Help! Specialized p3 or ns majesty dirt

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help! Specialized p3 or ns majesty dirt
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 at 13:55 Quote
I'm undecided to buy these two frameworks.
that you wanted to give me some opinion
thanks

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 at 17:33 Quote
Get the P3. I just bought a 2011 p3 frame for 300 bucks. This bitch is light as fack

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 5:37 Quote
is longer than the majesty dirt?

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 6:18 Quote
get the majesty street the same style of frame just shorter seat stays so easier to flick about specially if you are a not that tall sam pilgrim uses one and you cant argue with that

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 16:50 Quote
buy the ns those are such nice frames they ride much nicer than the p3

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 13:32 Quote
Look into the new NS decade. It is the same geo as the Majesty only made out of aluminum.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 3:47 Quote
Looking at getting a dirt bike and was considering these options.

P3 2015 model (the yellow one) or majesty 2012 dirt that is like new. I'm new to dirt jumping if that helps?

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 6:48 Quote
RocketMk2 wrote:
Looking at getting a dirt bike and was considering these options.

P3 2015 model (the yellow one) or majesty 2012 dirt that is like new. I'm new to dirt jumping if that helps?

I have both, Although my Maj is 2014 and my p3 is 2008. If you plan on riding street, I wouldgo with the Majesty... Just my opinion, it feels better on street than most aluminum bikes will and just 'fits in' better at skateparks and whatnot.

Having said that, I would expect the Majesty frame to fail sooner than the P3 if its used AND 2012. My Majesty frame is immaculate looking, but I've hit (and cased, half of lol) thousands of jumps in the 6 months or so I've had it... The paint jobs are resilient, they hide the pain... If you are new to dirtjumping, you may not be able to tell, but the average Majesty owner (I'm assuming...) knows what they were getting themselves into- riding wise, and abused that frame to hell... In which case I'd say a new p3 wins against a 3 year old ANYTHING. Not even because of the geo, or manufacturer, but because you could DIE trying to ride a used frame hard. One snapped steerer tube or headtube failure at the wrong time and POW!

edit, sorry, I was getting away from your actual question... For dirt, I would go with the P3 anyway... I just prefer aluminum for dirt... Steel for everything else.. but that's me. Still LOVE steel on dirt... Its just that aluminum frames feel more precise in the air.. Steel is more comfy for sure, so maybe you would prefer it if youre new to riding dirt....but personally I don't care about being comfortable, unless the jumps are poorly maintained.

in which case that's rider error too... because we all need to put in work to ride dirt...

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 2:36 Quote
Metro-Gnome - Many thanks for the great information - that helps a lot.

I would agree that buying a SH jump bike is not ideal and frame breakage is the last thing that I would wish for.

The bike is mainly for dirt. You hit the nail on the head as I was thinking the steel might me more comfortable (showing my age here), however I think the P3 is the one for me. They are pretty well specced off the shelf and I can focus on learning rather than worrying about snappage, as I guess I will be casing a lot. Ouch!

Exciting times ahead!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013995
Mobile Version of Website