How many Mississauga riders are there?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
How many Mississauga riders are there?
O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
Mississaugagunnut wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I am looking forward to Kelso on Tuesdays and the weather was a little too cold and wet for me in regards to the Turkey Point ride.
I have been doing a little trail maintenance along pipe hill and trying to stay off the muddy trails. It’s killing me!!!
erindale is good to ride any weather

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
I use to live in Mississauga years ago, like 27 years ago. Back when Erindale park was a free for all! I actually rode my dirt bike there! Still have family that lives in the Burnhamthorpe Credit Woodlands area. Just wondering if there are any decent, easy to find trails to ride in the area.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
bags1 wrote:
I use to live in Mississauga years ago, like 27 years ago. Back when Erindale park was a free for all! I actually rode my dirt bike there! Still have family that lives in the Burnhamthorpe Credit Woodlands area. Just wondering if there are any decent, easy to find trails to ride in the area.
there is a decent ride at erindale if you know the trails and how to piece it all together. I ride there almost everyday if you want a tour lmk

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
I start at the Riverwood conservancy and do a few loops around and under 403 toward the challenge park (which isn't really there anymore).

Then head south along the river to the XC loop by Gallager drive. Steep climb up to the loop.
They aren't really in trailforks, but their are segments in Strava.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
Two Mississauga riders checking in here. I'm a novice but my partner has been riding for many years. We're in the Meadowvale area and always looking for new people to ride with Smile

O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Anyone know what's the situation at Kelso this year? It's been a few years since I've been able to get out there, but getting a new car soon and want to check it out!

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
Anyone know what's the situation at Kelso this year? It's been a few years since I've been able to get out there, but getting a new car soon and want to check it out!
its still there running well
Added a couple trails

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Going to don valley for the first time can anyone recommend the best place to park a best trails to ride

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
I think pottery rd entrance is blocked off, so loblaws parking lot probably best place, or down into e.t. seton park.

Use trailforks and explore.
The flats, the ridge, sanitation plant and pottery rd good to start.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
Reviving the challenge park discussion, does anyone know why the city took it down?

Maybe organize a group effort by contacting youllocal councillor to get the park revived?

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:51 Quote
Lifexpert wrote:
Reviving the challenge park discussion, does anyone know why the city took it down?

Maybe organize a group effort by contacting youllocal councillor to get the park revived?
I rode through there when going to the credit river trails and i saw that right side of the land is getting some new water or gas pipes and by pipes i mean like those pipes that welders weld together they are quite big, so they might be doing that to the left side as well, all that remains in the park is some single track and that trail in the forest by the left side near the highway.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
Some dipsh1ts burned a lot of it.
The wooden structures were removed because they were unusable.
They were never replaced.
That was quite a few years ago.

I still ride along the 403 fence and back along the jumps, but the construction and overgrown grass is not great right now.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
Hi Mississauga Riders,
I am looking to get a core group of people together who are interested in building/maintaining trails in Mississauga. I know there aren't many undeveloped areas left but would like to take a crack at getting permission to build where we can. I am (newly) on the Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee and if we can show some appetite for more trails we just might get them!

I see many other cities, not dissimilar to ours, who have made the best of what they have and think we can too. PM me for more details

thanks

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Anybody have a spoke threading tool i could borrow (can pay) re lacing some rims and a few spokes are to long or too short.

https://www.wheelfanatyk.com/store/hozan-spoke-threading-tool/

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:20 Quote
@kranked350z call up meadowvale bike services, hes a small home based bike service who does cheap repairs and builds wheels. He might have one but can't say for sure

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014176
Mobile Version of Website