All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)
Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
any tips on improving endurance/fitness? also, how long are most climb/transfer segments in most enduro races?

When it hurts, give it all you got. and then more. Don't stop because it hurts. Stop because you are about to faint. hahahaha! Ok that is really shit training advice... but it's how I work. Even if it hurts just keep going!

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
any tips on improving endurance/fitness? also, how long are most climb/transfer segments in most enduro races?

When it hurts, give it all you got. and then more. Don't stop because it hurts. Stop because you are about to faint. hahahaha! Ok that is really shit training advice... but it's how I work. Even if it hurts just keep going!

Kinda true, sprint till you puke.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 17:31 Quote
Giladgu wrote:

I think your best bet to improve will have to involve high intensity interval training (HIIT) and a lot of single leg squats and deadlifts. HIIT will improve your cardiovascular endurance greatly while lower body workout will increase power and muscle endurance. Don't forget to round out your workout with some upper body exercises especially those that focus on forearm strength. That's what is going to keep you holding on to your bars. I also think yoga will benefit you greatly with maintaining balance and body movement on the bike.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
Thanks for the help guys. I have a race coming up in 3 weeks and I need to get ready

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 19:45 Quote
LoganKeen wrote:
JacobSpera wrote:
LoganKeen wrote:

I'm not sure but I was lucky enough to race retallack this past weekend and it was so amazing!

that race looked wicked fun! Wishing there were more blind races out there

those blind races are really fun but soo hard

I rode a stage blind at my last race and it was a blast! I dont really think practice would of helped me out too much since it rained the night before and it was a morning stage.

A majority of the trails I ride blind and I try to ride them as fast as I can so it would just be another day on the trails but against the clock.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 5:28 Quote
PapaGordo wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

I think your best bet to improve will have to involve high intensity interval training (HIIT) and a lot of single leg squats and deadlifts. HIIT will improve your cardiovascular endurance greatly while lower body workout will increase power and muscle endurance. Don't forget to round out your workout with some upper body exercises especially those that focus on forearm strength. That's what is going to keep you holding on to your bars. I also think yoga will benefit you greatly with maintaining balance and body movement on the bike.

50% of your training should be aerobic. This could be a road or mtb ride and your pulse should stay somewhere between 130-150. This should also include weight lifting with you oen body mass such as mentioned above and box jumps etc. Once you have your basic condition on a reasonable level that is when you can start doing anaerobic training.
Kinda hard to explain these things as I don't know the terms in English Big Grin
Like I said, once your fitness is at a reasonable level you can start doing training with pulse somewhere between 150-170. Of course, the practices will get shorter because you can't handle the amount of lactate in your blood.
The last stage is the maximal training. Pulse should be 180->. Intervals are good for this type of training.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I have a race coming up in 3 weeks and I need to get ready

Train road + MTB.

Try training with power ?

Road: Find out your FTP and do some 2 x 20's (I find this to be the golden interval which raises your FTP), Tabata protocol (HIIT), long steady miles & other intervals that fits your schedule/discipline be it for endurance, sprinting and etc.

MTB: Hit challenging trails to work on your technique, aerobic threshold & endurance.

Otherwise, the most important tool to this = plenty of rest in between.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
are you typically allowed to fill up water between stages? or do you need to carry all the water for the whole day on you?

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
are you typically allowed to fill up water between stages? or do you need to carry all the water for the whole day on you?
Where I race you can fill up on race day, but on the Saturday practice you can't. I bring about 2l with me.

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 13:58 Quote
Hey guys I'm doing a project for school if you wouldn't mind checking this out here. Thanks a million! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 14:03 Quote
Knolly Warden
  Knolly Warden

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 14:06 Quote
Nice but what's with the non-drive side crank with the green?

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Reflection from the bike

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 14:13 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
What? Left crank arm? That is the reflection off the frame....

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013728
Mobile Version of Website