The Video Discussion Board.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Video Discussion Board.
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 14:30 Quote
killakanz wrote:
skinna wrote:
just to let everyone know the lumberyard is dope
Yes Skinner, we know that you got to go ride it with the psbmx team. Now make a video or stop talking about it here.
will be dropping on vital in the near future

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 23:06 Quote
https://vimeo.com/7862715

This shit is really amazing. Shame he dropped off the map after the Trip video.

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 7:03 Quote
I really like watching these Unexpected thursday videos, I think they're super easy to watch, no technical editing, just basic and cool really.

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 8:14 Quote
Wow, Atmosphere! Haven't heard him in some time. Liking the video,

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 14:24 Quote
ive watched evey one of those videos, some a few times each. so awsome, just chill riding

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 5:14 Quote
Gonna try to get this thread going again.
I found this video very interesting from an editing standpoint, Something I have never seen done in a split edit. I really liked the idea. I did notice a mistake when Pete hands Jason his bike but other transitions like the high five or the bunny hop over the camera where spot on IMO. The riding it self is nuts but the filming, editing and song worked very well.

https://vimeo.com/56525033

Watch the video before reading this part.

To start off I find Jason's speed at everything is crazy, huge rails and gaps. Tricking down 15 sets going full speed in lines ect... But than you have the tech of Pete, which I find is complemented nicely by the coaster. Coaster riding for me is so hit and miss, I find it really easy to become "cheesy" but still love watching guys like karl pointer(older stuff) and charlie crumlish, but than there are guys like pete and zach kremjas(sp?) who just keep it simple and clean. Perfect example is Petes line right around 1:00.
I'm really into how pete does so many oppo spins because they look super nice, especially those footplant oppo 360s he does. I also find he has an eye for nice lines, pegs drop manny the little down ledge. Wall to bench to oppo 180 and he does it all with a super fresh new school style.

Back to Jason, His tires to bar on that big kinked ledge was awesome, I love a good ledge ride and that was the right ledge to do it on. Also his oppo bar the set to bar the next set was huge and he almost took a nasty slam into that building. His massive fire cracker down those stairs was also out of hand, going down on that would be...very bad to say the least, but that ender....just wow.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 10:13 Quote
posting to sub, this seems like an awesome thread.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 10:31 Quote
I really enjoyed that. The whole Colour/B&W worked really well. I find that is one downfall of many colab videos. It can get confusing as to who did what, Especially with many modern street riders having quite similar styles and set ups. But that really worked. The riding was off the hook too. And that ender. Holy crap that was huge.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 10:51 Quote
Not much to say that you two haven't said already, other than I loved it. Such a sick combo, Jason's madman charging, and then Pete's perfect tech giving you a chance to catch your breath.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 11:44 Quote
Round of applause for our very own Ian Fleming for getting props from TCU for his DSLR filming.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Round of applause for our very own Ian Fleming for getting props from TCU for his DSLR filming.
Just saw that, super nice work. Also some sick riding by ian.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 12:00 Quote
I've never really been a Fan of DSLR filming. but Business totally changed my opinion on that. One of the best BMX DVD's out there. Everyone with $10 spare should go buy a copy.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
26street-swaagg wrote:
Gonna try to get this thread going again.
I found this video very interesting from an editing standpoint, Something I have never seen done in a split edit. I really liked the idea. I did notice a mistake when Pete hands Jason his bike but other transitions like the high five or the bunny hop over the camera where spot on IMO. The riding it self is nuts but the filming, editing and song worked very well.

https://vimeo.com/56525033

Watch the video before reading this part.

To start off I find Jason's speed at everything is crazy, huge rails and gaps. Tricking down 15 sets going full speed in lines ect... But than you have the tech of Pete, which I find is complemented nicely by the coaster. Coaster riding for me is so hit and miss, I find it really easy to become "cheesy" but still love watching guys like karl pointer(older stuff) and charlie crumlish, but than there are guys like pete and zach kremjas(sp?) who just keep it simple and clean. Perfect example is Petes line right around 1:00.
I'm really into how pete does so many oppo spins because they look super nice, especially those footplant oppo 360s he does. I also find he has an eye for nice lines, pegs drop manny the little down ledge. Wall to bench to oppo 180 and he does it all with a super fresh new school style.

Back to Jason, His tires to bar on that big kinked ledge was awesome, I love a good ledge ride and that was the right ledge to do it on. Also his oppo bar the set to bar the next set was huge and he almost took a nasty slam into that building. His massive fire cracker down those stairs was also out of hand, going down on that would be...very bad to say the least, but that ender....just wow.

good post, this is exactly what i think a good video looks like. clean second angles, the feeling of the spots are consistantly well set and re-set, not too much f*cking around (though f*cking around and super lifestyly videos can be nice and i've done it, you know what i mean). like i think videos like this are perfect. the attention is drawn to whats going on and how you should be feeling about it. wont go into the color changing thing but i like it and think it was clever, kinda sad i didn't think of it first.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
harry-h wrote:
I've never really been a Fan of DSLR filming. but Business totally changed my opinion on that. One of the best BMX DVD's out there. Everyone with $10 spare should go buy a copy.

awwwwwwww oh you Redface

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
harry-h wrote:

awwwwwwww oh you Redface
I'm going to take this time to say i'm a big fan, of your filming and riding. That over chain feeble and the feeble to nose tap out where super sick man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.052175
Mobile Version of Website