Graffiti Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Graffiti Thread
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 11:41 Quote
Whats funny about copying some on else?

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 11:42 Quote
i kind of agree with never on this, at least if you're gonna stencil pick one that hasnt been done especially to a major scale like the andre one

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 11:44 Quote
No like putting no diving stencils at the skate bowl. That's what I meant by humor.

I ripped up my Andre stencil in a rage fit and don't feel like cutting him out again.

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 11:52 Quote
what about a pulp fiction stencil? like samuel l jacksons crazy face

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 11:56 Quote
Making that into a stencil seems hard, but I'll try it right now.

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 21:11 Quote
Just got around to it now. It's going to be hell to cut out. Ignore the two splotches on the ends. I'll erase those now that I'm thinking about it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 3:09 Quote
You have to simplify it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 3:32 Quote
I'm probably going to make his afro one big black splotch, then get rid of the black in his arm.

I'm editing it right now. Seeing how simple I can make it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 3:53 Quote
What's wrong with complex stencils?
If anything it should be as complex as possible seeing how stencils are the laziest form of graf.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
What's wrong with them is watching the thing you spent hours cutting out get completely stuck to something and rip as you try to pull it off.

That and you need to account for a bit of overspray. Simplicity is most often best.

Wouldn't simply writing a tag be the laziest form of graffiti?

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 8:41 Quote
yes and no if your just do the tag and nothing else yes but if yuor using it as a building block to go on to do pieces then no. stenciling is lazy because theres no where to go on from it there is no development

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 8:48 Quote
True, yeah. At least I can satisfy myself with a stencil. Tagging always got me frustrated.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 11:17 Quote
Didn't have the patience to develop a legit hand? It takes years but ask anyone who has one its worth the time...
trozei wrote:
True, yeah. At least I can satisfy myself with a stencil. Tagging always got me frustrated.

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
mgm1 wrote:
trozei wrote:
Didn't have the patience to develop a legit hand? It takes years but ask anyone who has one its worth the time...
Read back a bit. I've been practicing for six or whatever years but I'm too much of a perfectionist, so my own work only frustrates me.

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 16:49 Quote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soekone/

its been awhile since i have been on here. ^^ thats my flickr, peep it if you want. i have been lacking in the paint department ALOT but still doing what i can

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005910
Mobile Version of Website