Specialized Tattoo

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 6:19 Quote
Why did you ask us what our thoughts were and then dismiss every negative point we made?
I'm not having a go at you by the way, I'm just giving you my honest opinion:

You're putting a corporation's logo on your body, for life.
Nobody except bikers will get the reference (whatever you do, don't put the words "be specialized" on your body. You will constantly get asked if you are 'special', ie, special needs = retarded).

And only a small percentage of bikers prefer Specialized over other brands anyway. The others won't care.
You're also going to hate the tattoo when (not if) you start riding a different brand.

If you really want a tattoo, you should get something that means a lot to you personally, like an inspiring quote. don't brand yourself with a corporate logo like you're their property or something.

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 1:34 Quote
Just a small example.
Friend of mine has done some Superman tattoo on his biceps when he was 17 (20 years ago when Everyone watched Superman movies) these days it was in fasion lots of kids wanted to have something like he has, now he will pay ££££££ to get rid of that as soon as possible.

If you want a tattoo get something unique
Something YOU
Be who you want to be, be yourself!

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 5:22 Quote
No go on logos. Still regretting my Rip Curl from 17 years old. Why not take the S and reshape it into something? Like multiple S's that form a cog or cassette? Just a thought but branding a Logo for life limits ink for down the road. Mountain bike ink can be fun when you get creative and the slogan idea is tight just filter it a bit with the logo is all I'm saying. Good luck.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 21:30 Quote
i would get it if u want it but mabe throw some flag colors in there or mabe some robotic rips in the S..... i would not just do it red and i would not do it 3x3 go big and later on down the road if u like a diffrent bike brand .... so what spec is the best as of now so poo on the spec haters wooooooooooo woooooooooooo . also 40 years down the trail busters will know u are an OG...... And last point to my coment/rant all bikes are created = its the rider who makes it great .

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 21:41 Quote
ernestrinconjr wrote:
i would get it if u want it but mabe throw some flag colors in there or mabe some robotic rips in the S..... i would not just do it red and i would not do it 3x3 go big and later on down the road if u like a diffrent bike brand .... so what spec is the best as of now so poo on the spec haters wooooooooooo woooooooooooo . also 40 years down the trail busters will know u are an OG...... And last point to my coment/rant all bikes are created = its the rider who makes it great .
how it the best...last time I checked there "best bike" is deff not the best. Unless you are into pedaling a pogo stick. They need to update there suspension design bad!

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 8:39 Quote
be yourself....by having a corporate logo on your leg. Awesome idea. Maybe get Bell on the other leg....

Posted: Apr 8, 2013 at 12:11 Quote
I would agree that a Specialize tattoo (or any corporate logo) wouldn't be smart. if you're a good rider and passionate enough about riding to get a bike related tattoo, what would you do if you get a sponsorship offer from someone besides Specialized... you'd look pretty silly (or might miss out on offers). Also consider what has happened to other brands: i know plenty of people (especially on the roadie side) that will not ride or buy Trek anymore after the whole Armstrong ordeal. If Specialized gets involved in some sort of scandal in 15 years you're gonna be stuck with it.

Especially if you want to use it to promote a message like "be yourself" or "be unique" I wouldn't use a logo that is far from unique or personal to you.

To each their own and we're not talking abut my calf but that's my opinion.

Posted: Apr 8, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
yeh times change man, my mate got a Rick Astley tattoo back when he was cool..
unlucky
photo

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 15:21 Quote
[Quote="Brettz"]i was thinking about getting a "Specialized S" tattoo, i was going to plan to put it on my other calf. i just don't know, what do you guys think and maybe i could get a saying/slogan to put with it..

any ideas post em below! Big Grin

like this just different spot and probably coloured.

Just find a girl, have a son or daughter and have his/her name and d.o.b tattood on your calf. Way cooler, got bags more meaning, proves your not a gay homosexual AND ppl will actually congratulate you on your achievement rather than take the piss cos you had a silly red 'S' wiv a shit slogan permanently engraved into your skin.

Posted: Jun 9, 2013 at 13:19 Quote
Still want a spesh tat even after gwin got shut out at the World Cup?

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 3:44 Quote
I think you're underselling this. Go big or go home.

Get a giant "S" logo covering your entire back.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 8:34 Quote
Ppl might mistake it for a saracen s...

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 13:20 Quote
DNR all the other replies but the bottom line is: If you're going to stamp some company logo onto your leg for life they damn better pay you for it.

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 14:58 Quote
I wouldn't do that for some company that cares zero about you

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
Getting an "S" tattoo is much better than getting the whole word on there.

Just think, every time you meet a Sara, Sandy, Sabrina, Stephanie.... you have an instant icebreaker

Make it small enough that you can get it covered up in 10 years, and don't do solid black fill

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019493
Mobile Version of Website