7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
alinelover wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
are you sure? ive heard from many people that large companies use machines to built their bikes (not meaning robots) because there is such a high demand that they cant keep up. btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both

yeah I am sure..I have friends working in Taiwan and the States in the bike industry Wink

Specialized's Demo7 certainly gets my vote...awesome rig if build from a frame upwards as a custom build

Transition have great kudos and are seen as "cool" but their frame quality, tubeset and suspension system design is primitive compared to Specialized Eek

thats a dirty lie!!!! or a very uncommon opinion Smile

i dont think it is an uncommon opinion....thats why you dont see a transition section on here but you see a specialized

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:06 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
are you sure? ive heard from many people that large companies use machines to built their bikes (not meaning robots) because there is such a high demand that they cant keep up. btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both

yeah I am sure..I have friends working in Taiwan and the States in the bike industry Wink

Specialized's Demo7 certainly gets my vote...awesome rig if build from a frame upwards as a custom build

Transition have great kudos and are seen as "cool" but their frame quality, tubeset and suspension system design is primitive compared to Specialized Eek

i dont think it is an uncommon opinion....thats why you dont see a transition section on here but you see a specialized

cus transition is samll and specialized is one of the biggest in the world. its popular. starbucks is also popular, and starbucks isnt that good. not saying specialized isnt good. theyre a great company that has made it big in the industry. but transition from my experiance has better bikes. ive ridden a demo 7 and a bottle rocket, and a blindside, and an sx trail all on real quality riding and transition wins for me

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:14 Quote
alinelover wrote:
cus transition is samll and specialized is one of the biggest in the world. its popular. starbucks is also popular, and starbucks isnt that good. not saying specialized isnt good. theyre a great company that has made it big in the industry. but transition from my experiance has better bikes. ive ridden a demo 7 and a bottle rocket, and a blindside, and an sx trail all on real quality riding and transition wins for me

Well I can pee onto a roof if I try. So there.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:29 Quote
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:

yes but you also own a transition and ride it all the time...riding a bike a couple times thats set up for someone else doesnt mean shit. Ride each one of those bikes for a month straight so there set up exactly for you (frame size, sag ,high/low compresssion ,rebound ect.) without riding yours then give your opinion. Until you do that your just a 13 yr old defending the faith in the bike you own and what you think is the "Popular opinion" or the "In thing"

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
Why not try a TURNER Highline...7 or 8" of travel and handmade in the USA. Customer service is 2nd to none. I speak from experience...currenlty riding a six pack, but longing for a Highline myself. I also looked into the Blindside which is pretty sick, but a little heavier and not as proven design. Both would be great bikes, but if you have the dough I think the USA made Turner would get my vote. Good luck.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:

specialized is the biggest next to giant
specialized being starbuck (yuck)
giant being tim hortons

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:50 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
giant being tim hortons

Spec is bigger than Giant.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
Mine's bigger than yours. Now shut the hell up.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
giant being tim hortons

actually spec is the biggest next to giant but a very very close 2nd...and you shouldnt get down on "starbucks", cuz timmies isnt very good eitherWink

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 14:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
giant being tim hortons

giant accualy produces quete a few frames for other companises (kona for example)

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
sherbet wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
giant being tim hortons

giant accualy produces quete a few frames for other companises (kona for example)

No they don't. Giant bicycles in Taiwan which is a COMPLETELY different company does.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

giant being tim hortons

not true. i know the guy who thought of the name for trek and trek is the beiggest company in the world

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 16:44 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
alinelover wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:

yes but you also own a transition and ride it all the time...riding a bike a couple times thats set up for someone else doesnt mean shit. Ride each one of those bikes for a month straight so there set up exactly for you (frame size, sag ,high/low compresssion ,rebound ect.) without riding yours then give your opinion. Until you do that your just a 13 yr old defending the faith in the bike you own and what you think is the "Popular opinion" or the "In thing"

my guess is you havnt tried out bikes like that so shut up. and dont judge me for being thirteen. i get enough of that bullshit

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 17:37 Quote
alinelover wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
alinelover wrote:

giant being tim hortons

not true. i know the guy who thought of the name for trek and trek is the beiggest company in the world
... wrong! in teh 60's-70's giant was one of the only frame porducers.. to make mor eprofit they made there own brand of giant bikes.. if i am correct treck is a sub division of giant as are several other companies.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
alinelover wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

giant being tim hortons

... wrong! in teh 60's-70's giant was one of the only frame porducers.. to make mor eprofit they made there own brand of giant bikes.. if i am correct treck is a sub division of giant as are several other companies.

trek is their own company bub Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016502
Mobile Version of Website