF's though.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
Dirtyfoot87 wrote:
stuartsokolow12 wrote:

Really? Anybody I've ever heard talk about the Vans has done so in such a negative light. It's most likely due to people claiming it being a, 'trend' but who cares what others say. I've ridden everything from expensive kevlar's to cheap throwaway tires one of the local shops gave me because they weren't selling. Fit FAF's rank up there, but I'm riding WTP Grippins which are okay. The Shadow Conspiracy is supposed to have some new 'great' tire which I'll probably try. I don't think I've ever owned more than one pair of tires twice except for FAF's though.

I have ridden the faf tires and love them I rode them and the animal tww tires but I found those tend have the tubber peel up and you get the base layer, but I like my cult vans I find they are great for street riding and park

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029876
Mobile Version of Website