All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)
Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 4:02 Quote
Hi guys,
I'm thinking about putting a Monarch XX shock an my Conway WME for the races in Belgium an Germany where there are a lot of short nasty sprints/uphills in the stages.
I'll try to get a Debonair aircan for it.
Does anyone have any experience with this shock? I have heard that the damping is not the best on rough stuff, but I suppose that it is better than the one I get from riding my Monarch Plus in the Med compression setting the entire stage...

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
i ride my plus in the meduim setting most of the time, i like the harder compression damping it gives together with a supple beginning stroke, it floats over most stuff at speed. i was riding it in the open most of the time until recently i changed my riding style a bit Smile

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 15:19 Quote
brigand wrote:
i ride my plus in the meduim setting most of the time, i like the harder compression damping it gives together with a supple beginning stroke, it floats over most stuff at speed. i was riding it in the open most of the time until recently i changed my riding style a bit Smile

Because moto?

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 6:12 Quote
brigand wrote:

I don't like the feeling of the medium setting over successive small bumps, I tend to loose tracktion there.
I won't be able to get a monarch XX anyway, it is not sold in 216/63, there was a mistake on SRAMs website...

Maybe I'll try to build a DIY remote lock

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 8:35 Quote
i was thinking that too...

i preffer compression over putting volume spacer kits, compression gives away on big bumps, air can't do that.. i think i'm going to try to make the comp harder in my fork, i was running the HSC maxed, i tried lower air volume but it gives less suport and just adds bottom out imo

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
What do you guys think of the transition bandit 27.5?

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 1:32 Quote
Just got a pair of XT M8000 brakes. Feel great in the parking lot. Testing them on Saturday.
Anybody got some experience?

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
What do you guys think of the transition bandit 27.5?
it looks awesome!

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 16:02 Quote
Just found out I havent posted my Enduro guide anywhere.
Ti bolts, carbon backplate.
73 grams, without mounting hardware.
How do you like it?
Shovel Enduro carbon chainguide. 73 grams. Ti bolts

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 16:05 Quote
numeros wrote:
Just found out I havent posted my Enduro guide anywhere.
Ti bolts, carbon backplate.
73 grams, without mounting hardware.
How do you like it?
Shovel Enduro carbon chainguide. 73 grams. Ti bolts

this looks awesome!

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
JonGales wrote:
Just got a pair of XT M8000 brakes. Feel great in the parking lot. Testing them on Saturday.
Anybody got some experience?

I've ran XT's not too long ago with the metal icetech pads on the icetech rotors, I liked them, they are strong and if you get the levers set up to your liking they can have pretty good modulation for how powerful the initial bite is. I am now running hope race e4's on my enduro bike and I like the modulation better and find them to be plenty powerful. Not sure I could go back to shimano's for their insane initial power but I used to like that about them. Anyhow, that's my experience. btw when I was running them I ran the levers very close to the bars and very far in so just my index finger was on them, if you do this make sure they are bleed correctly so you get a good consistent lever, I noticed my lever would get further away from the bar when they got real hot sometimes but that wouldn't happen that much.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 7:44 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/12/16/3030/s1200_1623639_10154461533778266_3448359830955544842_n.jpgIn case you guys didn't see the news.

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2015/12/16/3030/s1200_1623639_10154461533778266_3448359830955544842_n.jpgIn case you guys didn't see the news.
nooooooooooooooooooo!!! Out of all the teams he could have been on, he chooses special Ed

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
Because Retirement matters.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
Graves will perform regardless of what he's on. I agree though, it's an interesting turn of events, glad he's going to get paid. Interested to see how much the Enduro is changed as a result of his influence.

Curious to see what Yeti is doing 2016 season for EWS and riders in general. They have been a great funnel for riders to grow from and have success in their cycling careers.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015995
Mobile Version of Website