Helmets and BMX

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Helmets and BMX
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 at 23:23 Quote
Alright. Who out there wears a helmet? Like most bmxers that wear a helmet, I wear a Pro-Tec Bucky with the super comfy 2-stage foam. I always knew it "wasn't as safe" but took the risk due to comfort. After watching this video I now reliese that I was pretty much wearing a cotton toque to protect my head.

Just want to share this with everyone. I personally know of two people who have passed away in the last year due to had injuries (one bmxer, one skateboarder) and I'm sure I am not the only one.

#orderinganewhelmet

"Certified vs Non-Certified Bicycle Helmet Impact Test with Mike "Hucker" Clark and Chad Kerley"

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 8:14 Quote
Personally helmets aren't for me. I've got a pro-tec funnily enough, but only wore it a handful of times at parks where they're mandatory and hated it each time. I'd say they're good for kids or riders who are going big, but I'm more of a nibbly street and park rider and I've spent the last 10 years falling off bikes so I'm pretty good at landing on my squishy parts Wink

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 8:58 Quote
Brett fell from far higher than 1 metere and according to the information in that video should be dead about three times over, same as the guy who bailed the aussie roll from about 15 feet up wearing a bucky lasek, neither of them are dead. mike Aitken also hit his head far harder than they believe is survivable yet he is riding again, im not saying the video is incorrect however i am fairly sceptical about the validity of it

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 9:46 Quote
i got a tripple eights helmet. its pretty much the same as the pro tec. this is kinda creepy. still your better off wearing any helmet then none

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 12:26 Quote
I wear a Pro Tec B2 Bike, and it is CPSC certified

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 16:18 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1779425/

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 23:20 Quote
i always ride with a helmet , they save my life so many time ...

when you nose case a proline jump ( bmx race track ) its fun to have a helmet haha !

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 6:10 Quote
Im using a Protec Classic, but Ive had it for years now so considering reading this I need a new one lol Anybody know if the Sixsixone Dirtlid is a good choice??

Posted: Dec 27, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
My protec bucky lasek is good but Im not hitting huge jumps,mostly because I dont have any very close but its fine for park and street so I just keep using itSmile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009894
Mobile Version of Website