Post your DH/FR pics + General discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Post your DH/FR pics + General discussion thread
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 9:24 Quote
ive never understood why people get so anal about this crap here.. its not your life or your choice/decision..

i get the dirtiest looks out on the single track trails when im blasting by slow ass xc riders with no helmet, gears, or front brake.. gets annoying, fast.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
Because he has the stuff te begin with. Why not properly use it of you're wearing it? It's like walking for miles on rocks with your shoes on your hands as mittens. You're wearing it, but no properly. Hell it's not my life, but if I see a guy walking bearfoot on jaggedy rocks with his shoes on his hands I'd think he's pretty stupid. Doing downhill with a loose helmet is too.

Not hating on airmiller, but I don't get why people don't use things properly if they went through the ordeal of putting them on and wearing them.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 9:35 Quote
who knows. maybe he doesnt like the strap across his neck? i absolutely hate people touching my neck, so i could see that..

all im saying is that, everyone feels compelled here to jump one someones throat when theyre not wearing a helmet, or wearing it properly. miller is a big boy, he can make decisions for himself.

btw, glad to see that POD the other day with no helmet.. IMO, its not pb's job to 'set a good example' for the kids.. that is what parents/relatives are for. not everyone on this site is 12-16 Smile

edit:
if you want to 'set a good example', tell the damn kids to pick up their trash on the trail and not brake drag/skid through sh!t Wink

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 9:48 Quote
My local hill is a dump. On festives and weekends the towny people go there to picknick, camp and barabacue, and leave all their crap there. The lowest part of the hill is filled with garbage, and any time I see anybody littering I scold them. It really pisses me off. Many of the "mountainbikers" leave plastic water bottles by the downhill track. Sadly it's the low class throwing garbage.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
I always ride with the strap on sans that time, I had just given the camera guy my phone then hiked back up the mountain with helmet in hand to hit the quarter mile section. Just forgot to strap it this time mah bad not a conscious decision to not strap it.

its like 75 degrees out here and hiking up the hill gets hot so i was carrying it.

Ive got it strapped in all my other photos from that day

photo

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
szot123 wrote:
You spent money on the top of the line Leatt Brace (of 2012-13?), which many people think is unnecesarry, but you can't strap your helmet? I don't know if you always ride with the helmet loose, but hell incase of a crash the helmet will probably fall off your head hindering the Leatt Brace frickin useless. Confused

Sweet terrain you've got to ride by the way!

+1

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
Such a nice bike, and cool looking trail too! Smile Hoping to get my friend along with me next weekend, so maybe we'd even get a pic or two. Haven't got high hopes though, as he didn't want to ride last week when it around -5 degrees, so doubt he'll be too eager on riding in -20 degrees Razz

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 0:59 Quote
heres a jump at my local park in Auckland Nooo Zeeeeland!

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 16:52 Quote

not the biggest gap... but really fun

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/9345_10152122187503812_1588198469_n.jpgdifferent day, same jersey and short...

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 16:56 Quote
Jose you always post the same jumps and stuff!

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 16:58 Quote
I always hit the same jumps and stuff Razz that video is from yesterday, tho

sorry... I'm kinda bored

EDIT: is this step-up better? Razz

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1535425_10152169866628812_1580933274_n.jpg

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 17:20 Quote
Yup! tup Looking at the photos you post I always think you're Brazilian, because of the dirt and other stuff. Then I remember you're Colombian haha.

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 17:43 Quote
yeah... every time I ask a friend what trail does this video looks like, they say it's kinda like some local trail

Views: 4,459    Faves: 14    Comments: 5

local trail, sorry, only got the gopro that rainy day

Posted: Jan 24, 2014 at 1:42 Quote
first time riding freeride on the shine a few days ago. god damn this bike is fun! pics of the finished bike soon, but im completely stoked.

Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 12:05 Quote

Friends new edit on our local trail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014765
Mobile Version of Website