EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 1:47 Quote
Yea I've emailed them a few times but had nothing back. I assume if it does break they'll have to supply a complete new frame as there's no more parts available for Undead. Failure will suck though, such a sick bike.....which is why, even though they never email you back when the going gets tough, I would still consider an Insurgent.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 9:54 Quote
aminal wrote:
Yea I've emailed them a few times but had nothing back. I assume if it does break they'll have to supply a complete new frame as there's no more parts available for Undead. Failure will suck though, such a sick bike.....which is why, even though they never email you back when the going gets tough, I would still consider an Insurgent.
I've been e-mailing them for almost 5 months about mine, that's right that there's no parts for the undead and they are not making them anymore. The bikes are awesome but customer service and a lot of bad press gives the company a bad name, evil by name evil by nature.

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 0:04 Quote
The Evil Undead is DEAD!
There has been no support for the Undead frame in over a year, this means, no parts whatsoever, including swing arms, pivots, and front triangles. Zero zilch dead!

Sorry but if you want to get parts better hope the new bikes they sell have parts that are compatible, or someone is willing to part out there Undead.
I spoke with Evil summer of 2015 and they made it clear that they killed off there last DH model because of frame mnf plant FUP's in Asia. Thats about three times they ran into production problems with the Undead.
I think it is one the best looking bikes ever made and probably ever will be, however the first time I saw the linkage I knew it was a gimmicky idea that would never holdup, unless one had an never ending supply of swingarms and linkages.

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 2:28 Quote
Fifty50Grip wrote:
The Evil Undead is DEAD!
There has been no support for the Undead frame in over a year, this means, no parts whatsoever, including swing arms, pivots, and front triangles. Zero zilch dead!

Sorry but if you want to get parts better hope the new bikes they sell have parts that are compatible, or someone is willing to part out there Undead.
I spoke with Evil summer of 2015 and they made it clear that they killed off there last DH model because of frame mnf plant FUP's in Asia. Thats about three times they ran into production problems with the Undead.
I think it is one the best looking bikes ever made and probably ever will be, however the first time I saw the linkage I knew it was a gimmicky idea that would never holdup, unless one had an never ending supply of swingarms and linkages.
Yes I agree the undead is dead and what are left are sadly on deaths doorstep, no parts mean a short lifespan for a dh bike, a bike that still draws attention every time I ride it and people always comment on how they would love to own one !!!! If the warranty issues were dealt with in the same way that people love the look and ride quality of the bike there wouldn't be so much bad press about the company

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 2:32 Quote
paulstoddy wrote:
Fifty50Grip wrote:
The Evil Undead is DEAD!

Yes I agree the undead is dead and what are left are sadly on deaths doorstep, no parts mean a short lifespan for a dh bike, a bike that still draws attention every time I ride it and people always comment on how they would love to own one !!!! If the warranty issues were dealt with in the same way that people love the look and ride quality of the bike there wouldn't be so much bad press about the company

I think i'm one of the only people never to have had a problem with mine. I had the foresight to buy a complete spare linkage and rebuild kit at the time just in case anything goes wrong.
Since i've picked up a Tues now aswell it means i can give the Undead an easier life from now on.
I still find myself thinking just how beautiful the bike is and it rides awesome, but yeah don't expect any help from Evil the bunch of c*nts

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 4:49 Quote
Hello guys!

I analysed the EVIL Undead suspension, and I guess that you would like to know it Smile

Bye

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 5:16 Quote
The Undead does feel similar in most areas to the Tues CF which is what your analysis shows aswell. Good info man.

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
I need a rear axle for mine has anyone got one spare or nowhere I can get one from????????????????????????

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 23:12 Quote
Have anyone experienced a crack in the front triangle, in the left side of the rear shock aperture?Confused

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 1:06 Quote
How do people get on with there chain line? I'm running a 10sp and when in my highest gear my chain so close to the chain stay I'll post a pic up later, just want to no if anyone has the same issue
Thanks

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 1:07 Quote
AiTHORX wrote:
Have anyone experienced a crack in the front triangle, in the left side of the rear shock aperture?Confused
Got any pics of the crack?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
AiTHORX wrote:

Yes. I cracked mine when I missed a landing on a very large drop at the old rampage site. Evil replaced it pretty promptly. Now, It doesn't sound like anything is available.

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 5:37 Quote
tpersons wrote:
AiTHORX wrote:

Yes. I cracked mine when I missed a landing on a very large drop at the old rampage site. Evil replaced it pretty promptly. Now, It doesn't sound like anything is available.

Front triangle in two pieces? Or just a light crack. I have panic to those front triangles that separates in two Cry

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 9:22 Quote
jam78 wrote:
I need a rear axle for mine has anyone got one spare or nowhere I can get one from????????????????????????
You will be lucky to find a new rear axle, the undead has not been in production for about a year now and production of all other bikes has changed factory so no parts are getting made for the undead and have been hard to find for a long time

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
AiTHORX wrote:
tpersons wrote:
AiTHORX wrote:

Front triangle in two pieces? Or just a light crack. I have panic to those front triangles that separates in two Cry

No just a small crack. I caught it rebuilding my bike a few months after. I never rode it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011251
Mobile Version of Website