EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 21:30 Quote
Anybody do research on replacement bolts and parts they want to share.

Here are some things I have been told not sure of accuracy but the rear mech hanger is the same as the revolt

If that is the case North Shore Billet currently makes one so that could be used for a replacement or maybe they would start making them for the undead.

http://northshorebillet.com/collections/derailleur-hangers/products/evil-revolt-derailleur-hanger

Front Shock bolts real world cycling makes or has an adapted kit that will work

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id485.html

I have also been told that the Front Shock bolt is the same as the revolt. I have one coming and can follow up if that fits.

The rear Shock bolt has been more elusive but I have found that the Uprising Lower Shock Bolt can be used if you can find one. I have also sourced a stainless steel shoulder bolt that will work for a replacement. Does anyone know the tensile strength of the rear shock bolt?

One area of concern are what evil call H-bolts that easily break if over tightened. Anyone know what the real world would call something like that searched other sources and couldn't find a suitable replacement.

If we can put sources like this up it could keep the non cracked evil frames from hanging on the wall.

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 21:41 Quote
after reading all this mess I'm so happy i got rid of my undead early on

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 1:35 Quote
Any of you boys know if the swing arm on a medium frame is the same as on a large? Looking at buying second hand frame to keep mine going.

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 11:41 Quote
aminal wrote:
Any of you boys know if the swing arm on a medium frame is the same as on a large? Looking at buying second hand frame to keep mine going.

Yes the rear triangles are the same.
Evil had no more large front triangles so the gave me a medium for warranty replacement and had me keep my rear swingarm.

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 19:55 Quote
Mean! Cheers man!

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
I'm thinking about buying an Undead frame. I know, I know... probably most of you guys would say I'm crazy, but I'm a proud Revolt owner, so I know what I will probably go through and hope I will be able to keep the frame running like I'm doing with the Revolt.
Questions are:
- my Revolt is a Small, I'm 1.72 (5ft 7.7in) and I feel good. As far as I know, the Undead has the exact same geometry as the Revolt (even the Delta System should be the same). Would you pick a Small or go for a Medium?
- other than those cracks on the rear triangle, what should I check before buying?
- everything from my Revolt should mount perfectly on the Undead, right? (bottom bracket, shock mounts...)
- what's the hight of the head tube? I cut the fork steerer tube quite short on my Revolt.
Thanks a lot

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 6:40 Quote
Early frames had alot of bearing proboems too I think, i would go medium but that is just me, is a cheap on on pb from canada

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 2:48 Quote
The undead frame differs a bit from the revolt. For example, the shock mounts to the frame, and as @christiaan mentioned the stock spherical bearings might develop some play. I bought a new set of better bearings from enduro bearings, but not sure if they´re still for sale.

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 3:54 Quote
Thanks guys.

christiaan, I know about the bearings, my Revolt has the same problem, more or less, so I'm used to clean or replace bearings on a regular basis, that wouldn't be the problem.
I checked the Undead size chart and I would definitely be on the M side, more than on S.
Canada is definitely too far, but there's a nice one from a seller in UK...

NoiNPO, I think the shock is mounted the same way on both frames, directly onto the swing arm on one side and to the Delta System leverages on the other. Delta System's links and leverages should work the same, should have the same dimensions but different shapes, but I may be wrong.
Would be nice to have an opinion from someone who owned them both.

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Bubiz wrote:
Thanks guys.

christiaan, I know about the bearings, my Revolt has the same problem, more or less, so I'm used to clean or replace bearings on a regular basis, that wouldn't be the problem.
I checked the Undead size chart and I would definitely be on the M side, more than on S.

NoiNPO, I think the shock is mounted the same way on both frames, directly onto the swing arm on one side and to the Delta System leverages on the other. Delta System's links and leverages should work the same, should have the same dimensions but different shapes, but I may be wrong.

I have an undead, and the shock mounts to the front triangle in the bottom, and to the delta link at the top...

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 0:29 Quote
NoiNPO wrote:
Bubiz wrote:
Thanks guys.

I have an undead, and the shock mounts to the front triangle in the bottom, and to the delta link at the top...

Revolt had a full floating shock design. The Undead mounts to the delta link and to the front triangle near the bottom bracket

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 1:33 Quote
You guys are right, I thought the Undead had the same full floating design.
Now it would be more interesting to know if someone had both the Revolt and the Undead and know how they compare.

Another question: for those who had those cracks on the rear triangle, it was said they were just cosmetic problems, not structural, so, do you still ride it?
Did the crack stay the same in time or did it get worse?

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 at 10:09 Quote
Still riding with cracks, they seem to form quickly then stay pretty well the same. Mine is 15 months old and the cracks became visible after 2 months and grew to their current state in another month or so. Drive side is worse on mine, saw another undead yesterday with the same cracks just seems to be what they do. My advice would be to buy two, one for parts.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
aminal wrote:
Still riding with cracks, they seem to form quickly then stay pretty well the same. Mine is 15 months old and the cracks became visible after 2 months and grew to their current state in another month or so. Drive side is worse on mine, saw another undead yesterday with the same cracks just seems to be what they do. My advice would be to buy two, one for parts.

Thanks a lot, so it looks like you can get along with those cracks, so I finally bought one, Medium size.
Can't wait...

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 2:52 Quote
Hey guys!
I just bought an Evil Undead Frame and want to change the Headangle to slack. How do i get those Aluminium Cups out? I just tried to pull them out with my Fingers because I dont want to damage anything or scratch the Carbon with tools. And what spring rate do you ride with the original FOX RC4? The 350lbs spring is far too soft for me ( 76kg )and I am thinking to get a 400lbs or 425lbs SA spring, but dont know which one fits better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013455
Mobile Version of Website